Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Skiesfalling EXPEP Mindbreaths (shameless self promotion)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2006, 07:45 PM   #1
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Hi LOvely folks of the sonic youth realm, just wanted to invite you along for a listen to our new EP, EXPEP 1 Mindbreaths. For those of you who remember Bella, this is my (starry eyed wanderer) new band Skiesfalling and our first release.

The EXPEP series features improvised songs in the more experimental vein of Skiesfalling (also usually smaller groups of the band and typically without drums) most of which would be very difficult to recapture for live rehearsed performance. The idea for the EP was a post conception as all of the material is complete improv, no pre conception, completely unplanned and unwritten....just us recording and playing and some things just worked out and we somehow stayed on the same page enough.

You can listen to a preview at our website http://sonicsoundwave.com/EXPEP1_Sampler.mp3 and for even more fun check out the website itself for extras http://www.sonicsoundwave.com

soniclove,
starry blake
skiesfalling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 03:59 AM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
the preview sounds incredible. i'll be sure to check out the rest
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 09:32 AM   #3
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the kind words guys

soniclove,
Blake
Old 07.05.2006, 04:07 PM   #4
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
hmmm, skiesfalling, sounds familiar.... maybe I'v seen it on myspace....

tricky tricky

ME? no........

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 05:06 PM   #5
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
awesome blake, i downloaded a tonne of your stuff before and it was fantastic
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 05:10 PM   #6
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
Awsome stuff, I love psych/improv stuff!
Do you remember me starry blake? I was the kid who lived in San Antonio and liked hanadensha a lot and asked you if I could put up your stuff on soulseek.

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2006, 01:06 AM   #7
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
awesome blake, i downloaded a tonne of your stuff before and it was fantastic

hmmm...merry England.....is that you Mr. Tom?
Old 07.06.2006, 01:08 AM   #8
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance feeeedback
Awsome stuff, I love psych/improv stuff!
Do you remember me starry blake? I was the kid who lived in San Antonio and liked hanadensha a lot and asked you if I could put up your stuff on soulseek.

Yes I do remember you although not quite sure about the name....you would be lain the pink noise yes?

Yeah hang on to whatever old stuff you downloaded from the site cuz it's not up anymore.....moving forward moving forward.

AND THANKS for the compliment

starry doses
Old 07.12.2006, 02:25 PM   #9
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Hey guys, just to keep this related SKiesfalling info all in one thread, I just found out today that our music is going to be used in the accompanying Documentary to Linklater's new movie Fast Food Nation.....I'm pretty excited!!!

Old 07.18.2006, 03:17 PM   #10
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

ok last bump I promise

Old 07.18.2006, 03:18 PM   #11
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Dose
Hey guys, just to keep this related SKiesfalling info all in one thread, I just found out today that our music is going to be used in the accompanying Documentary to Linklater's new movie Fast Food Nation.....I'm pretty excited!!!

Amazing! You deserve it. My heartiest congratulations.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2006, 03:25 PM   #12
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Amazing! You deserve it. My heartiest congratulations.

Many thanks Erik

Old 07.18.2006, 03:56 PM   #13
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesfalling
hmmm...merry England.....is that you Mr. Tom?

yup! congrats on the soundtracking too!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 11:43 AM   #14
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Excellent stuff there.Just finished to listen.More shameless self-promotion on the way perhaps?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 11:47 AM   #15
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Excellent stuff there.Just finished to listen.More shameless self-promotion on the way perhaps?

Thanks!

Curious what you mean by the "more shameless self promotion on the way perhaps"?

referring to the soundtrack stuff? if yes, then probably so or maybe not... The documentary that our music is on- apparently the producers have plans to air it on TV in Europe to drum up interest since it doesn't give the movie away. It's really good (the doc) and it made me want to see the movie when it makes it out.

Old 07.19.2006, 11:48 AM   #16
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Dose
Thanks!

Curious what you mean by the "more shameless self promotion on the way perhaps"?

referring to the soundtrack stuff? if yes, then probably so or maybe not... The documentary that our music is on- apparently the producers have plans to air it on TV in Europe to drum up interest since it doesn't give the movie away. It's really good (the doc) and it made me want to see the movie when it makes it out.
I meant,are you going to upload more music at one point?

Old 07.19.2006, 11:55 AM   #17
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
I meant,are you going to upload more music at one point?

Yeah, we've got a few more demos up on the site of other material in the works...not finished for release recordings etc..... Hopefully we'll have some more up soon and a full album out by the end of the year.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:02 PM   #18
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Beautiful stuff!If anything it's too short.It seems like i've missed your music on the previous board(not that i posted much on it).Did you upload more on this one?I'll check out the site.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:04 PM   #19
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Oh and this preview is only a sample of the entire cd (like 8 mins of 29)... There are details about how to order it on the website or myspace page. We've kept the price about as low as we can go ($5 cost for production, mastering, artwork etc...) and the store here in Austin www.endofanear.com will do international orders and the shipping for Intl is pretty decent ($4)!

Old 07.19.2006, 12:06 PM   #20
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Excellent.This is a pleasant surprise.Thanks a lot.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth