Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page your relationship with yo parents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.07.2008, 02:03 PM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Wow, you're in your twenties and your parents let you do what you want?
Like you can put up that Marilyn Manson poster and they don't make you take it down?

My Mum just read this and said 'he seems really mean'.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 02:03 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
She then muttered 'cunt' under her breath.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.07.2008, 02:05 PM   #23
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
My Mum just read this and said 'he seems really mean'.

Insert predictable "that's not what she said last night" comment here.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 02:07 PM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Insert predictable "that's not what she said last night" comment here.

Your mum just called actually. Couldn't make out what she was saying, sounded like she had cock in her mouth.

Quote:
Old 04.07.2008, 02:07 PM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Your mum just called actually. Couldn't make out what she was saying, sounded like she had cock in her mouth.

Black cock.

Quote:
Old 04.07.2008, 02:07 PM   #26
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Black cock.

The above statement is not an endorsement of slavery.

Quote:
Old 04.07.2008, 02:09 PM   #27
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I think she uses the term "gimp" when she talks about that guy.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 02:10 PM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
I think she uses the term "gimp" when she talks about that guy.

Way to make a guy feel special. *sobs*

Quote:
Old 04.07.2008, 03:17 PM   #29
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
mother - good
father - very little in common, difficult person to get along with, hardly ever speak to him.

Me too, my dad lives overseas so I don't talk to him much but we talked about as much when we were living in the same house too. Not that I hated him, he just never bothered to talk to me so I just did my own thing.

Now he calls me on my birthday and Christmas out of some sense of obligation or something (he sounds pained when he's talking like someone's got a stick waiting to hit him if he doesn't keep asking obvious questions) but it's so weird talking to him that I just wish he didn't.
Kina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 03:20 PM   #30
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I'll add to the mother = good, father = not so good.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 03:23 PM   #31
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
mum - my favourite person in the world, she is a million times cooler than me in every way. I respect her so much, she has lived an amazing life. We live together, and we get along fine, very rarely never arguing.

dad - an asshole, a self absorbed money freak. I regret most of the time we spent together after my parents divorce. I will live a happy life never seeing him again.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 03:46 PM   #32
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
too legit to quit

i get along with both of them very well
they are both super supportive and caring/loving
i'm very lucky to have them both in my life
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 04:02 PM   #33
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Interesting thread. I've always been closer to my mom for some reason (my own self-psychological analysis has failed to find why). She's a very DIY personality in that she grew up in Ohio but moved out to California after dropping out of college and was in with, but no way sold, in the hippie scene. She has a real "fuck you, I can do it just as well or better" mentality that I look up to. Also she knows my personality to a tee in surprising ways, at times. I've been told that I'm hard to read in the past, but this isn't an issue for her.

My father, on the other hand, is the cool-minded intellect. He is the youngest and only male of a liberal Catholic family so he has a sense of legacy, in a way. However he is approachable and wise though he leaves the comforting to mother. He's a considerable influence on my own choice to be a philosophy major, and I see him as a influence on my appreciation of Aristotle. I cherish the times my father, brother, and I get some cold beers and talk about politics, sports and whatever else.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 04:26 PM   #34
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i have an amazing relationship with my parents.

dad: pretty much, along with my brother, my best friend and the only person i trust 100 percent. ignited my love in music at a young age when he played miles, coltrane, hendrix, and howlin wolf in the car as a child. drink and smokes pot with me when i was younger. only problem is he insists on me stayin in college and becoming a lwayer, the former of which i will do, the latter which i most certainly will not. hes also kinda a pain in the ass when i gert tats and die my hair, etc..

mom: amazingly supportive. wants me to do whatever it is that makes me happy. the best person to talk to in the world when im feeling depressed. her downsides is that she is the straightest person in the world, when i started drinkin and smokin weed when i was younger she used to constantly wait up for me and then drill me. when i got into harder drugs, it was evern worse.

i am very lucky to have as amazing parents as i do, im pretty close with all my family, siblings and parents. i got the hippy dad who lets me do whatever as long as i stay in school, and the loving but paranoid mom who keeps me in line, the brother who is musicial partner in crime, and my sistor whom i love very much and look out after, she is also an amazing dancer and will prolly be backing pop stars soon enough.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 04:38 PM   #35
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Long distance they're in Florida & I'm in Kentucky...

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 06:23 PM   #36
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
Me too, my dad lives overseas so I don't talk to him much but we talked about as much when we were living in the same house too. Not that I hated him, he just never bothered to talk to me so I just did my own thing.

Now he calls me on my birthday and Christmas out of some sense of obligation or something (he sounds pained when he's talking like someone's got a stick waiting to hit him if he doesn't keep asking obvious questions) but it's so weird talking to him that I just wish he didn't.

my dad has forgotten my birthday for the last two or three years running
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 06:25 PM   #37
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
AMAZING BIO FACT 386: I have no idea what my mother and father's birthdays are.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 07:12 PM   #38
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
my mom is a single mom so i won't bitch about my dad since i have no idea who he is nor have i cared about it for the last 26 years of my life.

but i get amazingly with my mom, talk about pretty much everything, she got me into ccr and black sabbath when i started to get into music and i've always shared the music i listen to with her. same with movies, same with tons of stuff. most of my friends get along with her so much that she's seen a fair number of them drunk.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2008, 07:17 PM   #39
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i love my mum more than anyone could. we didn't used to have a very good relationship at all which was all my fault. now we're like best friends.

my dad is a difficult human being to deal with who was absent both physically and emotionally for most of my life and would send me generous sums of money every month or so which i was intelligent enough to save. he collects state quarters.
Old 04.07.2008, 07:42 PM   #40
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I don't even know at this point.

I get along with them fine. My mom and I get along personality-wise better than my dad. But I have more in common with him, with superficial things like...video games, and music. But on a more important emotional level, I don't know. I know they love me, and truly care for me. But I'm not sure where I stand with them. They are too protective, they don't seem to approve of all of who I am, not that I give a shit, and make it hard for me to live what little of a life can be lived in suburban America. All I know is I have to get out of this house and this town before I can really start to asses our relationship.

And I plan on doing just that. I graduate in 2009, and I'm leaving after that. I don't care what they say, or how much money I have.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth