Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2009, 08:42 PM   #8701
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/user/Memorand.../2/WEUcK9DCO2w

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 08:43 PM   #8702
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
fuck yeah i'm there

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 08:49 PM   #8703
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
wow this movie is fucking crazy! yes!!!!

Old 11.25.2009, 08:50 PM   #8704
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
haha, thought it'd be up yr alley

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 09:11 PM   #8705
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I like both Herzog, and Cameron. The thing is though, Cameron hasn't made anything worth watching since T2, while Herzog appears to still be at the top of his game.

The two couldn't possibly be more different in style, and it's quite provocative that they are being pitted against each other. Herzog's greatest strength is the realism that he brings to his films, even when capturing the most extraordinary events; and Cameron's Avatar looks like a goddamn video game.

EDIT: Yeah, I know I'm late...as usual.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 09:45 PM   #8706
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to davenotdead again.

good pick on the movie and thanks for sharing.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 05:34 AM   #8707
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

mind game - 8/10

Old 11.26.2009, 08:22 AM   #8708
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
keeping it simple has to be a troll...no way can someone think fleet foxes is the best band of the decade and herzog a "contrived" filmmaker among every other terrible opinion/assertion he's aired...i think its safe to ignore this person from now on

So when you slag off James Cameron and Fleet Foxes you're not being a troll? Way to go with the brazen hypocrisy.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 08:31 AM   #8709
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses

hollywoodland

narf. it didnt catch the noir atmosphre I was looking for
6/10

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 08:34 AM   #8710
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you're crazy projectin', i don't give a shit. matter of fact i like rob lots though we often disagree on a lot of things, atsonicpark same thing (he likes fata morgana, i fall asleep to it, he also likes gory shit i dislike).

you're the one bringing on the twattery by making ad-hominems against people who disagree with you instead of arguing your point. but if you must know, no, my ego doesn't get bruised when people disagree with me-- it grows even more fabulous in the realization of its rarity and exquisiteness--- haa ha ha haa. (that was a joke-- just in case you didn't get it).

but seriously, why are you so in need of other people's agreement? the fun of discussion is to see other people's points of view and making yours. don't get butthurt just cuz i hate your idol's work. you should thank me for showing you a perception of the universe that's never occurred to you-- that james cameron is indeed a hammy fuck with a lot of money.

i gotta go do some food shopping so i'll reply later if you retort here.

Are you and the other Herzog fanboys normally this volatile, throwing apoplectic fits whenever someone has the "temerity" to criticise the man you laughably deify?
Old 11.26.2009, 08:36 AM   #8711
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbray2.0

hollywoodland

narf. it didnt catch the noir atmosphre I was looking for
6/10

Maybe Herzog should've directed it, eh?
Old 11.26.2009, 09:53 AM   #8712
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Are you and the other Herzog fanboys normally this volatile, throwing apoplectic fits whenever someone has the "temerity" to criticise the man you laughably deify?
well the thing is you didnt really critisize, you said that you never saw any of his films but based on some quote you know that you will not like it. thts not really critisizing, is it?

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 09:57 AM   #8713
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%
i have THE HOUR OF THE WOLF ready to be watched. needs a good time slot cuz it starts very slow and i could snooze. max von sydow and liv ullman with here strange eyebrows (actually both of them have strange eyebrows).

FANNY AND ALEXANDER rules fucking supreme. the loooong version. it's like, time flies when you're watching it. also, WINTER LIGHT has some amazing cinematographer by sven nykvist and it's actually a pretty cool story.

there's a collection out there of his early stuff and he was great from day 1.
check out TORMENT. he didn't direct though he wrote the screenplay and was AD and it's pretty good considering the primitive look & sound.
this is also to ASP
i love bergman. i have seen six of his films

seventh seal, persona, virgin spring, wild strawberries
the magician
and
silence.
all are amazing but that is kind of the order of my favorites, the first row being a tie.
i was going to take out cries and whispers for the weekend, but im taking onibaba and tout va bien instead.
i really doubt tha i will have the time to see scenes from a marriage and fanny & alexander in the near future. but i definitely need to see more bergman...

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 12:14 PM   #8714
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses

7.5/10

5.5/10

8/10

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 12:33 PM   #8715
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Maybe Herzog should've directed it, eh?

love herzogs work.
another suggestion: polanski
hahaha, after chinatown it must have been ace!

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 12:50 PM   #8716
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
mind game - 8/10

all I gotta say is wtf?

what happened and what didn't happen.

otherwse....entertaining!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 01:25 PM   #8717
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i really doubt tha i will have the time to see scenes from a marriage and fanny & alexander in the near future. but i definitely need to see more bergman...

Related to this, yeah, Bergman rules, but I've only had the chance to watch 2 or 3 of his "classics". My university library however has a good chunk of them in stock, including the full 5 hour versions of both Fanny and Scenes, and seeing as I actually have a lot of free time right now, I was planning to put aside the time to watch the full version of at least one of them. My question is, which? (Note that Scenes has the benefit of being the Criterion edition, while Fanny is only the reportedly kind of rough Artificial Eye version, although seeing as I'll be watching them on my tiny TV in my uni bedroom, I guess it doesn't really matter too much about audio/video quality...)
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 02:57 PM   #8718
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
well the thing is you didnt really critisize, you said that you never saw any of his films but based on some quote you know that you will not like it. thts not really critisizing, is it?

Herzog and other directors of his ilk don't appeal to me. I just intuitively know I won't enjoy watching their movies as much as a narrow circle of pseud cineastes.

It's interesting to read about "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans", especially Abel Ferrara's angry reaction to it. He's quoted as saying "As far as remakes go, … I wish these people die in Hell. I hope they're all in the same streetcar, and it blows up."
Old 11.26.2009, 04:10 PM   #8719
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
And Nicolas Cage in a crazy performance.

Yeah! One of the main reasons I'm anticipating this so much (Herzog aside) is that I hope it's a return to Cage as an actor I love, as opposed to a sign that you should probably read the reviews very carefully before you watch a movie. To quote Ebert in his review of Bad Lieutenant (which has made me even more psyched for it): "He's a fearless actor. He doesn't care if you think he goes over the top. If a film calls for it, he will crawl to the top hand over hand with bleeding fingernails." And therein' lie the genius of his great performances, like in, say, Raising Arizona.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2009, 03:51 AM   #8720
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

T1

T2
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
386426433434435 436 437438439446486536936 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth