Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm such a fuckin' idiot!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I think I've mention it before, but I have a bit of a temper. Anyway today I was pluggin into my rig and got my zoom pedal plugged into my amp, then I got pissed about something [???]. So I smashed my zomm505 pedal which brand new isn't to cheap (+ I use it a lot). I took one of my dumbells and basically smashed it into my pedal a few times. I thought it would be fine but I opened it up and the chip was cracked. I could prob. fix if I spend the day on it, but maybe not.

+ my thumb was under it when I hit it so I cracked the base of my thumb nail so that hurts like a bastard when playin' the six string. Oh well, I said it, I'm a dumbass.

Scince we're on the subject, ever break anything on accident/purpose such as this?

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 04:49 PM   #2
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'm pretty chill. I don't break stuff.
Old 07.03.2006, 04:51 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I broke my sisters nose once....I kid.
Old 07.03.2006, 04:53 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'm pretty chill. I don't break stuff.
Yeah, me too.
Old 07.03.2006, 04:55 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
This is another reason why I don't like pedals. They don't like being hurt. I've not got an instrument without a little pain upon its face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I abuse em' becuz I love em'!

Old 07.03.2006, 05:13 PM   #7
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I wasn't very kind to my first guitar, but it took all the abuse fairly well. It was a Sears Harmony semi-hollow acoustic made in the '40s & given to me by an ex-girlfriend's mother. I gave it away to an older guy that was an honorably discharged 82nd Airborne Ranger that helped me out for a couple of months once. This guy had a million stories. He had ended up in the Army because he got involved with a sting operation for stealing cars back in Arizona where he was from & one time he stole this car that was chained to a chain link fence. So there he was driving a hot car with a section of fencing in tow haha. That was the night the police got him & he was able to join the military to escape charges. The weird thing is that I know another guy who is my age that is a good friend & he also got involved stealing cars down (in Florida) before he was forced to go into the military. He got involved by being approaced at a strip club & was given the keys to every car he stole because it was some sort of inside job. He wanted to be a Ranger, but ended up at Caisson in DC as one of the Old Guard. This is a prestigious company that ceremonially bury the honored dead at Arlington & other national cemeteries. He told me all kinds of horror stories about the military. The Old Guard ride the horses & they've got huge Clydesdales too & one of them got spooked by a fast food wrapper blowing along & ended up trampling my friend. In what seems like something out of Homer's pratfalls on the Simpsons, a wagon wheel also ran right over his head. He was in the hospital for a long while with multiple concussions, breaks & bruises. He also got rheumatoid arthritis after that, for which he receives no compensation from the Army because even though he was injured on the job, he had been in trouble, so the Army used that as an excuse just to dump him. One time he went AWOL for six months & lived in a cabin in Maryland that some people that he had met at a Waffle House just let him use. Wow, I'm really going off on tangents today.

As for breaking stuff, these first two I regret, the last one not so much.

The last time I broke something I was drunk. The handle to the oven on my stove was loose & even though I had tightened it a few times before, it kept falling off everytime I would try to open the oven door. So, I go to open the oven where I've got some fish baking & the handle comes off again & somehow, since I was wasted, I ended up touching the inside of the oven door & burning my hand a little. I grew furious thnking about how much money I pay for this place & how much work needs to be done & took the handle (the long bar that opens oven doors) & started beating it on the tile floor & fucking up the flooring pretty bad. I bent the handle up into a twisted, mangled mess.

When I was in junior high, I got pissed about something & took my 19" black & white television & threw it across the room. It landed on the far edge of the bed just right so that it bounced right into the wall & the picture tube blew. I already had another tv, a 13" black & white that I played Atari 2600 on (no shit hehe), so I just used that one for tv too after that & told my parents that the other tv just gave out.

I really am a "good" drunk, but there's this other time I'm remembering when I was wandering out of one bar & through the alley into another bar. It was about ten years ago. I had been in a bar previously & noticed this guy in there that was a real jerk who had tried to get up in my face about some bullshit where a friend of mine had gotten the guy's number & called him for drugs. I had nothing to do with the whole thing, but he blamed me because he knew I knew the guy & had figured I had told the guy his business. Anyway, he had gotten up in my face a couple of times before & I had just diffused it & nothing had happened. Both times I had friends with me. On this day I was out with a friend who had wandered off & I was wandering to all the different bars around downtown. As I left one bar, the back door guy wasn't on his stool & something possessed me to grab the stool. I went outside with the stool & threw it against a brick wall, breaking it into a few pieces. Then I picked up one of the stool legs & went into the back door of the other bar & directly in my line of sight was this dude at the end of the bar & I was going to kill him. Anyway, he just sat there with a look of shock on his face & kind of feebly threw his hand up to protect his head as I came towards him & then I intentionally swang high & broke the stool leg on the corner of the wall. It was a bar I had gotten kicked out of before too because of a particularly crazy & disruptive girlfriend, but they let me come back. Anyway, the owner of the bar was right there & he said & did nothing & the whole bar got quiet. I grabbed the guy by his collar & made him stand up & then I cursed him out. I then left & I started to get scared that someone was going to call the cops on me for a few minutes there, but I went right back in there the very next night & no one said one word to me about it. That was the last time I ever saw that guy around downtown, let alone at that bar.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 05:31 PM   #8
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

holy shit, thats crazy.

Old 07.03.2006, 05:35 PM   #9
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
I used to break things like that, when I was two.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 09:46 PM   #10
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i abuse pedals all the time, i used to kick my pedals around if one wasn't working, my ex-bandmates used to say that i played football soccer on them.

i truly believe that to make an instrument have a personality soundwise, you have to break it in and fuck it up a little. but certainly not put a dumbell through it.

i hear you, i have a zoom 509 i use quite a lot and, while i haven't done anything more major than a kick or a drop or two to the floor, it's started to rattle around; the pedal is a bit old and i bought it used. still, it's one of my favorite and certainly my most used because it's so versatile and manipulable.

so i hear you man, just take it easy on the stuff you like; next time, take it out on something you don't like or one someone else's crap.

(i'm just kidding with the last part)
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 09:49 PM   #11
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Holy shit, reminds me of Limp Bizkit's song, Break Stuff!
Old 07.03.2006, 09:50 PM   #12
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Its just one of those days
When you don't wanna wake up
Everything is fucked
Everybody sux
You don't really know why
But you want justify
Rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact
Your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker
It's just one of those days!!

[chorus]
Its all about the he says she says bullshit
I think you better quit
Lettin' shit slip
Or you'll be leavin with a fat lip
Its all about the he says she says bullshit
I think you better quit talkin that shit
(Punk, so come and get it)
Its just one of those days
Feelin' like a freight train
First one to complain
Leaves with a blood stain
Damn right I'm a maniac
You better watch your back
Cuz I'm fuckin' up your program
And if your stuck up
You just lucked up
Next in line to get fucked up
Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker
Its just one of those days!!

[chorus]

I feel like shit
My suggestion is to keep your distance cuz right now im dangerous
We've all felt like shit
And been treated like shit
All those motherfuckers that want to step up
I hope you know I pack a chain saw
I'll skin your ass raw
And if my day keeps goin' this way I just might break somethin' tonight...
I'll skin your ass raw
And if my day keeps goin' this way I just might break somethin' tonight...
I'll skin your ass raw
And if my day keeps goin' this way I just might break your fuckin' face tonight!!
Give me somethin' to break
Give me somethin' to break
Just give me somethin' to break
How bout your fuckin' face
I hope you know I pack a chain saw, what!!...
A chain saw, what!!...
A motherfucking chain saw, what!!...
So come and get it

[chorus]
Old 07.03.2006, 09:51 PM   #13
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I used to have a temper, but I had enough control of it to hold it back until I found something I could afford to break. Like Kleenex boxes and stuff. One time I punched a frisbee and my hand went though it and broke it at an angle, and there was this movie-like splatter of blood. It actually chilled me out cause it looked pretty cool, and it was a relatively tiny and painless cut.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 09:53 PM   #14
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I've always wondered how hard it is to actually do that. Probably takes more than it seems.
Old 07.03.2006, 09:55 PM   #15
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i've punched thru a door.
when it actually goes thru doesn't hurt as much as when it doesn't
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 09:55 PM   #16
alyasa
invito al cielo

I will never bother you
I will never promise to
I will never follow you
I will never bother you

Never speak a word again
I will crawl away for good

I will move away from here
You won't be afraid of fear
No thought was put into this
I Always knew it would come to this
Things have never been so swell
I have never felt so well
Pain!
Pain!
Pain!

You know you're right
You know you're right
You know you're right

I'm so warm and calm inside
I no longer have to hide
Let's talk about someone else
Steaming soup begins to melt
Nothing really bothers her
She just wants to love himself

I will move away from here
You won't be afraid of fear
No thought was put into this
I Always knew it would come to this
Things have never been so swell
I have never felt so well

Pain!
Pain!
Pain!
Pain!
Pain!

You know you're right (x17)
Pain...
Old 07.03.2006, 09:58 PM   #17
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I've punched halfway through a door. I'm glad that's how far I got, because I still have to use it.
Old 07.03.2006, 10:08 PM   #18
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I've punched halfway through a door. I'm glad that's how far I got, because I still have to use it.

I've thrown a pool stick at a door, causing a fairley mediocre hole.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 10:46 PM   #19
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I've got a bad temper too hahaha.
Usually when I throw and beat stuff it's the computer or a CD player. I always shake the computer monitor and smack the screen when it does whatever dumb shit it does. I punch the printer when it doesn't work and it's making irritating noises. And I've punched the CD player in the car when it randomly decided to not play my CD haha.
Yeah, it's always electronics.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 11:01 PM   #20
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Down with Machines!
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth