Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.01.2015, 06:37 AM   #39181
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Moving day. gmku's soul is going whoopee.
Old 07.01.2015, 07:32 AM   #39182
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
i have similar medical news to schizo

just found a cure for an 8 year nightmare

ibs-d can be cured by a mix of l glutamine and probiotics, also rifaxamin but thats not essential

many people have committed suicide due to this condition which docs cant cure but quacks and desperation will exhaust you with a million false remedies for

i was told it was "all in my head"

its not taken seriously even tho people kill themselves or quit their jobs because of it - i used to have to drop my stuff and run out of shops it was that bad. lost social life and the ability to work - driven insane by it. tbh was pretty close to checking out all together since the humiliation of this condition is too much to deal with
Old 07.01.2015, 08:29 AM   #39183
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple

ibs-d can be cured by a mix of l glutamine and probiotics, also rifaxamin but thats not essential

many people have committed suicide due to this condition which docs cant cure but quacks and desperation will exhaust you with a million false remedies for

its not taken seriously even tho people kill themselves or quit their jobs because of it - i used to have to drop my stuff and run out of shops it was that bad. lost social life and the ability to work - driven insane by it. tbh was pretty close to checking out all together since the humiliation of this condition is too much to deal with

my wife had years of false diagnosis and docs telling her it was in her head. fucking horrible. glad to hear your treatment is working.
Old 07.01.2015, 08:47 AM   #39184
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
how did she cure it or does she still have it?

it flares up and recedes in people - she should really try the same treatment as me if shes still having problems, can send links if you need them?
Old 07.01.2015, 09:00 AM   #39185
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

this is shaping up to be a great summer-- congrats & congrats & more

and look, i don't mean to be one of those people who jump into bandwagons and paranoia, but since you're actually irish, and crohn's/gluten intolerance is rife in your population genetics-- could it be???

me, i'm an afroamerindianmediterranean mongrel, so i can eat bread all day. but you might want to do experiments with it if you haven't yet. not presuming you haven't already-- just that, in case you haven't, i'm mentioning it.

--

just spent 2 hours doing a little farm work. best morning workout ever.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2015, 09:12 AM   #39186
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

gluten intolerance is in my family, but i dont think i have it since the gluten free diet was one of the many cures i attempted.

the dude who found the cure im using took the scientific approach and did the research, trying and checking off supposed cure after supposed cure until he found one that worked, absolute hero.
Old 07.01.2015, 09:13 AM   #39187
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

also - for me, experimentation never ends
Old 07.01.2015, 09:15 AM   #39188
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
also - for me, experimentation never ends

internet high five ha ha ha

same here.

because of this i think i'm going to try sleeping in a hammock soon.

reduce/reduce/reduce
Old 07.01.2015, 09:34 AM   #39189
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
how did she cure it or does she still have it?

it flares up and recedes in people - she should really try the same treatment as me if shes still having problems, can send links if you need them?

she has had to stop eating all sorts of food. nuts, seeds, popcorn, etc, all aggravated the condition. She is not on meds for it currently, but what really helped her was therapy. She had unresolved issues tormenting her which manifested themselves in IBS and severe colitis. fucking horrible.

she is still susceptible to attacks, but luckily not as bad as it was two years or so ago. it was agony to see her in pain like that.
Old 07.01.2015, 09:40 AM   #39190
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
http://time.com/3938028/facebook-celebrate-gay-pride/

I guess I'm not doing this for the same reason I don't slap bumperstickers on my car or wear politcal pins. My brother is trying to talk all of us into doing this, insinuating a kind of "you're with us or against us" challenge. Meh.
Old 07.01.2015, 09:43 AM   #39191
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

the guy who shared the cure he found tried all the diets - fodmap, gluten, low carb etc. - but as your wife probably knows, the truth is that none of it works, it might work 70-80%for a while but it never completely cures it. stress agravates it and it is itself stressful so she should really try what im doing if its ibs-d.

if she does the cure im doing, she can eat whatever she wants - any kind of junk, like a normal person.

you take 30g of l-glutamine daily - its a cheap supplement that has no bad effects unless you go over 40g - it will rebuild the intestinal walls - its likely that the bodies of ibs-d people dont make enough of it. you can also take rifaxamin, an antibiotic, but its not 100% necessary altho it will speed up the cure

then probiotics - at least 10billion but ideally as many as possible

you do this daily and it can take up to 6 months to work, then best advice is to just keep doing it to be absolutely sure and avoid relapse. key thing to understand is that this treatment is not harmful in anyway and is not remotely risky. you can feel ill on it but thats literally the bad bacteria dying off which is a good thing and it passes fairly quickly

here is the thread - its 8 pages but worth reading. you will find links to serious medical research backing up the claims being made on one of the pages, and also corroboration on how l-glutamine really works all over the net.

i seriously recommend that she tries this - there is no possible downside to giving it a go and if its ibs-d it will cure the condition FOREVER.

the mental clarity and lack of anxiety i feel after a few days on this is unbelievable. my movements are down to 1-2 a day instead of at least 4. brain fog is gone.

seriously check this out
Old 07.01.2015, 09:45 AM   #39192
gmku
invito al cielo

Modern medical science is amazing.
Old 07.01.2015, 09:57 AM   #39193
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha.

but seriously-- the man works in advertising or something like that.

can't say i blame him.

people are the worst, but some people are worse than others.

Indeed. I work in a media agency. The clients are tough.

I am seriously considering going on a maternity leave from January - in our country we have this option, to go for a "maternity" leave for up to 6 months, when you have a small baby to take care of. The employer can't fire you.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2015, 10:12 AM   #39194
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Modern medical science is amazing.

it is. but ironically in the ibs-d case doctors have got it way wrong/

only one or two are prepared to endorse the cure im doing because the science to explain exactly why it works is just not there yet, its all hypothetical since we dont know enough about the gut microbiome yet. doctors are incredibly conservative because they dont want to lose their standing endorsing things that may turn out to have side effects or are not yet proved and backed by a consensus that would not single them out.

many doctors just dont believe us when we say how bad it is and they constantly suggest things that just dont work, or slightly work but then leave us exhausted and confused and clinging to false methods.

however the future is gonna be a lot better for this condition at least.
Old 07.01.2015, 10:45 AM   #39195
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
the guy who shared the cure he found tried all the diets - fodmap, gluten, low carb etc. - but as your wife probably knows, the truth is that none of it works, it might work 70-80%for a while but it never completely cures it. stress agravates it and it is itself stressful so she should really try what im doing if its ibs-d.

if she does the cure im doing, she can eat whatever she wants - any kind of junk, like a normal person.

you take 30g of l-glutamine daily - its a cheap supplement that has no bad effects unless you go over 40g - it will rebuild the intestinal walls - its likely that the bodies of ibs-d people dont make enough of it. you can also take rifaxamin, an antibiotic, but its not 100% necessary altho it will speed up the cure

then probiotics - at least 10billion but ideally as many as possible

you do this daily and it can take up to 6 months to work, then best advice is to just keep doing it to be absolutely sure and avoid relapse. key thing to understand is that this treatment is not harmful in anyway and is not remotely risky. you can feel ill on it but thats literally the bad bacteria dying off which is a good thing and it passes fairly quickly

here is the thread - its 8 pages but worth reading. you will find links to serious medical research backing up the claims being made on one of the pages, and also corroboration on how l-glutamine really works all over the net.

i seriously recommend that she tries this - there is no possible downside to giving it a go and if its ibs-d it will cure the condition FOREVER.

the mental clarity and lack of anxiety i feel after a few days on this is unbelievable. my movements are down to 1-2 a day instead of at least 4. brain fog is gone.

seriously check this out

thanks. will share
Old 07.01.2015, 11:14 AM   #39196
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
thanks. will share

and at this point i'll hammer this like a proselytizer (guess i've become one), but meditation helps with stress-- big time. it's not a magic cure-all but it helps mitigate any sort of autoimmune /inflammation conditions.

not hocus-pocus but hard science:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17034289

okay! leg. break.
Old 07.01.2015, 11:33 AM   #39197
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

meditation has also been shown to exacerbate psychotic episodes in people whose mental blocks are "freed" by the meditation. Nothing is all good! be careful!
Old 07.01.2015, 11:43 AM   #39198
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
meditation has also been shown to exacerbate psychotic episodes in people whose mental blocks are "freed" by the meditation. Nothing is all good! be careful!

true that can happen with people who daydream/fantasize/visualize instead of practicing being present in the here and now.

so a bit of good instruction is very important--not following quacks. and taking baby steps-- not spending 12 hours straight fasting & meditating. o_0

and mental illness requires therapy and medication! i swear by therapy-- best education i ever got.

but yes, even the best things can be bad when done poorly-- e.g. excessive excercise can lead to rhabdomyolysis (happens a lot to crossfit people). trying to eat well can potentially become orthorexia. cooking can lead to fires and driving to crashes.

anyway, good warning indeed, and here is a response piece to that research plus further warning/links:

http://edoshonin.com/2013/12/26/can-...otic-episodes/
Old 07.01.2015, 11:51 AM   #39199
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

was going to say what rob said

meditation can cause pyschosis that lasts for a decade or more

the hype behind it is because its new agey and eastern and thus exotic to westerners.

a lot of the hype is bs and wishful thinking.

the cynical part of me believes that buddhism is in some sense a centuries old scam as much as it is anything good - because its all about submitting to a guide who teaches you how to meditate right and your problems are solved/defined by this person.

real buddhists know that we are all already enlightened and just confused about this fact, and that there's very little to meditation and you dont need to believe the hype.

instead of this stuff, try THINKING
Old 07.01.2015, 12:00 PM   #39200
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
instead of this stuff, try THINKING

i think all day--a bit of daily meditation provides a well-needed break from the mental overheat, strain, fatigue & neurotic patterns. much better than alcohol.

all organs need a break!
1460186019101950195719581959 1960 196119621963197020102060 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth