Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth in Dublin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.07.2009, 08:07 AM   #181
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
thank for the set list green light
i actually didnt realize they played nearly every song from the eternal, and i really enjoyed glass rock's performance,there were pretty good!
Old 12.07.2009, 08:10 AM   #182
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbox
I am an Australian, and I find your need to identify the nationality of your neighbours slightly racist and/or patronising Semperet. Particularly considering that after nine years regularly attending gigs here in Dublin I still can't get over the astounding lack of respect Dublin crowds pay to performers by talking at full volume to each other throughout gigs - and as for the background noise you usually get when support bands are playing - it's absolutely disgraceful.

Glass Rock were very good last night by the way

very annoying isn't it?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 08:12 AM   #183
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
RE: My Nazi alter ego and the asshole Aussies.
Was kind of hoping they'd recognise themselves, or that the others around me equally pissed off at the inane hooting and whistling would know which set of assholes to which I was referring. And don't call me racist--I didn't say they were assholes because they were Aussies, I said they were asshole Aussies because it's a fairly efficient way to describe them. I wouldn't dream of calling you racist because you choose to tar all Dublin audiences with the same brush (it is a pretty universal experience you describe), but I will say that throwing the epithet around like this tends to devalue things slightly. It sounds like I would have loved to have stood beside you; if you appreciate the music then that's fine by me.
I don't discriminate according to race, but assholes are assholes. These were Aussie assholes. And if I was patronising I would have slagged the bloke in front of me who played air guitar all through, but at least he was quiet. And white (just kidding).
In short--not all Aussies are assholes; these ones were. I haven't met a huge number so a representative sample would be out of the question in any case.
Not all assholes are Aussies and we Paddys do a more than efficient line in assholity.
And I'm not a racist. God knows I've given out to more Irish people at gigs than Antipodeans. Don't call me one.
Patronising? Probably.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 08:51 AM   #184
Blue Eagle
empty page

Blue Eagle has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Fantastic gig... spent best part of two solid hours standing transfixed in front of Thurston... a kind of religious aparicion for a Sunday night. It was only the second time I've seen SY - the other time was at Pukkelpop a couple of years ago when they did the Daydream Nation thing. On both occasions the crowd seemed quiet - however I think there was a huge element of SY aficionados present last night who tend to take it in a kind of mesmerised trance rather than expressing it via the art of moshing. Dublin crowds are usually very much up for it - although there were a LOT of non-irish people there last night. Going nuts on a Sunday evening is tough when you are trying not to lose your job the next day... as a lot of us are at the moment

Interesting perspective on the crowd and well put. It was only my second SY gig so can only compare it to the show in London the other month, which seemed to have a slightly older crowd, who were quite prepared to sing along and mosh to the likes of DV69 & 'Cross the breeze. It was just a bit different last night, however I would definitely return to Dublin if SY come back next year.
Blue Eagle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 08:55 AM   #185
Blue Eagle
empty page

Blue Eagle has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Glass Rock were very good last night by the way

Once she got over her nerves, i thought Glass Rock were pretty good as well.

WTF was that first band about though??!!!!
Blue Eagle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 09:58 AM   #186
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhIG4KBD0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZnwU...eature=channel

great vid.!

Old 12.07.2009, 10:46 AM   #187
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
Good gig, just wish I'd listened to the new album a lot more before, had it on since though and I'm enjoying way more. Was parked right in front of Thurston all night, got a few decent shots

!
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 10:50 AM   #188
greenlight
invito al cielo

nice pics! cheers!

Old 12.07.2009, 12:18 PM   #189
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Well there was plenty of people there who don't really know them that well but they know what bands to like in general. the Hipster contingent was quite high. I was the only one in my immediate vicinity singing along with Eternal songs
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 01:00 PM   #190
Mako
little trouble girl

Mako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's asses
Fantastic rocking gig. That was pure rock n roll. loved it. Thanks Sonic Youth. I thought Antenna was the highlight and the sound was good. I had said during the day that I hoped they played it. Seemed to be a good few people who did not know th tunes but its a free world hey! Loved it, yeah they played nearly the entire new album, which rocks so all good. Cant wait for the next time. peace
Mako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 03:16 PM   #191
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure the band prefers the challenge of playing in front of a crowd that doesn't know them that well. How else are they going to expand their fanbase?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 04:04 PM   #192
chris2159
little trouble girl

chris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asses
Really enjoyed the evening. Sonic Youth sounded as good as ever, the eternal songs sounded really powerful live and all the band were on fantastic form. Blood Stereo were not my thing but loved Glass Rock. Thanks to those above who have posted pictures, you tube links and set list.
chris2159 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 11:30 PM   #193
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
slightly off the point but Pavement gig in tripod is already sold out. this sucks.
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 02:32 AM   #194
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
what a great night! pretty much straight forward rock set. no T's freak outs, or prolonged noise parts, which was fine with me. ATP set made up for it. great sound last night. yeah, could be bit more louder but, hahaha. Sonic Sphere, fair play to you! btw. I'd really love that tape (copy would be nice, I'm going to pm you later). nice seeing you all! Pauly don't forget send me that address. pity i have not met Sergi...

one thing that ruined gig for me was someone farting somewhere. so disguisting. I don't know what he or she eat, but man! once or twice I survive, but....fucking hell. who ever you are I hate you!

so last sy gig this year. pity. which one will be next? i hope they'll be back in europe in the summer. or maybe i finally get to see them in their hometown? that would be so, so, great! and yeah, from what I've seen this year, talking about sy audience, spanish are definnitelly winners.

ooooh, where were you? i was in first row, in front of lee with my girlfriend... i was absolutelly disconnected these days in Dublin from the net, i'm sorry... the show really rocked (DV69, Massage the History, Cross the Breeze, TV, What we know, Stereo Sanctity & No way were my highlights), people too quiet but well, it doesn't matter , a perfect gig for enjoying the end of the tour

a copy of the show would really nice!!!

if sensational fix goes to Madrid, we can meet there, YES OR YES
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 03:17 AM   #195
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
shadow of a doubt

wow

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 05:10 AM   #196
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergisonic

if sensational fix goes to Madrid, we can meet there, YES OR YES

yes, yes! good point actually! I need to see sensational fix! so some weekend in Madrid then!!!

Old 12.08.2009, 06:49 AM   #197
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
an awesome show! didn't get up the front but had a good view nonetheless. the eternal songs were great live. the highlight for me was tom violence as i wasn't expecting to hear it! had the pleasure of meeting greenlight and his flat-mate and paulybee and his wife too which was cool- greenlight i may have 4 or 5 bootlegs on cassette that might interest you! overall a great night and my gig of the year

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 07:22 AM   #198
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
theres loads more vids on youtube now :

What We Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc1-YX06JXw

The Sprawl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heQ5eMxd97U

No Way and Sacred Trickster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN5c9694Zxo

if anyone has shadow of a doubt, please put the video up, thats the main song i want to see again.
Old 12.08.2009, 10:01 AM   #199
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic sphere
greenlight i may have 4 or 5 bootlegs on cassette that might interest you! overall a great night and my gig of the year

definitely!

Old 12.08.2009, 11:55 AM   #200
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
yep...great night.... the encores were worth the ticket price alone.. great to catch up with folk that i havent seen in ages.... fucking jammers in the venue tho..oversold???? possibly7...

also why the fuck do i have to be the one at sy gigs with some guy bellowing in my ear throughout the whole show "play bull in the heather,........" dragging his knuckles on the ground... cmon please stop! and i have to agree with semperet with his point entirely.....

the crowd were totally dead and that i believe led to a fairly lacklustre middle part of the set.... as for the racist remark.... you can have an arsehole in any nationality..thats not racist thats just being aan arsehole! finding a racist conontation out of that speaks more for the accuser thaqn the accusee.... anyhoo..... i found a lot of the crownd were more interested in watching the crowd than sy..thats dublin for you and the cooler than thou gig going people..... those who gave a shit about the gig loved it...me included!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth