Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.08.2014, 03:42 PM   #5241
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Ironically casual american audience may be fooled into thinking this is a good match since there were so many gols.. the insane history being made aside, this is a total letdown.. when a is so thoroughly over in the 1st 29 minutes there is nothing more to watch, time to troll twitter. Streaks are the worst jinx in sports, and brazil hadnt lost a competitive match in brazil since 1975. In other words the sheer math let alone their underperforming roster suggested brazil was going to lose. However nothing predicted this kind of total annihilation

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 03:47 PM   #5242
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
This is the most insane futbol game ive ever seen.. insane. Germany is playing with the cheat codes .. to be sure there WILL be riots tonite in brazil

they didn't riot in 1950. they won't do it today. just a lot of tears.

and deep down they must know they deserve it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 03:56 PM   #5243
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
How will they come back to play the second half (both teams I mean)?

This is so silly... The goals were so sweet, here, partner, please, have a shot...
Pretty wonderful, but it does feel like on a fiction channel...
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 04:00 PM   #5244
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
This is not 1950 and brazil has been rioting about the world cup politics for years now leading upto opening week of the tournament. This is a volatile situation, literally millions of poor brazilians feel like the rising middle class is flying past them. Hosting the ccup was symbolic of this class and indeed racial divide. The only thing keeping the peace the love of futbol by tthe entire population. Now, with brazil put in humiliating fashion, those poor masses who have already been rioting may have nothing to restrain them. I always feared that if/when brazil was eliminated there would be violence as folks ask themselves,"what was this worth?" I sincerely pray there is no violence but the past 2 years of police brutality I fear have stoked the people. Roaming police deathsquads in the favellas have wrongfully been blamed on the world cup, and im not sure the ccommunities who have been victimized by police brutality will be able to shrug it off

Old 07.08.2014, 04:01 PM   #5245
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
How will they come back to play the second half (both teams I mean)?

This is so silly... The goals were so sweet, here, partner, please, have a shot...
Pretty wonderful, but it does feel like on a fiction channel...

on the 4th goal i had a moment of unreality where i thought i was dreaming. you know, one of those "pinch me" moments that you can't believe. i was already lightheaded from screaming for the 3rd goal and then i just floated.

im still dizzy.

--

ps- shit! loew benched my captain! aghhhhh
Old 07.08.2014, 04:05 PM   #5246
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
i am praying for brazil to STEP UP THEIR FUCKING GAME

also, özil has fucking ugly frog eyes
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 04:07 PM   #5247
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

Like I said, fantasy sports can ruin even historic matches like this one where winning isn't enough

Old 07.08.2014, 04:08 PM   #5248
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Like I said, fantasy sports can ruin even historic matches like this one where winning isn't enough

who is ruined?

you dream!

double the fun
Old 07.08.2014, 04:09 PM   #5249
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
i am praying for brazil to STEP UP THEIR FUCKING GAME

also, özil has fucking ugly frog eyes
Its gonna take more than prayer and i say that as a man of prayer. Have you considered voodoon? After all, it is brasil

Old 07.08.2014, 04:10 PM   #5250
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

btw the new brazilian attacks are coming right through mertesacker (where hummels was)

neuer shines though.
Old 07.08.2014, 04:12 PM   #5251
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Its gonna take more than prayer and i say that as a man of prayer. Have you considered voodoon? After all, it is brasil
maybe i'm just gonna call sexy jogi löw and make him tell the boys to be nice to their hosts and let them score
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 04:24 PM   #5252
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
maybe i'm just gonna call sexy jogi löw and make him tell the boys to be nice to their hosts and let them score
So your plan is to rub the crotch of your loew voodoon doll? He looks almost Shaolin dispassionate so that may not work.

Old 07.08.2014, 04:34 PM   #5253
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
on the 4th goal i had a moment of unreality where i thought i was dreaming. you know, one of those "pinch me" moments that you can't believe. i was already lightheaded from screaming for the 3rd goal and then i just floated.

im still dizzy.

--

Hahaha this is the funniest thing I've read....

I want to see 10-0. Please....!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 04:35 PM   #5254
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I was talking so muh trash to my 7 yr old nephew. He was going for Brazil. Then I had to leave for work :/
Old 07.08.2014, 04:46 PM   #5255
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

one goal for the honor

poor things
Old 07.08.2014, 05:18 PM   #5256
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Brilliant. Just brilliant. It's easy to say how shit Brazil were, but Germany really were just brilliant, and that's not with a kill yourself playing style. Love it.

One more thing, the reason why I loved Brazil getting mullered so hard (sorry) is because throughout the tournament they've talked as if the cup was rightfully there's, and that they'd win it without a doubt. That arrogance was rightfully shown up, and there's a case to say that it was shown up from their first game.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 05:19 PM   #5257
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Gaaarrrrbage. I wanted to see a shut out.
Old 07.08.2014, 05:21 PM   #5258
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

With the Seattle Seahawks obliterating the Denver Broncos in the Superbowl, with the San Antonio Spurs annihilating the Miami Heat, and now Germany destroying Brazil in epic and historic fashion, 2014 is official the year of the Kool Keith Critical Beatdown, even if Germany goes on to lose the Final.

Old 07.08.2014, 05:26 PM   #5259
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
This is not 1950 and brazil has been rioting about the world cup politics for years now leading upto opening week of the tournament. This is a volatile situation, literally millions of poor brazilians feel like the rising middle class is flying past them. Hosting the ccup was symbolic of this class and indeed racial divide. The only thing keeping the peace the love of futbol by tthe entire population. Now, with brazil put in humiliating fashion, those poor masses who have already been rioting may have nothing to restrain them. I always feared that if/when brazil was eliminated there would be violence as folks ask themselves,"what was this worth?" I sincerely pray there is no violence but the past 2 years of police brutality I fear have stoked the people. Roaming police deathsquads in the favellas have wrongfully been blamed on the world cup, and im not sure the ccommunities who have been victimized by police brutality will be able to shrug it off

We can't sleep on this enough, the World Cup has come to symbolize everything that is wrong with Brazilian society, economy, and politics. The police are brutal by every definition, there are literally roaming police death squads in the Favellas, summary executions are a way of life and have been for decades now.. It would be quite literally a MIRACLE for Brazil not to fall into violence because their team playing deep into the tournament was perhaps the only true pacifying situation to quell the potential for escalating hostility. The police may spark it by overreacting in fear of the crowds and retribution for dirt the police have done. The crowds may spark it in their perfectly legitimate grievances against the police and the state. Lord have His mercy! It takes all the fun out of having enjoyed a truly historic match.

Worst lost for Brazil ever. Klose breaks Brazil's own Ronaldo's most goals scored in the World Cup all-time record. Germany as a team breaks Brazil's own national team record for most goals scored in World Cup history. Now Germany is going to their record setting 8th Final, also breaking Italy and Brazil's record. Whoa... I only hope the violence is minimal or nonexistent so we can rightfully celebrate what Germany accomplished. If Germany loses the Final, it still can't negate what just happened.

Old 07.08.2014, 06:04 PM   #5260
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks

WRONG SPORT

the correct surprises are:

netherlands 5 spain 1

germany 4 portugal 0

costa rica 1 italy 0 + costa rica 3 uruguay 1 = costa rica wins group = alternate reality

and yes now germany 7 brazil 1 insanity

given that record i think in the end it deserves to be a netherlands-germany final but we'll have to wait till tomorrow to know
213253260261262 263 264265266273313363 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth