Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Question for fans of hip hop mixtapes...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2010, 07:22 PM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'm never certain how I want to put the artist in WMP. Like for instance, let's just use this Gucci Mane CD

now I tend to credit the artist as Gucci Mane & DJ Drama. Though I notice most people would just credit Gucci Mane -- including reviewers. I mean, I like the idea of just crediting him, it really is him doing the rapping and let's be honest DJ Drama and similar DJ's nowadays are really just hosts. They act more like independent labels than traditional DJ's. But at the same time, his name is on the cover.

What do you guys do? (I'm guessing I'll get like several "not listen to Gucci Mane cuz he sux rarz!!!!!!!! answers before anyone actually answers for real but.......)
Old 06.18.2010, 12:07 AM   #2
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
Just by the rapper.
viewtiful alan redux is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2010, 02:59 AM   #3
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I don't tend to put a lot of my stuff on the computer, but when filing it on the CD/vinyl racks, I personally tend to classify everything by whatever it is that ties it into the thing that ties together my interest in it. So for example all of my Sonic Youth related stuff comes under Sonic, arranged by issue date, regardless of what it says on the cover, all of my John Zorn stuff goes together, and so on. Or with a hip-hop example, all of my Talib Kweli and Mos Def stuff, together or solo, goes under Black Star. So I guess by that logic do it by rapper, assuming that you're primarily interested in say Gucci, rather than DJ Drama.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2010, 03:27 AM   #4
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Both
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth