Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page DNT Mailorder Open Again + 2 New Releases (Shepherds, Gay Beast)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.30.2007, 02:27 PM   #1
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
I'm back! There are a gazillion stories I could tell about the month long Night Wounds tour, but instead I'll just mention some highlights..4th of July was in Chicago, and fireworks were going off everywhere all day long. We accidently lit a firecracker off by a gang member, who said he was "coming back for us" so we ran away and went swimming at a segregated pool. Then later that night a really cool band with members of Coughs played..forget the name. A week later was my first time to NYC, and it ruled! <b>I did an interview on Make The Product on WNYU and you can hear it here: <a href="http://www.wnyu.org/archives">WNYU Archives</a> (scroll down to Wednesday July 18th, Make the Product).</b> It was a blast, Jacqueline is really sweet. The next day I got to finally meet Lucas Crane aka Non-Horse and Jeremy Earl, of Fuck It Tapes/Shepherds/Meneguar fame. I had to sleep in the van so I missed out on a Night Wounds/Blues Control/Jeremy Earl late-night jam in the Silent Barn basement. But it was recorded! Firday the 13th was at the Cake Shop and there was an amazing Blues Control/Mouthus/Awesome Color collab set.<br>
After that we teamed up with Pittsburgh psych jam band Midnite Snake and played 4-5 shows with them. They're really hairy and old, but I love them! Nicest guys with ZZ Top beards I know. The south ruled but was hottttt. Night Wounds were supposed to play on a pedestrian bridge in Austin, TX, but Finally Punk and Total Abuse cancelled. Still had a good time though. A few days later we went to Juarez, Mexico. Much more expensive and much scarier too. Not for tourists. The Phoenix show was everything I hoped it would be. Got to hang out with James Fella a little bit. Nicest dude ever! Soft Shoulder killed it, then we drove to my mom's house and got the AC treatment.<br>
Met Don Bolles of Germs fame at the LA show, and got invited to his private birthday party on August 4th!! (We have the same birthday!!). The rest of the shows after that were with Twin Crystals, my new favorite Vancouver band behind Shearing Pinx. Jesse reminds me of McFly Senior of Back to the Future fame. DAM House in Davis, CA treated us to pizza from every pizza joint in the city. Met DJ Rick finally.<br>
There are a million other stories to tell..mainly of Night Wounds beating the shit out of me in the van (I wasn't called by my real name for a week and a half).. but I think the NW tour dvd will tell the story better than I can. If any bands need a roadie/merch guy, I'm down. So much fun! I met so many awesome people! Stay in touch everyone! Anyway, the Gay Beast LP and Shepherds 7" are both out now and selling fast. I'm closing the mailorder in a week or two while I move to my new apartment in LA, so PLEASE make lots of orders before then so I have less records to move and more food/rent money!<br>
-Tynan

Paypal buttons are on the website. Get in touch for wholesale rates!!

DNT Shirt Version 1 $10ppd US/Canada $15ppd International
Rockin' d00d! DNT's gotz teh kewl shurts now! Psychedelic design by <a href="http://www.myspace.com/alienhead94">American Pimps</a> (ex-members of Hot Girls Cool Guys). Tie-dyed and silk-screened madness. All shirts are different colors/color combinations. Some are v-neck, some are "normal". youth large, small, and medium. Some are less tie-dye than others if that matters to you. there are only 30 of these puppies, so get yours now! please specify if you have a size/color preference [HALF GONE AS OF JULY 30TH]<br>
************************************************** ************************************************** ***<br>

DNT023 - Shepherds "Bush Babies" 7" $5ppd US/Canada $11ppd International
Vinyl debut by Brooklyn's Shepherds. Originally this was going to be used for the DNT 3" series, but it was far too long to be used for a 3" split, so we decided to upgrade it to a 7"! The best way to describe them would be free-form psych-drone, with different tape effects thrown in their too. Members of Woods, Non-Horse, Wooden Wans and others. Pro-printed full-color glue pocket sleeves. Pressing of 500. 50ish on Black. 100 on Gold. 350ish on White. (The plant fucked up and pressed the 400 white on black in error, so I have to send back the black, BUT for the next week or two black will be available, after that, you'll have to wait a few months, so order now!)
************************************************** ************************************<br>

DNT024 - Gay Beast "Disrobics" LP $10ppd US/Canada $18ppd International
Somebody give me some dope. (Just kidding mom) DNT has finally entered the LP realm--and all this time you thought we were only going to release cdrs and cassettes. "Disrobics" was originally self-released on CD by the band, but I felt it needed to be heard on vinyl. Gay Beast are a skronky neo-wave group of kiddos from Minneapolis, Minnesota and if you're lucky you can catch them on their US tour this summer! Silk screened covers and black vinyl. Pressing of 500.
dntrecords is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I'm picking up that Gay Beast vinyl this week. One of the best bands in my town by far. What a drummer!
Catch them on their upcoming tour, you Southwest/Westerners!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 02:06 AM   #3
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
I still haven't seen them live yet! can't wait until their LA shows!!
Old 07.31.2007, 11:37 PM   #4
dntrecords
children of satan

^^^^^
Old 08.01.2007, 12:17 PM   #5
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Ace, that Gay Beast lp sounds like a good 'un. Wouldn't mind a tee as well but I shouldn't spend money on stuff for a bit.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 05:30 PM   #6
dntrecords
children of satan

the shirts are almost gone..I think I have 8 left..
Old 08.03.2007, 01:08 AM   #7
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Gay Beast tourdates.
Highest recommendation, people in these areas:

8/3 - Chicago, IL @ Boris Karloft (w/ Mayor Daley, NIMBY)
8/4 - Bloomington, IN @ "Sports' House" (w/ NIMBY)
8/5 - Cleveland, OH @ Tower 2012 (w/ the Conformists feat. Sean from Yowie)
8/6 - Cincinnati, OH @ Skull Lab (w/ Altered States of the United Snakes)
8/7 - Knoxville, TN @ the Birdhouse
8/8 - Nashvillle, TN @ the Springwater
8/9 - Atlanta, GA @ the Crackhouse
8/10 - New Orleans @ Tulane University
8/11 - Austin, TX @ the Parlor (w/ Captain Ahab, MVSCLZ)
8/12 - San Antonio, Texas @ the Mattress Factory
8/13 ...drive...
8/14 - Albuquerque, NM @ Burt's Tiki Lounge
8/15 - Phoenix, AZ @ Trunk Space (w/ Soft Shoulder)
8/16 - LA/Las Vegas HELP!!
8/17 - Los Angeles, CA @ the Smell (w/ Screamin' Cyn Cyn, Replicator)
8/18 - Bay Area, CA @ "the Evil Wikkid Warrior Bus"
8/19 - Bay Area, CA @ Edinburgh Castle
8/20 - Bay Area, CA @ Knockout
8/21 - Arcata/Sacramento HELP!!
8/22 - Portland, OR @ Dekum Manor (w/ TWIN, Night Wounds)
8/23 - Olympia, WA @ Manium (w/ TWIN)
8/24 - Seattle, WA @ the Pony (w/ TWIN)
8/25 - Vancouver, BC @ the "Secret Space" (w/ Shearing Pinx)
8/26 - Missoula, MT @ the Lab

Tell any interested parties in other cities to come out and say hi.

Shirts, coin purses, 3" tour cd-r's, both vinyl and CD versions of Disrobics, and, by journey's end, a split 7" with TWIN, shall abound.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2007, 11:36 AM   #8
dntrecords
children of satan

can't wait to hear their new stuff too!
Old 08.03.2007, 11:54 PM   #9
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
GAY BEAST FUCKING RULE!

If early Devo on crack sounds like a good idea, you'd probably dig them. I don't know if that's an apt analogy, but it sounds good to me.

Hail the Beast!

Savage - Do you post on Modern Radio?
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2007, 09:54 PM   #10
dntrecords
children of satan

glad there's all this gay beast support!
Old 08.05.2007, 09:56 PM   #11
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i saw the gay beast album in ny, but didn't buy it, like many others i had to leave in the racks.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2007, 11:44 PM   #12
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
Big mistake... grab it up while you can.

If you like music you'll dig it.
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2007, 02:05 AM   #13
dntrecords
children of satan

" If you like music you'll dig it."

hehehehehe
Old 08.20.2007, 09:12 PM   #14
dntrecords
children of satan

found these two AWESOME reviews while surfin' the web today. Reviewed by the cool Z-Gun (http://z-gun.org/). Proof that you should grab these two if you haven't already! Around 50% of both are gone. Paypal buttons on the website.
-Tynan
http://www.dntrecords.com
Shepherds Bush Babies 45 (DNT)
Ahhhh here is a record one hopes to stumble upon: A totally satisfying, even inspiring, piece of out sound. Shepards on this disk is a duo and that is a mindfuck of a revelation once the music starts. Primitive yet sonically deep free jazz which grows with each listen, "Bush Babies" is one long song split over two sides. Using tapes, Shepherds create layers of horns which fade in and out of the mix, as well as guitar squalls and random noises which puncture and build. Somewhere there is a piano or a tape of a piano slowly decomposing. On top of these sheets lurk the drums, which slowly move and churn with restlessness but never break wild ‘n loud. The drummer’s restraint and the layering of the horns so that they sound like they were recorded in a distant room is either dumb luck or shows that these guys have considerable smarts when it comes to how to make a great free jazz record. More often than not the indoid dabblers of free jazz fail to grasp subtly, sonic depth, that tension and energy can be created by restraint, and that less is more. Shepherds seem to have caught on, at least for this record. A+. -SS
Gay Beast Disrobics LP (DNT)
Gay Beast are from Minneapolis and claim a “neo-wave” which is about a decade and a few hundred miles removed from Chicago’s now wave “explosion”, and they use that time and distance to their advantage. While I can quibble with some of the prog moments here (which come dangerously close to math rock), as a whole, Disrobics is an exciting record. At times I am reminded of Karate Party, Devo, Brianiac, Lovely Little Girls, and Lake of Dracula, but that recall comes in tiny pieces, small chunks in a bigger platter. And all that is good, and better that Gay Beast studiously avoids aural polish. There is a nice film of filth on this recording. If this is how they sound live: Wow! -SS
Old 09.02.2007, 02:30 PM   #15
dntrecords
children of satan

hello again,
just to let everybody know, I've found a job now, and everything should work out financially. Thanks to everybody who helped out & gave support! A million hugs and thank-yous! anyway, here are two releases are not quite out yet, but I wanted to offer to you as preorders. Paypal buttons are on the website. Please keep in mind of the approx. release dates. You will have to wait a bit. If you're cool with that, paypal to reserve your copy! Don't miss out!
-Tynan
http://www.dntrecords.com

(^not the final version of cover art)
DNT040 - "Caked Paradise" zine/compilation cdr $7ppd US/Canada $14ppd International **PREORDER**
Guess what everybody? DNT has now been around for two years! This is the compilation to celebrate it! Who wants cake? Totally (not really) in the making since last year's birthday comp. This one tops it for certain. Drone cake batter by Warmth & Quilts. Psychedelic icing by Moonmilk. The socks that grandma always gives you by German. Stringed folk-balloons by The North Sea & Nomen Dubium. Melted ice cream by The Mighty Acts of God. Art by: Puff & Magic, Dean Sullivan, Zach McCraw and Adam Baz of Night Wound fame, and Zach Fleming. Comic by Britt Brown (NNF). Writing by DJ Rick (Art for Spastics), Eric Hesson (maan), Bob Gregorio, plus reviews of the past years releases, by Z-Gun, Animal Psi, Cassette Gods & more. Plus then it's like, flip to the back bro and pop in the disk (remember when 'disc' was spelled with a k? what changed that?). Anyway, full-color art for some of it, black ink-colored paper for the rest of it. In a 'dvd' case with birthday stencils and invisible cake. Hand numbered out of 150. Eat up!

(^not the final version of cover art)
DNT021 - HEALTH "HEALTH" cassette $6ppd US/Canada $11ppd International *PREORDER*
HEALTH's first full-length! 11 songs in just over 30 minutes, this album blazes by and is over before you know it. Ex-Models/Liars-influenced sound waves you're used to plus new dancy songs you aren't..unless you've seen them live recently. If you haven't, you can! Because they're about to embark on a 40 day US tour!! Full-color cardstock j-card covers in plastic case, on solid yellow cassettes and pro-dubbed/pro-imprinted cassettes. Limited to 200 copies. <a href="http://www.dntrecords.com/music/healthtriceratops.mp3">"Triceratops" MP3</a>

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth