Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I've got no more...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2008, 04:55 AM   #1
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
No more motherfuckin' neck
No more motherfuckin' legs
No more motherfuckin' voice
No more motherfuckin' ears
No more motherfuckin' back
No more motherfuckin' arms

I went to the "Les Nuits Secrètes" festival yesterday, it was in Aulnoye Aymeries so 1 hour away from my home in car. It was fuckin' great! I saw:

Nervous Cabaret: they were really good, they're very repetitive on record but the energy they have in live is really great

HEALTH: they were great! They fuckin' blasted me. Maybe they "overplay" a bit, but it's great to see them move in every way. The drummer is amazing.

Caribou: fantastic as well. The double-drums sections were the best, it's really powerful and beautiful at the time. The last track was pure awesomeness, too bad I can't find its title, it had like a 10 minutes instrumental part with only guitars 'n drums.

Birdy Nam Nam: I thought it would be instrumental hip hop, it was more like pure techno bliss. Killer beats and acid, distorded melodic lines made by 4 french DJs (they were DJ world champion in 2002). I enjoyed it, and the public was very good. Mention for their LED walls as well, they can do great lights effects with that.

No Age: they were the band I wanted to see the most. It was 1:30 am and I was really tired, but I still went. The live began being good, but the sound was not so good (which is strange: it was the only gig in an inside room of the night, and they're only two, and they had the worst sound of the night), and the people mostly came for the two techno/house bands after them, but when Every Artist Has A Tragedy came, the deflagration I was waiting for arrived as well: the gig became really powerful, ultra energetic. And the No Age dudes are really great, they were joking and talking with the public. The drummer distributed strange papers in the public, so I got one, as I was right in front of the scene, I could touch it.

All in all, it was a perfect festival. Kudos for the sound ingeneers that made perfect sound for all the bands (even No Age after a few tracks), especially on the drums that sounded clearer as ever. Great, then. But I'm a bit tired, I finally got home at 4:30 am
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth