Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page MPP===best album of all time
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.26.2008, 07:01 AM   #61
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I mentioned that like a month ago. The second track is fucking awesome. The rest is pretty meh. It's a weird album.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 07:05 AM   #62
sarramkrop

Atsonicpark, you can put that in many ways, it stills casts doubt as to how many records you actually buy, listen to, and form opinions on.

Also, streaming music is generally made available by the artists themselves as a sneak preview of what's to come. This practice was brought up because of people getting greedy and downloading the thing, deciding straight away that they liked it/disliked it, while at the same time having the record itself sitting on their hard drive without motivating them to spend the dosh to buy a physical copy, which is a form of income for the artist, together with the money taken at gigs.

Not that you don't know this already, but there still are a number of fans who save up, buy the record, and then shut up about it without coming across as pompous, rushed reviewers of music they haven't even really listened to. Lame practices are just that...lame.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 07:05 AM   #63
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
atsonicpark, they actually did NOT say they wanted the album to be leaked. Someone hacked Geo's email account and sent this email to all blogs and stuff. This was confirmed by the band (Bradford Cox wrote in Deerhunter's blog that he had got Geo on phone and that his e-mail account had really been hacked)
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 07:08 AM   #64
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, right... I had heard that on here but didn't know the whole story and was a little confused about all the events. Thanks for clearing that up. My bad.

Well, I have a new point to make then:
Animal Collective fans sure are creepy.

Old 12.26.2008, 07:12 AM   #65
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
atsonicpark, they actually did NOT say they wanted the album to be leaked. Someone hacked Geo's email account and sent this email to all blogs and stuff. This was confirmed by the band (Bradford Cox wrote in Deerhunter's blog that he had got Geo on phone and that his e-mail account had really been hacked)

We have a winner.

Even if that wan't the case, in the article it pretty much transpires that the leak of two songs was bothersome to the band 'cause the finished product is meant to be heard as a whole, wether it's shit or not, therefore the band opted for a desperate move in order to get people to hear it the way it was intended to be heard.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 07:23 AM   #66
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Oh, right... I had heard that on here but didn't know the whole story and was a little confused about all the events. Thanks for clearing that up. My bad.

Well, I have a new point to make then:
Animal Collective fans sure are creepy.
haha yeah
but the collected animals forum is great though, i don't post there as much as on syg but i often lurk on it
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 03:09 PM   #67
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
They want the album to be leaked? Didn't someone from the label almost get a journalist fired for leaking the last album?
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 03:33 PM   #68
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

? Never heard of that.

Forget what I said. Apparently, the dude's email was hacked. Which is crazy.

Old 12.26.2008, 03:46 PM   #69
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
"
The album's internet leak on June 12, 2007, was notable in that it was leaked in three song clusters over a period of weeks. Geologist wrote on the Collected Animals board that the first batch of promotional copies were watermarked, and that each journalist's name would be digitally embedded in any extracted files.[6] On June 19, 2007, a letter from the band's publicist was sent to music journalists regarding the leaking of the first three songs:[7]
Last week three tracks from Animal Collective's new album leaked. Within minutes we were able to track the leak to a writer's CD. That person got in more trouble than you care to hear about and was almost fired. The person was also forced to write an apology letter to an entire staff of people and the head of Domino Records along with other penance.

Panda Bear talked with Shout Mouth regarding the band's thoughts on the leak:[8]
The only thing we’re really upset about with the leak is that it’s only parts of it. I think there are six songs out there now. People aren’t even able to get the full experience of the album, which bums us all out quite a bit. So if you’re listening leakers [speaking directly into the tape recorder], put up those other three songs, man, pronto."
Old 12.26.2008, 03:47 PM   #70
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

So, technically, we're both right. Sounds like they're okay with it, though.
Old 12.26.2008, 03:47 PM   #71
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Crazy.

Old 12.26.2008, 05:01 PM   #72
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i can't stop listening to this.

feel free to share stuff that has had similar effect on you

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 05:08 PM   #73
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I went back to listen to Strawberry Jam again after finishing MPP, thinking maybe I just used to be biased, but MPP is just way fucking better.

I'm thoroughly impressed with Animal Collective, and will be purchasing this one.

Bluish is my favorite.
Old 12.26.2008, 05:32 PM   #74
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

yeah, this album is waay better than the last 2.

Old 12.26.2008, 05:36 PM   #75
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I went back to listen to Strawberry Jam again after finishing MPP, thinking maybe I just used to be biased, but MPP is just way fucking better.

I'm thoroughly impressed with Animal Collective, and will be purchasing this one.

Bluish is my favorite.

uh huh

Old 12.26.2008, 05:47 PM   #76
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
"
The album's internet leak on June 12, 2007, was notable in that it was leaked in three song clusters over a period of weeks. Geologist wrote on the Collected Animals board that the first batch of promotional copies were watermarked, and that each journalist's name would be digitally embedded in any extracted files.[6] On June 19, 2007, a letter from the band's publicist was sent to music journalists regarding the leaking of the first three songs:[7]
Last week three tracks from Animal Collective's new album leaked. Within minutes we were able to track the leak to a writer's CD. That person got in more trouble than you care to hear about and was almost fired. The person was also forced to write an apology letter to an entire staff of people and the head of Domino Records along with other penance.

Panda Bear talked with Shout Mouth regarding the band's thoughts on the leak:[8]
The only thing we’re really upset about with the leak is that it’s only parts of it. I think there are six songs out there now. People aren’t even able to get the full experience of the album, which bums us all out quite a bit. So if you’re listening leakers [speaking directly into the tape recorder], put up those other three songs, man, pronto."
Pretty sure that's for Strawberry Jam. That had 9 tracks. MPP has 11.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 05:52 PM   #77
davenotdead
invito al cielo

dude of course thats for SJ... see the date?

Old 12.26.2008, 06:04 PM   #78
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Yeah I know. I was just using it to gauge their stance on leaking in general.

Not that it matters, really.
Old 12.26.2008, 06:08 PM   #79
davenotdead
invito al cielo

they are not "for" leaks... but they want it to be experienced as a whole, so they weren't happy with how SJ was leaked...

Old 12.26.2008, 06:52 PM   #80
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly, I'm not too impressed with this album. Not as punchy as Strawberry Jam, but they don't bring anything new to the table, either. Perhaps with more listens it'll grow on me, but so far this has the quality of a somewhat cohesive Animal Collective B-Sides record.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth