Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page M.Groening and Thurston Moore have both subscribed to The Wire for more than 15 years
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.28.2008, 05:36 PM   #1
diskaholic-anonymous
stalker

diskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's asses
i just love this kind of publicy!! when someone try to sell things like that...i don't know if that is true or not...but anyway is kind of funny or just sad?!
From Wire:

"Matt Groening and Thurston Moore have both subscribed to The Wire for more than 15 years.

Subscribing to The Wire is the best way to get hold of copies of "the most essential music magazine of the contemporary era" (Forced Exposure)

Subscribe NOW! Click here!"
diskaholic-anonymous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2008, 05:41 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
They also have loved Captain Beefheart for more than 20 years.

Buying "Trout Mask Replica" is the best way to get hold of copies of "the most essential album of the contemporary era" (atsonicpark)

Buy NOW! Click amazon.com!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2008, 09:21 AM   #3
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Matt Groening has always had an interesting taste in music.

I subscribed to The Wire a few months ago and it was actually a really great deal, if only for the large bulk of CDs you get free with it.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2008, 09:22 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Groening's the man. I've heard that some of his favorite musicians are Jandek, Captain Beefheart, Boredoms, and the Residents. No kidding. I saw some Boredoms U.S. live clip video where it shows Groening drawing Bart Simpson saying, "I love the Boredoms, man" and giving it to them. Blew my mind.

A Czechoslovakian guy is having his eyes tested. The doctor has him read the random letters on each line on the chart, he does really well. The doctor then has him read the bottom line which is very long and made up of very small letters. The guy starts to read it but stops and says "Hey... I know that guy."

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2008, 11:37 AM   #5
d~rek
little trouble girl

d~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's asses
Groening also shows up in The Devil and Daniel Johnston
d~rek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
This article first appeared in the December 1993 edition of Mojo Magazine.
For Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons, nothing can hold a candle to Trout Mask Replica.

The first time I heard Trout Mask, when I was 15 years old, I thought it was the worst thing I'd ever heard. I said to myself, they're not even trying! It was just a sloppy cacophony.
Then I listened to it a couple more times, because I couldn't believe Frank Zappa could do this to me - and because a double album cost a lot of money. About the third time, I realised they were doing it on purpose: they meant it to sound exactly this way. About the sixth or seventh time, it clicked in, and I thought it was the greatest album I'd ever heard.
I played Trout Mask for my blues-loving friends, who all went through the same reaction I had, and we'd sit around saying, Wow, if this is how great pop music is in 1969, just think what it’ll be like in 1984! Of course, we didn’t realise this was the best album of 1984... and it remains the best rock album I've ever heard.
I saw him perform in 1970, when he came to the Paramount Theater in Portland, Oregon, and all seventy-five weirdos in the city showed up. These were the people the hippies had rejected. I remember the lights dimmed, and then Ed Marimba came out with a plastic toy raygun, pulled the trigger a few times to make sparks, and intoned the words 'Raygun, raygun' over and over again . . . finally concluding with 'Ronnie Raygun', who was already Governor of California. Then Drumbo came out and they played a duet for a while, and finally the whole band walked on. It was the best concert I've ever seen, easily.
In 1975, at the very end of an orchestral concert that Frank Zappa did at UCLA, I remember Don came out after the orchestra left the stage and just started blowing his soprano sax. After the show, a couple of friends and I tracked him down and had lunch with him. He showed us this incredible sketchbook, full of stuff that was for more figurative than anything he does nowadays. One of the friends I was with actually bought a picture of a trout that he'd drawn. He got quite nervous when she offered to buy it and called his wife to check that it was OK. Not long ago, I went to a private view of his paintings in Santa Monica and he was there. But by that time weirdness had become hip, so he was surrounded by every hipster weirdo in L.A. And in any case, I got waylaid by Henry Rollins.

- Matt Groening
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth