Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Shows in NYC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.25.2006, 01:40 PM   #1
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
So we've all seen these threads before, but I'm going to be in Brooklyn from July 11th-17th and was wondering if anyone knows whats happening that week? Recommendations would be awesome.
Old 06.25.2006, 10:00 PM   #2
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i'll put anything you might be remotely interested in, not knowing your tastes:

Buzzcocks - @ Warsaw in Bklyn (great venue) July 11

Maude Maggart (Fiona Apple's sister - jazz) July 12th - free, rockefeller park

American Idol Finalists (kidding)(but they're really playing that week)

Les Claypool - July 15th, nokia theater, times square

Free concert on coney island july 15th - don't know any of these bands but it's free and coney island: Scissor Sisters, She wants revenge, stars, art brut, tapes'n'tapes, serena maneesh, the stills and celebration.

i thought ani difranco was playing central park july 13th but it wasn't listed so i could be wrong.

also, check out websites for knitting factory, tonic, northsix, bowery ballroom and mercury lounge for good shows. there's also something called rocksoff which do bands on boats around the city that are pretty cool. i did the sound of urchin boat show one year - leaves at midnight and sails from midtown down to the statue and back with a band and drinks on the boat. don't know the website but you should be able to google rocks off boat nyc and come up with something.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth