Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is it ever going to be summer in Los Angeles?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2010, 02:55 PM   #21
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Hottest Summer in years up here in the North East it's been between 80 and 90 it seems every day since May with minimal rain. We even hit 100 a couple of times. I still like it better than cold.
SuchFriends I like you man but boy you are Doomsday waiting to happen in any subject you post about.
Old 08.12.2010, 03:14 PM   #22
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the well being of our panet refers to the stability, a very thin, easily damaged, stability that allows life to flourish on what is essentialy the very top 1% of the earth's crust.
No. Animals and plants live almost everywhere on the planet (tardigrades at the poles,some plants can grow on lava or stones etc.)
There's no balance on earth, never has been.
Due to the use of oil, coal, nuclear energy, the environment is changing faster, but it has never been stable.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 03:15 PM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Hottest Summer in years up here in the North East it's been between 80 and 90 it seems every day since May with minimal rain. We even hit 100 a couple of times. I still like it better than cold.
SuchFriends I like you man but boy you are Doomsday waiting to happen in any subject you post about.

yup. Chicka yr in MA too right? It's been craaazy hottt.
Old 08.12.2010, 03:17 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
thats true

in reality its not all doom, what I believe is hard to get across from reading posts is that all these doomsday posts/threads are for me sources of optimism and hope, as I am optimistic, not pessimistic at the opportunity to make a difference!

the reality of our world is that the gloomy weather in LA is directly connected to to disasters in other places, and while I discuss the weather here I can't neglect to talk about what its interconnected with elsewhere. I didn't intend this to be a global warming thread, it just sort of happened

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 03:20 PM   #25
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
suchfriends is at one with suchfriends
Old 08.12.2010, 04:27 PM   #26
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what scientists and others refer to as "global warming" is the EXTRA added warming due to human intervention.

the Earth has been going in cycles between ice age and what we have now back and forth for a long time. right now they estimate that we are in the warming mode, but soon (geologically) it should begin cooling again.

human involvement and our massive output of greenhouse gases may impair the next ice age though.
actually I'm fairly sure ice ages an cold snaps coinside with a critical point in the rise of atmospheric carbon, and we are overdue. I don't know, more than likely the fact that we are stopping the overrun of vegetive and small animal overgrowth that would probably usually have occured in our rainforests to bring back down carbon levels is the reason?
people will probably die of starvation before they need to deal with cold, the ones who survive that will likely face a mother of a winter and crazy animal system..
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 04:37 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink.
actually I'm fairly sure ice ages an cold snaps coinside with a critical point in the rise of atmospheric carbon, and we are overdue. I don't know, more than likely the fact that we are stopping the overrun of vegetive and small animal overgrowth that would probably usually have occured in our rainforests to bring back down carbon levels is the reason?
people will probably die of starvation before they need to deal with cold, the ones who survive that will likely face a mother of a winter and crazy animal system..

Milankovich cycles:

no, the ice-age cycle has nothing to do with the greenhouse gases patterns.. The ice-ages are caused by the 28,000 year polar-tilt cycle of the earth's rotation as it tilts closer and further away from the sun in its rotation. This is the same cycle that causes our seasons, though on a long term the over-all earth tilts further or closer towards the sun making seasons more extreme. During ice-ages the earth primarily tilted away from the sun, during melting periods it is tilting towards. To add to this, the orbit of the earth around the sun moves on a 3 million year cycle, with the earth coming closer and further away over-all in its distance in orbit around the sun. Ice-ages get more extreme in periods where the earth is drifting away from the sun, and melting periods are more extreme as the earth drifts in orbit closer towards the sun.

Since we had our last ice-age thousands of years ago, we are clearly in a melting period. Compounded on this, the earth is also drifting closer to the sun on its orbit cycle rather than away, so the melting period we are experience in this time is more extreme then the last few 28,000 year cycles..

add to this burning up almost a billion years worth of sequestered carbon in the form of fossil fuel deposits and you have the warmest melting periods in millions of geologic years, though truthfully we are not at the tipping point yet, as in regards to carbon the atmospheric saturation is on par with levels approximately 250,000 years ago...

Old 08.12.2010, 04:44 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

"..mellow... mellow.. mellow.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
suchfriends is at one with suchfriends

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to noisereductions again.

Old 08.12.2010, 06:51 PM   #29
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be bringing the sunshine back with me next week.

no worries, sheila.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 06:53 PM   #30
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
it has been a pretty hot summer here. usually around 75-85
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 09:00 PM   #31
the original pincho
little trouble girl

the original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's assesthe original pincho kicks all y'all's asses
My weather has been pretty normal, some say hot, But I haven't noticed anything unusual. I think this is significant.
the original pincho is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 11:19 PM   #32
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
How are our actions impairing the next ice age, rob ?

Vancouver is fine, kinda bobbing at a tepid 18C, mixed clouds and what not.

I would kill for it to get godly sunny again like it was a few weeks ago. I thought I was going to absolutely explode with all that energy. MMmm.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 11:22 PM   #33
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I wish it wasn't summer here.

Cloudy/gloomy/rainy/cool weather for the win.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth