Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page DNT Hempire: Two New Releases
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.30.2009, 10:17 PM   #1
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
Helloooooo,
Winter is quickly approaching and I can't think of a more suiting batch than this one. Ättestupa's "1867" 12" blew me away the first time I heard it. Turn off all the lights and play it loud. The other new release is Sean McCann's "One Morning I Waked Up Early" VHS tape. (Yep, that's right, they still make those) This is the second VHS on DNT, with many more to follow. Those of you who have been dedicated DNT followers may remember the first vhs release, 2007's "Musisica Moche" vhs (DNT004)

Those of you wanting an update on my personal life, I have mostly recovered from last month's burglary (in which I lost my computer and other equipment). I'm moved to a safer, quieter, cheaper place and am loving it. Thanks for all the support. There is a special sale going on now through the end of the decade (check the website for the sale page) to help fund a few big DNT projects for next year.

Well, enjoy the new batch! Stores/distros, get in touch for wholesale rates!!

Best,
Tynan
http://www.dntrecords.com

DNT059 - Ättestupa "1867" 12" $10ppd/$12ppd US/Canada *international please order from Release the Bats (Sweden) or order records from the distro and add this one*
Northern Europe 1867: A winter so harsh, a spring so cold and a summer so late. A dead harvest. The failure of the crop meant starvation and thousands and thousands of people died. Bark bread, lichen gruel and families slowly fading away. This bleak period, ended in 1869, resulted in that more Swedes than ever emigrated to Northern America and other places for a better life. Based around those years, Gothenburg's Ättestupa here creates an absolutely terrific soundtrack to this misery with their new 3-song EP. Exploring the dark past of their native country Sweden, this is a well-executed journey into the neverending well of hopelessness. Into the struggle of nature and mankind. You'll recognize the sound from the RTB LP from last year and the Abisko tape, but here they are taking everything up a notch. The unique production is getting close to perfection, a raw and disgusting thick sonic bliss with a continuous crunch. A sharpened blend of noise, kraut and black metal with a crude melancholic atmosphere. Vocals buried deep under the soil and guitars being more prominent. Organs, screeching metal junk, tape loops. Pounding drums. The recording reeks of bad times and tremendous coldness and it's hard to grasp for air. No hope and definitely no joy. Recorded during the first three months of 2009. Limited to 330 copies on black vinyl.
************************************************** *************************************

DNT049 - Sean McCann "One Morning I Waked Up Early" VHS $6ppd/$8ppd US/Canada *international please order from a distro close to you or order records from the distro and add this one*
First fully-realized video work from Sean McCann, circa late 2008. A sensory overload of aquatic and galactic collages, a surreal journey. Featuring an original soundtrack, recorded following the Midnight Orchard sessions - quite mesmerizing and peaceful. Edition of 50 hand-numbered copies on blue-shelled NTSC tapes in green spray-painted cardboard cases. Look for Sean's debut full-length LP on DNT in a month or two.
dntrecords is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2009, 03:35 AM   #2
axiord
empty page

axiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentataaxiord chews with a vagina dentata
Dude needs to come up with a new concept other than Pigeons.
axiord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2009, 01:10 PM   #3
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
pigeons?
Old 12.05.2009, 04:53 PM   #4
dntrecords
children of satan

^^^^^^

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth