Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The distance between live and recorded...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.30.2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.myspace.com/burningskies

By a massive distance, the best live band I've seen in years. Easily the most talented vocalist I've seen, ever. They shit from quite the distance on everything, outside of Ashtray or NNCK or Haino [or proper musicians, but that's a different matter]. On record? Simply not that astonishing.

So this is a thread for the mighty skies, but also - the bands that are better live than on record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone seen the Rebel live? He's just quite interesting on record; he made me cry live.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 01.30.2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Laura Cantrell! It makes me cry just thinking about how brilliant she was live.

Quote:
Old 01.31.2009, 05:13 AM   #4
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Anyone seen the Rebel live? He's just quite interesting on record; he made me cry live.

In what way did he make you cry live? A bad or good way? When I saw THe Rebel it was great but they only played 3 songs because they were late and they were late because they were camping in the Gower. The Rebel (and The Country Teasers) are great.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2009, 08:19 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Good way. He's very good. Good. Yes.

Incidentally, my three post preceding this are a good indicator of why one shouldn't drink and interbox. They weren't that amazing, but they were amazing. If you know what I mean.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth