Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café IV
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2015, 05:30 PM   #901
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
BasedGod not fucking around, his NBA curses are legit, Cavs ain't taking no risks.. if anything i think they were capping on James Harden

I've completely stopped paying attention to Lil B, so please clarify. What do you mean his "NBA curses are legit" ... Cavs ain't takin no risks?

Is he good at basketball or nah? Is he playing for the Cavaliers or nah? What does "capping" mean?

I also don't pay much attention to basketball, if you can't already tell.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2015, 05:45 PM   #902
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
so it just got revealed that Ghostface was supposed to do a verse on Jay's "Heaven" on MCHG but he turned in the verse to late so it didn't make the album. That sucksssssssssssss. That beat sounds like some classic 90's Wu-Tang. Would've been dope to hear Jay and Ghost on that same beat together. Ugh.

Ahhhhhh man that sucks! What a great addition a GFK verse would have to that incredible track.
---

Has anyone heard Kendrick's verse for "All Day"? I heard something about this a while back, but I don't know if his verse was dropped, or if it'll turn up on the final version, or what...

---

I forgot about Blade of the Ronin. That album has definitely grown on me.
Old 05.28.2015, 08:15 PM   #903
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
NR, you'd better listen to Barter 6. Don't misunderstand me here... I'm not saying "this album sucks, don't you dare bother listening to it!"

I'm saying, "this album sucks, am I right?"

I respect my own opinion immensely, but at the same time I need to hear from you and louder about this stuff. I've misjudged albums before. Remember when I didn't like any pre-DTF Kanye? Ha!!

ok so I finally listened to Barter 6.

Holy heck is that a terrible album. Just wow. I mean some of the beats were good, but what the fuck was he doing? I couldn't understand 75% of his words. Were they even words? It sounded like a schizophrenic ramble most of the time. Not really words... no real flow... vocals changing pitch and cadence and volume for no real reason. I just don't know what to make of it or why it's gotten any praise. I feel like if it wasn't some buzz-worthy name on the cover, and wasn't a title taking a popshot at Weezy then nobody would have given this thing a second thought.
Old 05.28.2015, 09:26 PM   #904
Severian
invito al cielo

Exactly. I gave it subsequent chances just to make sure I wasn't speaking out of turn, but I wasn't. Young Thug's debut is one of the worst in recent memory.

Real talk, I think the guy's a hack. Who would listen to such one dimensional, borderline-retarded hip hop when artists like Rocky and Kendrick are out there dropping masterpieces of the genre.

I am incredibly fucking disappointed with this entire disastrous piece of shit album, and I can't imagine how he's gonna win me back.

I mean this shit is truly awful.
Old 05.29.2015, 05:16 AM   #905
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
so let's talk about SURF.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2015, 07:02 AM   #906
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
is there anything to talk about yet? I mean, I think some songs leaked right? But I haven't heard them as I usually like to wait for a full album.

I don't know, I'm worried Chance let some momentum slip. I hope I'm wrong. But y'know, Acid Rap should have been a retail album... and now we're waiting all this time for him to put out a debut and it won't even be a proper solo album right? Like... Social Experiment is diff sound than his usual?

Hopefully I'm over-thinking and worried for nothing. Acid Rap was so f'ing good.

EDIT: Wait, what? SURF is out?? Ok, will listen soon haha!!!

y'all see P'fork's review of ALLA? I mean 7.8 is good, and they say lots of good things....... but they gave higher scores and "Best New Music" tag to TPAB and BARTER 6 (!!!). How does this not get BNM?

Not that I put much weight into their opinion. But, man.
Old 05.29.2015, 11:14 AM   #907
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Surf is alright. maybe it'll take more listens to grow on me.. there are some good songs, but Chance only appears on like 6 songs out of 16, and there are a lot of random guest features.

"Sunday Candy" is still one of his best songs though. if that's an indication then he's definitely capable of making another project on Acid Rap's level.
Old 05.29.2015, 11:24 AM   #908
louder
invito al cielo

Wayne is gonna wash Thug with his his next project. he sounds inspired again, his verse on M'$ is insane.
Old 05.29.2015, 12:42 PM   #909
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I've completely stopped paying attention to Lil B, so please clarify. What do you mean his "NBA curses are legit" ... Cavs ain't takin no risks?

Is he good at basketball or nah? Is he playing for the Cavaliers or nah? What does "capping" mean?

I also don't pay much attention to basketball, if you can't already tell.
A few years ago MVP Kevin Durant randomly dissed Lil B on twitter, it wasn't really a big deal, until Lil B responsed by saying KD would never win a championship because of it. That year KD team lost in the NBA finals and he got injured this year. Sport media dubbed it the Lil B curse. Lil B even did a diss track..

James Harden be doing a "cooking" gesture celebrating made shots this season, lil b called him out cuz the cooking dance is his own since 2010.. lil b tweeted a warning, Harden totally ignores it, then when on to lose in the Conference Finals in embarrassing fashion this year

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2015, 12:50 PM   #910
louder
invito al cielo

that Kevin Durant diss was some funny shit. Lil B should be a cultural icon.

he also had one of the best songs of 2014, hands down: https://youtube.com/watch?v=83p69JhDnwU
Old 05.29.2015, 12:55 PM   #911
louder
invito al cielo

i need Danny Brown's next album so badly.

XXX is a true masterpiece, one of the best rap albums of the decade. Old is cool too. he said that his next one is influenced by System of a Down's Toxicity.. apparently he's a huge fan. i'm wondering if he meant the sound or just the content, or maybe both? i can't wait to hear it.
Old 05.29.2015, 01:01 PM   #912
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Yeah i love xxx
Old 05.29.2015, 01:02 PM   #913
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder

he also had one of the best songs of 2014, hands down: https://youtube.com/watch?v=83p69JhDnwU
He is becoming one with all the hype how his name keeps getting attached to the most popular players in the NBA..

He even called out Lebron this weekend.. weirdly when Cavs player Iman Shumpert responded Lil B said "cool Go Cavs" preventing yet another NBA star to be cursed. Why is this actually huge deal? CAVS are playing the Warriors (Bay Area team) and Lil B has always been a very vocal Dubs fan.. so really he should have went out and curses Cleveland (hey God already hates Cleveland anyway) but now he risking looking foolish if his team loses to Cavs in upcoming NBA Finals

Old 05.29.2015, 01:10 PM   #914
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder

He is becoming one with all the hype how his name keeps getting attached to the most popular players in the NBA..

He even called out Lebron this weekend.. weirdly when Cavs player Iman Shumpert responded Lil B said "cool Go Cavs" preventing yet another NBA star to be cursed. Why is this actually huge deal? CAVS are playing the Warriors (Bay Area team) and Lil B has always been a very vocal Dubs fan.. so really he should have went out and curses Cleveland (hey God already hates Cleveland anyway) but now he risking looking foolish if his team loses to Cavs in upcoming NBA Finals

Old 05.29.2015, 08:10 PM   #915
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Yeah i love xxx

I really love Hot Soup.

I was just thinking the other day about how "OG" Danny Brown fans really dislike Old, but the world couldn't get enough of it.

Wait, is Danny dropping a new album this year? I forgot.
Old 05.29.2015, 08:57 PM   #916
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I liked Old, but XXX kills it.
Old 05.30.2015, 12:50 AM   #917
Severian
invito al cielo

I think my favorite DB release is Black & Brown, his collab with Black Milk producing. That shit is incredible.
Old 05.30.2015, 10:07 AM   #918
noisereductions
invito al cielo

HHDX's review of ALLA calls it his best album yet:

http://hiphopdx.com/reviews/id.2473/...-long-last-aap
Old 05.31.2015, 12:14 PM   #919
louder
invito al cielo

ok "Wanna Be Cool" from Surf is amazing!! it reminds me of The Descendents, easily my fav song on the tape. listen to it.
Old 05.31.2015, 02:12 PM   #920
Severian
invito al cielo

Listening to XXX right now. Admittedly, it does kill it. But so does Hot Soup. I haven't put as much time into The Hybrid, as I don't own a physical copy of it, but I'm pretty sure it's dope as well.

Funny that Danny was being vetted for G-Unit at one point. I can't say it's a match I'd have come up with. But you never know.

You know that scene The Dark Knight where the token black gangster orders his thugs to bring him the joker's body, and then some thugs come in with a body bag, and when the "boss" opens it up, Jokers jumps up and the thugs who brought him in pull out AK's and point them at everyone while the Joker puts a knife to boss-boy's cheek and drops him like a a rag doll?

I can't help but think of that scene when I hear about 50 Cent dissing Danny Brown. G-Unit had their time, but Danny Brown is like the fucking joker; infinitely more talented and versatile than Don Fitty. I can't imagine he'd stage a coup and rip 50's face apart, but you get the idea.
434445 46 47484956 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth