Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New NIN
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which one you gonna buy?
Download 9 tracks (free) 2 11.76%
Download whole album ($5) 1 5.88%
2 x CD set ($10) 4 23.53%
2 x CD + 1 x data DVD + 1 x bluray disc + 2 books deluxe set ($75) 1 5.88%
Nine Inch Nails? - Nein Danke! 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03.04.2008, 04:38 AM   #1
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Nine Inch Nails presents Ghosts I - IV, a brand new 36 track instrumental collection available right now. Almost two hours of new music composed and recorded over an intense ten week period last fall, Ghosts I - IV sprawls Nine Inch Nails across a variety of new terrain.

Trent Reznor explains, "I've been considering and wanting to make this kind of record for years, but by its very nature it wouldn't have made sense until this point. This collection of music is the result of working from a very visual perspective - dressing imagined locations and scenarios with sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams. I'm very pleased with the result and the ability to present it directly to you without interference. I hope you enjoy the first four volumes of Ghosts."

This music arrived unexpectedly as the result of an experiment. The rules were as follows: 10 weeks, no clear agenda, no overthinking, everything driven by impulse. Whatever happens during that time gets released as... something.

The team: Atticus Ross, Alan Moulder and myself with some help from Alessandro Cortini, Adrian Belew and Brian Viglione. Rob Sheridan collaborated with Artist in Residence (A+R) to create the accompanying visual and physical aesthetic.

We began improvising and let the music decide the direction. Eyes were closed, hands played instruments and it began. Within a matter of days it became clear we were on to something, and a lot of material began appearing. What we thought could be a five song EP became much more. I invited some friends over to join in and we all enjoyed the process of collaborating on this.

The end result is a wildly varied body of music that we're able to present to the world in ways the confines of a major record label would never have allowed - from a 100% DRM-free, high-quality download, to the most luxurious physical package we've ever created.

More volumes of Ghosts are likely to appear in the future.

- Trent Reznor, March 2, 2008
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 04:49 AM   #2
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Aww, Instrumental...
Thought it was gonna be a new album and I was thinking "Sweet, Year Zero was great so this one will be like a follow up or something"

I'm wearing my NIN shirt right now as a matter of fact.
Old 03.04.2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Destroyed
bad moon rising

Destroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's assesDestroyed kicks all y'all's asses
I'm actually liking this album more than anything else I've heard by them.
Destroyed is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 12:42 PM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
fuck NIN, well new NIN, i thin the fragile was far and way trent's best record, its really experimental and dark sounding, and its fuckin great, and for some reason its totally overlooked by NIN fans. ive always though pretty hate machine and downward spiral was just watered down industrial for alternative rock kids too pussy to just go all out and listen to some ministry or skinny puppy, and his new records are just like radio new wave with trents vocals, but ima throw on the fragile right now, peace.

ps.
trent's lyrics are ocasionally briliant, but much more often retarted, hes an extremly inconsistent artist, but his voice rules.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
like i've said to almost everything having to do with nin for like the past 4 or 5 years:

meh.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 05:43 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
trent is an idiot. He has a lyric in one of his songs that goes "I'm feeling a feeling." That pretty much sums up NIN.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 05:45 PM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
trent is an idiot. He has a lyric in one of his songs that goes "I'm feeling a feeling." That pretty much sums up NIN.

hahaha

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 08:46 PM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Year Zero sucked, With Teeth was ok....I'll still listen to it. Maybe he'll capture some of the weirdness of Further Down the Spiral with this here instrumental album.
Old 03.05.2008, 09:45 AM   #9
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
It's pretty cool. His instrumental stuff's his best...like fucking "Pilgrimage" on the Fragile. That shit owns.
dionysusundone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 01:42 AM   #10
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I don't really get the hate for Year Zero. That's my second favourite record by him.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth