Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Jad Fair
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2008, 07:52 PM   #1
leakyheadboy
bad moon rising

leakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's asses
Was a-wondering do you guys like him? and if so does anyone know the title of the song about millions of kisses or something?
leakyheadboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2008, 07:55 PM   #2
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
All I have is The Band That Would Be King and that one album he did with Teenage Fanclub, but I like what I've heard.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2008, 07:57 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
he's alright... he seems a lot cooler than a lot of his music is, to be honest.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2008, 07:57 PM   #4
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I saw him the other night playing with Daniel Johnston, among others, and he was great- funny as ever and still playing guitar like only he knows how.

Sadly the only recordings I have of him are from a live Half Japanese set in Hamburg in the 90s.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2008, 09:10 PM   #5
leakyheadboy
bad moon rising

leakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's asses
bummer.... yer he does play that lil guitar like a god... i saw him with danny the other night too and his short set was definitely a highlight... Astonic I kinda get what you mean but when seeing him play i couldn't help but get swept up in his giddy warmth... he seemed like one happy guy... and after seeing the show i think it helped to put his songs into a little more context... you know?
Old 07.27.2008, 06:02 AM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i love half jap

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2008, 10:02 AM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakyheadboy
bummer.... yer he does play that lil guitar like a god... i saw him with danny the other night too and his short set was definitely a highlight... Astonic I kinda get what you mean but when seeing him play i couldn't help but get swept up in his giddy warmth... he seemed like one happy guy... and after seeing the show i think it helped to put his songs into a little more context... you know?

Yeah definitely! I've never seen him before, only heard him, so now the insanity in the music makes more sense to me after seeing him rock it live. I'd completely forgotten he was going to play that night, too, so it was a great surprise.

The lighting for that show was fucked though- they had these weird spotlights at the back of the stage AIMED at the audience, and by the end of the first set my eyes were melting and I had the most killer headache of all time. Thankfully they switched it off when Scout Niblett came on so I recovered.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2008, 02:40 PM   #8
leakyheadboy
bad moon rising

i was real surprised at how the IndigO2 was actually pretty nice... great sound... way cold air conditioning... good lighting and was impressed me the most was that the security guys didn't stand right in front of the stage... so many great gigs have been sullied by the fact that i've spent most of the night with a great big burly bastard security dude all up in my grill whilst catching the occasional glimpse of my favorite bands over the sweat beaded, shaven head of captain muscles... Jad has a free album on his website by the way if you diddnt know

Old 11.24.2010, 07:47 AM   #9
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
jad fair: In May Half Japanese will play at the Primavera Sound 2011 festival in Bacelona, and at Villette Sonique in Paris. It will be the band lineup of John Sluggett, Jason Willett, Gilles Rieder, Mick Hobbs and me.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2010, 08:00 AM   #10
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakyheadboy
Was a-wondering do you guys like him? and if so does anyone know the title of the song about millions of kisses or something?

it's called "1,000,000 kisses"
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth