Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY Chooses Not to FADE Away!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.22.2006, 09:36 AM   #1
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
I think one thing that the new board shows it that Sonic Youth is choosing not to fade away and wither on the vine. They, and the people around them, seem to want to keep the dream alive. And as long as they continue to put out relevant music, then GODSPEED!!!

New and updated venues mean a hell of a lot more than new formats, avatars or whatever. It shows a commitment to carry on into the future.

And I say....RIGHTEOUS!!!
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 09:44 AM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
For sure, the thing with the Youth is that they always have a decent amount of fans no matter how many years they've existed. They always come out with new stuff and we can preserve collections of their old stuff, which shows a true spirit of dedication to the artists.

Sonic Life!
Old 03.23.2006, 06:43 AM   #3
xpressway2yrskull
little trouble girl

xpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's asses
Well, assuming they carry on as long as the Stones, don't we have another 18 or so years of SY? That'd make Kim 70.... I wonder how that would affect her stage presence.
xpressway2yrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's gret that they are still making stuff that's up there with their best work, and that they are still drawing in lots of young new fans.

I imagine the audience profile of the Rolling Stones (for example) is somewhat different to that of Sonic Youth. And I'll bet a large proportion of that audience are waiting for the ancient songs rather than the new ones.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 01:37 PM   #5
hebbel
little trouble girl

hebbel ain't too shabbyhebbel ain't too shabby
it's a good thing they don't look their age... so if we have 18 years or so to go kim will look 50 when she's 70...

steve will probably still look like he's 15...
hebbel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 01:51 PM   #6
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I think about that allot too. I think allot of people fail to grasp that this band has been around for 20 plus years and people aren't going to shows to hear all the oldies, there excited for new music everytime. It's never a drag when they say "This is a new one" like it is at allot of those rock dinosaurs concerts. Long Live SY.

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 04:39 PM   #7
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
Sonic youth is imortal like my love for this board
sellouteater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 05:54 PM   #8
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Kim will always rock no matter how old
Old 03.23.2006, 06:46 PM   #9
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Kim will be 100 and will still have more stage presence and beauty than any popstar a quarter of her age.
Old 03.23.2006, 08:56 PM   #10
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston is immortal... Seriously, look at him.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 09:09 PM   #11
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
i've just watched jilla jambore show and i was thinking....g i was only 6yr. old and they were rocking big time allready. now it's like '06 and they still rock really hard. fucking amazing.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 10:46 AM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Life!~
Old 08.12.2010, 07:56 AM   #13
perverzion
little trouble girl

perverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's asses
Hey enough of this talk - how long will they be around? You just enjoy the music, don't count the releases and years. Don't think - "This sounds pretty good for 50 yrs old." Maybe after everything is really over - time to do the math.
perverzion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 09:05 AM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I do not want to think about when it will be over!

sad times to come! we will weigh their greatness then

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth