Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Where can I find an extensive and super-detailed Ashtray Navigations discography?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2008, 12:21 PM   #21
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i did try! sorry!!
Old 06.04.2008, 12:49 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I would PM Smoker's Gifts, although I'm pretty sure Jon Boy knows the Phil (and Phil and Melanie [?]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 08:31 PM   #23
Smokers Gifts
little trouble girl

Smokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's asses
This thread has inspired me to remember my password, and it was easy after all that! Been away a while, gone through 3 hard drives in 6 months and here I am.

Phil Todd has said he doesn't keep a comprehensive discography, because it's not something that interests him. But it's really great so many people are taking the time to gather it all together.
There's already at least 4 more newbies to add to that lot! The vinyl edition of Red Culture, Animal Interior, FUZZBOTTLE PHENOMENA (cdr)

EARLY YEARS/TAPE MUCK 1994-1997 (10!!!! x cdr, this is a box set of early tape releases, some or all of which may or may not be on discogs!)

They can be ordered direct from Mr Todd through his myspace, except the box set which is sold out with a reissue planned. There is also a split LP with Family Battle Snake on Absurd coming out any day now, and releases on 8mm and students of decay forcing themselves out of the pipe sometime.
Maybe I can get him on here to provide the final word.
As we're on the subject, I was meaning to say that Ashtray Navigations are doing 3 dates in Europe, with a more extensive tour planned for early 2009. They are as follows:

9 Oct 2008 21:30 Nieuwe Kerk Den Haag Den Haag 10 Oct 2008 20:00 Amsterdam, HALLO GALLO night OCII AMSTERDAM, Noord-Holland 11 Oct 2008 20:00 The Bunker Brussels with Sic Alps Brussels, Brussels-capital
Hope to meet some of you at those.
Smokers Gifts is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 08:47 PM   #24
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
whats a good release to start with?
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 08:56 PM   #25
Smokers Gifts
little trouble girl

Smokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's asses
Probably any of the ones that are still in print! Seriously, if you pick any of the stuff Phil has on his myspace page you wont be disappointed! And he just now has a red vinyl LP going for £7! Bargain. And Fuzzbottle Phenomena is ace too, and Snakestrings, and Srpls Prnvncl Hrbs- Ah shit, they're all good!
I've never seen or heard anyone say Mr Todd has put out a single bad release. All of it is at least above average. But maybe they just say that behind his back! ;-)
I'm going bed now, sorry for not replying.
Old 09.27.2008, 09:00 PM   #26
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
cheers man
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 09:02 PM   #27
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i love ash nav. at least what ive heard anyways, i own 3 records by them.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 07:29 AM   #28
Smokers Gifts
little trouble girl

Hi - this is Phil here - interested to read this thread.
I'm afraid I have never kept a discography, I don't have a "librarian" mind unfortunately and there's a lot of early tapes that I no longer have copies of. The Discogs discography is missing most of the early cassettes, and has a bit of wrong info in general (The Black Clock is definitely not from 2008, it is a 90s release) but it seems to have most of the CDRs.
I could recommend some stuff, but you'd have to tell me if you are intertested in the more "rock" stuff, the psych stuff or the walls of screeching noise stuff. Or take a look at myspace.com/ashtraynavigations as the full list of everything in print is there.
Thanks for your interest in my music!
Old 09.28.2008, 07:41 AM   #29
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Maybe like Danny once said about Merzbow, only his mum knows.

I'm now so quotable that I'm being quoted on things I've never even said!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 11:27 AM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I'm now so quotable that I'm being quoted on things I've never even said!

you did say that, and you're not even all that quote-worthy either.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 11:28 AM   #31
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokers Gifts
Hi - this is Phil here - interested to read this thread.
I'm afraid I have never kept a discography, I don't have a "librarian" mind unfortunately and there's a lot of early tapes that I no longer have copies of. The Discogs discography is missing most of the early cassettes, and has a bit of wrong info in general (The Black Clock is definitely not from 2008, it is a 90s release) but it seems to have most of the CDRs.
I could recommend some stuff, but you'd have to tell me if you are intertested in the more "rock" stuff, the psych stuff or the walls of screeching noise stuff. Or take a look at myspace.com/ashtraynavigations as the full list of everything in print is there.
Thanks for your interest in my music!

Thanks Phil. I'll send you a pm on myspace.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 11:55 AM   #32
al shabbray

what? I cant believe how the thread turned out. perfect
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 12:05 PM   #34
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
this is a super comprehensive ash nav discog, only for reading though, no download files.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ashtray+Navigations

listen to pink reason
Old 09.28.2008, 12:07 PM   #35
sarramkrop

How would you know that it is a comprehensive discography?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 12:42 PM   #36
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i do know phil yes. there is literally so much that he/they have done that phil himself cant keep up with it.

try the betley welcomes careful drivers site or contact him direct for more details i guess:http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ashtray+Navigations

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 04:48 PM   #37
Smokers Gifts
little trouble girl

this is Phil again.............Hi Jon! ........................If the Betley Welcomes Careful Drivers site is still up it is way out of date. BWCD closed in 2001! The discogs site seems to have most of the CDRs except the very recent stuff. I rarely put dates on the covers but I'm sure some of the dates listed on discogs are wrong, if you should care about such things.
Don't go asking my mother......the only response she ever had to my records was when I showed her the 1st 7 inch and she asked "is this a CD?....well, its a funny looking record"....
Old 09.28.2008, 04:56 PM   #38
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
How would you know that it is a comprehensive discography?

because its huge, fuck man i duno, why are you such a pain in the ass?

listen to pink reason
Old 09.28.2008, 05:23 PM   #39
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
because its huge, fuck man i duno, why are you such a pain in the ass?

It's not a cock, it's a mace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 05:38 PM   #40
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
No less than four people have referenced and/or linked to discogs in this thread. Surely that must be some kind of record.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth