Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.22.2016, 08:14 PM   #881
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
I don't need a knife. the steak is just tender enough for a fork only.

yum yum!!
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2016, 08:26 PM   #882
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2016, 09:02 AM   #883
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
this is from a GQ article http://www.gq.com/story/a-word-for-donald-trump-voters by DREW MAGARY:

"...gimme the dictator with dryer lint hair.”) Nothing that Trump says, no damning piece of Trump reportage, and certainly no opinion piece like this one will stop his voters from pulling the lever. Nor will anything stop Trump from being the officious, braindead goon that he is. He will never answer for his crimes, and there’s a frighteningly large portion of the electorate that will always love him for that.
And so I’d just like to say to that portion of the electorate: Fuck you. No, seriously. Go fuck yourselves. I’m not gonna waste any more time trying to convince you that you’re about to do something you’ll regret forever. I’m not gonna show you old clips of Trump saying rotten things. I’m not gonna try to ANNIHILATE Trump by showing you records of his hypocrisy and greed. I’m not gonna link to a John Oliver clip and be like, “THIS. So much this.” Nothing’s gonna take down Trump at this point, so I’m not gonna bother. No no, this post is for ME. I am preaching to the sad little choir in my soul here.
Because while Trump is a miserable bastard, YOU are the people who have handed him the bullhorn. YOU are the people willing to embarrass this nation and put it on the brink of economic ruin all because you wanna throw an electoral hissy fit. YOU are the people who want to revolutionize the way America does business by voting for its worst businessman, a disgusting neon pig who only makes money when he causes problems for other people instead of solving them. YOU are the thin-skinned yokels who clutch your bandoliers whenever someone hurls the mildest of slurs at you (“deplorables”), while cheering Trump on as he leaves a bonfire of truly hateful invective everywhere he goes. YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because DURRRR HILLARY IS BAD TOO DURRRR.
You know what? No, she’s not. She’s fine. I lived through one Clinton, and I can live through another. My reasons for hating Trump are better than your reasons for hating Hillary. Show me all the arguments against her you like. You guys don’t give a shit about facts and research when it comes to Trump, so I’m not gonna give a shit about whatever clumsy meme you cook up to explain why she did Benghazi. Nope. Sorry. Fuck your arguments, and fuck you. Trump has shown no respect for anyone, so I don’t see why you deserve any either. Whatever mildly frustrating centrist liberal bureaucracy that Hillary presides over will be fine compared to the spray tan mushroom cloud that would arise all because YOU thought Trump was such a brave, un-PC dickhead to everyone within shouting distance.
Trump is human waste. He is the worst of America stuffed into a nacho cheese casing, and he is emblematic of the kind of arrogant, flag-waving, trashy, racist moron that the rest of us have to DRAG kicking and screaming into the 21st century: Cliven Bundy, Sean Hannity, Kim Davis, and on and on and on. Trump voters are the people who have spent the past decade or so voting insipid obstructionists into office, sending death threats to anyone who even mentions the idea of gun control, demanding 100% tax cuts on millions of dollars they can only daydream about making, and getting suckered in by any Oil Party candidate waving a NO GAYS flag. Fuck them. These are needy hillbilly loons who are just as starved for attention as Trump himself. And voting for Trump is their way of emulating him, of saying FUCK YOU to everyone else as a mission statement, with no regard for the fallout.
The old saw is that people get the politicians they deserve, and I’ll be crestfallen if Trump wins and proves this to be true once more. If you vote for him, you’re not making America great again. You are killing it. You are telling the world that America isn’t worth it. You are telling the world that all of our big talk about freedom and unity and ideals is just a load of shit, and that you would prefer a smoldering dystopia where freedom is just a flimsy cover for evildoing, led by a man who believes that strength is measured only in killing people. You are handing the most important job on Earth to Napoleon from Animal Farm. And you are revealing your breathtaking ignorance to everyone except for yourself. I can’t believe you can’t see this. I want you to see this. I wanna shine a big fucking light in your face and scream at you that Trump isn’t even qualified to be human, much less President. How are you gonna change the system if you elect some corrupt idiot who has no clue how to DO IT, huh? Can’t you see this? Haven’t you heard this asshole talk? THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
But I already know that’s a futile effort. So fuck you, and fuck the GOP leaders who are too chickenshit to stand up to you. I’m not gonna wish deportation or imprisonment or some kind of fantastical hyperbolic death upon you. I’m not gonna ask for a wall to be built on the Mason-Dixon line. No no, I think you people deserve the EXACT same fate as Trump himself, and that is to lose, badly. That’s what should happen to you. You and your hamburger puppet leader deserve to live the rest of your days arm-in-arm in disgrace, branded as losers for eternity. Because that’s what you are.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2016, 03:52 PM   #884
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ilduclo again.

Old 09.23.2016, 03:54 PM   #885
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
this is from a GQ article http://www.gq.com/story/a-word-for-donald-trump-voters by DREW MAGARY:

" Can’t you see this? Haven’t you heard this asshole talk? THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

THIS is why I frankly can't understand for the life of me why any otherwise intelligent person feels even remotely threatened by Trump's imaginary candidacy and campaign. I will repeat it again, Trump ain't finna win shit!

Old 09.23.2016, 03:56 PM   #886
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
THIS is why I frankly can't understand for the life of me why any otherwise intelligent person feels even remotely threatened by Trump's imaginary candidacy and campaign. I will repeat it again, Trump ain't finna win shit!

I've been meaning to contribute to this conversation since last weekend, but the torrents, man... Too many torrents, too little time! (I may have a "problem", I know). I'll try to post here later today.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2016, 04:01 PM   #887
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I've been meaning to contribute to this conversation since last weekend, but the torrents, man... Too many torrents, too little time! (I may have a "problem", I know). I'll try to post here later today.
we appreciate your obsession with torrents, it allows many of us access to obscure or new musics

Old 09.23.2016, 04:46 PM   #888
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
do y'all really understand just what the contemporary state of the white mind is? because let me tell you i've seen it and it's ugly. the white geronotocracy has been living in a gluttonous orgy of consumerism and psychotic narcissism and it just cannot understand why it can't murder the rest of the world into it's image and why it got so old, is now so poor, and sees so many foreign people on the streets. it doesnt understand what is going on with all these wars it keeps starting and losing and all this technology which is obsolsecing it. it is very scared and very angry and it is developing a new cruel psychology based on sneering and economic and social self sabotage. the far right is taking over in europe and maybe the US. i meet these people everyday and let me tell you, the majority of women and minorities and non racists are completely UNDERESTIMATING the sheer maliciousness of the white mind. it was never this bad before.

white people know they are declining demographically and they won't face the shame of having eaten their childrens nest eggs. they know that isis is offering young 3rd worlders a life in a marauding rape gang while they are offering their young life as a prostituting junkie living in tents or cupboards working precarious service sector shit to fund the pensions of retirees. they know the game isn't going to hold and they are in love with the sick joy of tearing it all down to inflict suffering on others.

there has never been a stronger surge of anti liberalism among white people than 2016.

white people built a system so complex it is now beyond their control and the feelings of dominance and omnipotence that the heterosexual libidinal economy exists to foster are slipping away from them.

the reason for this far right surge is that the liberal white left cannot really offer anything other than anti racism which is not enough to defeat isis, and it can't confront them face on and wants to flagellate itself to get rid of the problem. the robots are doing all the killing but the technosphere is relying on decaying white brains to run it and many of these stupid brains would destroy it if they could.

white people are exactly angry and stupid enough to vote trump, they voted brexit, the british would vote to round up immigrants and confiscate their property if they could.

my point is that you shouldn't underestimate the viciousness and suicidal ideation of white people because the cognitive dissonance is becoming too much for them to bear.

putin is their hero and its obvious trump and his goons want to imitate him - by murdering their enemies. this is what they say on their boards and amongst themselves. they are planning on murdering liberals - that's not even censored that's publically stated over and over again on their boards and blogs. they want everything to collapse so they can murder people. they cant win capitalism but they can murder YOU. that's where we are now.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2016, 05:35 PM   #889
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
my own personal opinion -

if we in the west really can't stop the blair/bush clinton/trump establishment from its murderous rampages and we also can't hold down our own "let's overthrow liberalism" populists then the game is not worth playing and it's a case of get out while you can with all you can carry while the maniacs destroy themselves and everything you ever worked for and held dear and couldn't take with you.

everyone else on this planet whose paying attention saw what we did to iraq and they know what we'll do to them and someone will lone wolf nuke us eventually. we aren't sane enough to survive that without destroying ourselves just like we weren't sane enough to deal properly with 9/11 instead of doing what osama wanted us to do.

let it be known that there were SOME people who saw the disaster, predicted it and tried to stop it, but were shouted down and ridiculed and ultimately blamed and murdered (if trump and his supporters get power)

i've already said on this board and many other places there should have been a violent revolution in '03. i am so beyond being angry with the murderous insanity of our governments - i am just resigned to evil winning like it always does.

does anyone remember rumsfelds press conferences? that was the definitive moment when the white race exited reality and decided it was going to make it's own. noone has ever called rumsfeld on what he said. he literally stood there and said that all the reports were false and they weren't happening. noone EVER called him on that. we moved beyond the stage were you expect your rulers to answer to reality into some sort of hyperreal imperial decadence and delusions of omnipotence. noone in the establishment is ever going to go back and reengage with reality, we are in our own fantasy world and we are losing war after war and telling ourselves it's a facebook revolution. we've lost the fucking plot and only the brick wall we eventually smash into is gonna bring us back to earth.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2016, 07:10 PM   #890
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Why We Are All Deplorables Now
By Fareed Zakaria

Quote:
Whether you put them in a basket or not, the question of this election is: Who are Donald Trump’s supporters? One way to answer that question is to widen its scope beyond the United States. Trump is part of a broad populist trend running across the Western world. Over the past few decades, we have seen the rise of populism — both left- and right-wing — from Sweden to Greece, Denmark to Hungary. In each place, the discussion tends to focus on forces that are particular to each country and its political landscape. But it’s happening in so many countries with so many different political systems, cultures and histories that there must be some common causes.

While populism is widespread in the West, it is largely absent in Asia, even in the advanced economies of Japan and South Korea. It is actually in retreat in Latin America, where left-wing populists in Venezuela, Argentina and Bolivia ran their countries into the ground over the past decade. But in Europe, we have seen a steady and strong rise in populism almost everywhere. In an important research paper for Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, Ronald Inglehart and Pippa Norris calculate that European populist parties of the right and left have gone from 6.7 percent and 2.4 percent of the vote in the 1960s, respectively, to 13.4 percent and 12.7 percent in the 2010s.

The most striking finding of the paper, which points to a fundamental cause of this rise of populism, is the decline of economics as the pivot of politics. The way we think about politics today is still shaped by the basic 20th-century left-right divide. Left-wing parties advocated increased government spending, a larger welfare state and regulations on business. Right-wing parties wanted limited government, fewer safety nets and more laissez-faire policies. Voting patterns reinforced this ideological divide, with the working class voting for the left and the middle and upper classes for the right.

Inglehart and Norris note that the old voting patterns have been waning for decades. “By the 1980s,” they write, “class voting had fallen to the lowest levels ever recorded in Britain, France, Sweden, and West Germany. . . . In the U.S., it had fallen so low [by the 1990s] that there was virtually no room for further decline.” Today, an American’s economic status is a far worse predictor of voting preferences than, say, his or her views on same-sex marriage. The authors also analyzed party platforms in recent decades and found that, since the 1980s, economic issues have become less important. Non-economic issues — social, environmental — have greatly increased in importance.

I wonder whether this is partly because left and right have converged more than ever on economic policy. In the 1960s, the difference between the two sides was vast. The left wanted to nationalize industries; the right wanted to privatize pensions and health care. While politicians on the right continue to make the laissez-faire case, it is largely theoretical. In power, conservatives have accommodated themselves to the mixed economy as liberals have to market forces. The difference between Tony Blair’s policies and David Cameron’s was real but historically marginal.

This period, from the 1970s to today, also coincided with a slowdown in economic growth across the Western world. And in the past two decades, there has been an increasing sense that economic policy cannot do much to fundamentally reverse this slowdown. Voters have noticed that, whether it’s tax cuts, reforms or stimulus plans, public policy seems less powerful in the face of larger forces. As economics declined as the central force defining politics, its place was taken by a grab bag of issues that could be described as “culture.” It began, as Inglehart and Norris note, with young people in the 1960s embracing a post-materialist politics — self-expression, gender, race, environmentalism. This trend then generated a backlash from older voters, particularly men, seeking to reaffirm the values they grew up with. The key to Trump’s success in the Republican primaries was to realize that while the conservative establishment preached the gospel of free trade, low taxes, deregulation and entitlement reform, conservative voters were moved by very different appeals — on immigration, security and identity.

This is the new landscape of politics, and it explains why partisanship is so high, rhetoric so shrill and compromise seemingly impossible. You could split the difference on economics — money, after all, can always be divided. But how do you compromise on the core issue of identity? Each side today holds deeply to a vision of America and believes genuinely that what its opponents want is not just misguided but, well, deplorable.

(c) 2016, Washington Post Writers Group

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 09.24.2016, 08:37 AM   #891
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2016, 08:44 AM   #892
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
let the show begin

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2016, 06:52 AM   #893
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

Terrible article. Not once did it refer to suchfreind's deep research on the subject.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2016, 08:31 AM   #894
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2016, 11:48 AM   #895
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Terrible article. Not once did it refer to suchfreind's deep research on the subject.
haha y'all closet Trump supporters make me sick

Old 09.25.2016, 07:36 PM   #896
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
we appreciate your obsession with torrents, it allows many of us access to obscure or new musics

Thank you. Dunno about "obscure", though; I think posts like ilduclo's on the "bootlegs share" thread or Bytor Peltor's on the "what are you listening to" and "last album you bought" threads cover that ground better than I do. Still, if anyone here discovered a new favorite artist via my torrents posts, all I can say is

Old 09.25.2016, 08:04 PM   #897
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

still the funniest vid ever.
Old 09.25.2016, 08:08 PM   #898
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
still the funniest vid ever.
you gotta lot nerve calling me on Shabbat with this lil bullshit

Old 09.25.2016, 08:43 PM   #899
pepper_green
Banned

yeah I said some shit WHAT!?! man, fuck you and yr bone spurs!!
Old 09.26.2016, 08:50 AM   #900
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Well, debate tonite. I'm off to see Fucking Invincible instead. Ms Ild is attending a debate watch at a country club bar with our local Democrats. I'll see what transpired on the Wonkette tomorrow.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
424344 45 4647485595145 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth