Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Metallica
Fuck yes! 9 31.03%
Fuck no! 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12.16.2006, 04:07 PM   #41
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I have never liked Metallica. My brother listens to them all the time and it drives me insane.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 04:14 PM   #42
blastscenealibi
bad moon rising

blastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's asses
I'd vote a "Yes" but not a "Fuck Yes!". My passion for them has faded over the years. Kind of like how their passion has faded, also.
blastscenealibi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 04:17 PM   #43
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
One of the funnest things for me listening to Metallica is trying to hear the bass, which is almost alway inaudible on the early stuff. I'm convinced that ...And Justice has none. Some of Cliff's parts you can actually hear are cool.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 04:30 PM   #44
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
I hate metallica. I think I only liked one song by them and that was because my best friend at the time brain washed me.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 06:52 PM   #45
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
theyre listenable and cool, but not fuck yes or fuck no, id say ok.

they were good in their early days, when the guy from megadeath got kicked out and the other guitarist came in. kirk hemmet, isnt it?

nowdays they look like shit and they sold out just a little.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 09:59 PM   #46
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i like some of their stuff and hate a lot of it and i think they are total dicks, especially the drummer who was one of the people desperate to shutdown downloads via the internet.
This brings back the old adagio of:'Does the opinion that you have of people in bands influence the way you listen to their music?'

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 06:38 AM   #47
Thomas Moronic
bad moon rising

Thomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's asses
They're not for me. I want to see the documentary though; I've been told it's the funniest thing ever.

Thomas Moronic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 08:17 AM   #48
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
its ok but its really not that funny. just more pathetic and annoying.
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 08:22 AM   #49
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Metallica are good. No big deal... but good.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 08:31 AM   #50
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
This brings back the old adagio of:'Does the opinion that you have of people in bands influence the way you listen to their music?'

I've been put off a few bands by meeting them. I suspect Mark E Smith to be an utter cunt in person, but I think if you're not a cunt you don't make good music. I've met a few high-profile indie bands (top ten types) and they've been entirely wonderful people, but it doesn't stop me thinking their music's utter arse. Verdict: inconclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 08:36 AM   #51
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
The conclusion that i drew is that,nowadays,YOU MUST BE an utter cunt to make good music because the whole 'nice to your fellow musician' or 'drinking buddy,therefore critique goes out of the window' culture has bumped so many shit bands to the top.This is a battle,remember.The more you're a cynical,big bastard,the higher your chances to give your music enough life to endure.

Old 12.17.2006, 08:45 AM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I was thinking of hiring a socialite for my band, and then jettisoning him when he's no longer needed. We're all great musicians, but shit socialites. The other option (better) is to get a woman involved. Any woman. Men are all stupid (well, except for the gays, but they only listen to rubbish disco).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 08:49 AM   #53
porkmarras
invito al cielo

This brings us to the theory(let me check if i find the memo,it's here somewhere) that says that having a mean spirited manager(women with balls are incredibly overpowering in this respect)gets you a long way in this sorry business.I,myself,would hire Sharon Osbourne and be done with it.Imagine what she could do for Fursaxa,if only she was in charge.

Old 12.17.2006, 07:55 PM   #54
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The conclusion that i drew is that,nowadays,YOU MUST BE an utter cunt to make good music because the whole 'nice to your fellow musician' or 'drinking buddy,therefore critique goes out of the window' culture has bumped so many shit bands to the top.This is a battle,remember.The more you're a cynical,big bastard,the higher your chances to give your music enough life to endure.

This has more to do with the music industry and the general music scene in each town being a cesspool. It's better to stick to yourself, not lgive much of yourself personally, and do what you want. It's much more rewarding in the long run.
Old 12.17.2006, 07:58 PM   #55
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Hmm. Ever hear of a band called "Sonic Youth"? They're this really good band with a rather large fanbase who actually treat each other, their crew, their fans, and the other bands they play with exceptionally well. Not only with respect, but outright unhip kindness and encouragement. Probably not your type of group though...
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 08:08 PM   #56
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Moronic
They're not for me. I want to see the documentary though; I've been told it's the funniest thing ever.

Yes, if you are in need of a good laugh, check out Some Kind of Monster

you see such moments as whinning to their overpaid therapist

or this witty exchange between Lars and his father in the studio

*plays track*

Lars: so what you think

Lar's Father: it wasn't really that good

Lars: we were think of opening the album (st. anger) with it

Some Kind of Monster

given the Kerry King "if i turn into to a whinny pussy like that please fucking kill me" seal of Metal Gone Wrong
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 08:57 PM   #57
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
YOU LIVE IT OR LIE IT

Terrible lyrics. I was listening to SY, Jawbox, and Burning Airlines mainly in high school and all these guffoons kept trying to convince me to listen to Pink Floyd and Metallica. Metallica's shit and I don't like Pink Floyd. It makes me think of "Duudee... lets listen to the dark side of the moon and smoke a fatass blunt", and those shits are annoying.
Old 12.17.2006, 09:10 PM   #58
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
YOU LIVE IT OR LIE IT

Terrible lyrics. I was listening to SY, Jawbox, and Burning Airlines mainly in high school and all these guffoons kept trying to convince me to listen to Pink Floyd and Metallica. Metallica's shit and I don't like Pink Floyd. It makes me think of "Duudee... lets listen to the dark side of the moon and smoke a fatass blunt", and those shits are annoying.

I always thought these lyrics were pretty damn good, especially given the audience they were reaching:

Bodies fill the fields I see, hungry heroes end
No one to play soldier now, no one to pretend
Running blind through killing fields, bred to kill them all
Victim of what said should be
A servant `til I fall

[Chorus:]
Soldier boy, made of clay
Now an empty shell
Twenty one, only son
but he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care
Do just as we say
Finished here, Greeting Death
He's yours to take away

Back to the front
You will do what I say, when I say
Back to the front
You will die when I say, you must die
Back to the front
You coward
You servant
You blindman
[End Chorus]

Barking of machinegun fire, does nothing to me now
Sounding of the clock that ticks, get used to it somehow
More a man, more stripes you wear, glory seeker trends
Bodies fill the fields I see
The slaughter never ends

[Chorus]

{Why, Am I dying?
Kill, have no fear
Lie, live off lying
Hell, Hell is here} x2

I was born for dying

Life planned out before my birth, nothing could I say
had no chance to see myself, molded day by day
Looking back I realize, nothing have I done
left to die with only friend
Alone I clench my gun

These were pretty damn good too:

Do you see what I see?
Truth is an offence
You silence for your confidence

Do you hear what I hear?
Doors are slamming shut
Limit your imagination, keep you where they must

Do you feel what I feel?
Bittering distress
Who decides what you express

Do you take what I take?
Endurance is the word
Moving back instead of forward seems to me absurd

Doesnt matter what you see?
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If its done just how I say

Independence limited
Freedom of choice
Choice is mad for you my friend
Freedom of speech
Speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception

Do you fear what I fear?
Living properly
Truths to you are lies to me

Do you choose what I choose?
More alternives
Energy derives from both the plus and negative

Do you need what I need?
Boundaries overthrown
Look inside to each his own

Do you trust what I trust?
Me, myself and i
Penetrate the smoke screen I see through the selfishlie

Doesnt matter what you see
Or into it what you read

Independence limited
Freedom of choice
Freedom of speech

Do you know what I know?
Your money end your wealth
Your silence just to hear your self

Do you want what I want?
Desire not a thing
I hunger after independence lengthen freedoms ring

Or into it what you read

Independence limited
Freedom of choice
Freedom of speech

Or into it what you read
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 10:19 PM   #59
stenson
bad moon rising

stenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's assesstenson kicks all y'all's asses
Hell naw!!!! If Metallica was a metal doornob, it would be fucking weak. It'd be like tinfoil. And Excepter or Lightning Bolt would be titanium to them. And they'd crumble. They'd even turn fucking colors in a fireplace.
"So you're a fan of the Texan bald man?" - Emmah(rep)
stenson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth