Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sad or Good news for Pixies fans
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2006, 11:20 PM   #1
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Personally I am a little sad it didn't work out, but not surprised.

www.nme.com/news/pixies/23387
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 11:25 PM   #2
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
I'm glad personally. It would ruin the Pixies for me if they put out a shitty, cash grab album now. The tour is enough.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 11:29 PM   #3
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
That's too bad, but I guess we should be glad they decided to reform to begin with. So many fans never got to see them in concert when they were intially together, and all that time thier fanbase kept growing. I got to see them live and it was a hellva concert.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 11:48 PM   #4
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Hmmmm, I was kind of looking forward to a new album.
Old 06.21.2006, 12:09 AM   #5
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
thats fucking great, they fuckin blow, most overrated band.....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 12:25 AM   #6
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Cease to resist, giving my goodbye........
Old 06.21.2006, 12:42 AM   #7
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
oh well. he shouldnt try to write songs that sound like pixies songs. he should just write songs that he and the rest of the band are happy with. he's a talented guy and i think the songs would be good either way.
but shit dont always work out like that. oh well
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 01:22 AM   #8
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
oh well. he shouldnt try to write songs that sound like pixies songs. he should just write songs that he and the rest of the band are happy with. he's a talented guy and i think the songs would be good either way.
but shit dont always work out like that. oh well

I agree. If the band put out an album that sounded like what the Pixies used to be but was subpar, then it would ruin their credibility of talented songwriters. You shouldn't always stick to a single formula. Frank Black and the rest of the band should just write whatever feels right and not be confined by trying to write songs that sound like their old records. It's all about trying new things and experimenting with what feels right for the time. Staying the same always ruins good bands.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 01:25 AM   #9
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I really wanted to hear a new record by the Pixies, though. I thought that it would be really cool for a band to get back together after more than a decade and come back with a kickass record to show all these shitty emo bands how it's really done. Maybe they will still release a record. Who knows? I'm still supremely satisfied having seen them twice live on their reunion tour. Two of the very best shows I have ever seen and will ever see!!!!!!!!!

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 04:11 AM   #10
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
not too fond of the pixies i'm afraid, saw em like and was kinda disapointed.
Old 06.21.2006, 04:20 AM   #11
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
pixies are up there, alongside sonic youth for me..
those are the two bands that defined life..

i am looking forward to a new album, but i'd rather be patient and wait for a decent album that the band is satisfied with, than having a crap album..
pixies songs are great, and they last the corrosion of time..
i've been listening to the same albums for more than 15 years now..
they are still great and kicking..

when the time comes...

i wish they'd tour around here as well...

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 04:30 AM   #12
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I can respect that.
Old 06.21.2006, 04:41 AM   #13
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Pixies are one of those bands that I used to love but lost interest in. I know the songs are brilliant, but I don't get excited by them like I once did. I saw them four times the first time round, but by the time the reunion came round they just didn't do it for me any more and I wasn't interested in seeing them.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 05:27 AM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Pixies are one of those bands that I used to love but lost interest in. I know the songs are brilliant, but I don't get excited by them like I once did. I saw them four times the first time round, but by the time the reunion came round they just didn't do it for me any more and I wasn't interested in seeing them.

Yeah, I'm in this boat. I like the Pixies, and I'll stick the records on every now and then, but they really don't excite me all that much these days. Whereas the Fall sound as exciting, if not more so, as when I first heard them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 05:46 AM   #15
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
The three posters above said it for me.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 08:55 AM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I love dinosaur jr more
Old 06.21.2006, 01:55 PM   #18
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Blah!!!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 03:25 PM   #19
strictlycommercial
bad moon rising

strictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's asses
Thank fuck. I love them and they really blew me away on the reunion tour, but it was made clear from the beginning that this was a semi/cynical cash in, and I really don't think a good album could come from that kind of attitude.
A good Frank Black/Breeders album or two should do me nicely.
strictlycommercial is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 03:54 PM   #20
bad bad mojo
empty page

bad bad mojo has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
not too fond of the pixies i'm afraid, saw em like and was kinda disapointed.

The Pixies were never known for there live show. It's why they never got super big. It's the recorded music they have that's truley amazing. One of the greatest bands ever ever. They've inspired an entire genre of music. It's kind of sad that they're not going to do a new album.... but knowing Frank Black's genius... if he didn't think it was going to be good... then it probably wasn't going to be good.

bad bad mojo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth