Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New Avril single - "What The Hell?"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2011, 03:19 PM   #21
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah really, you can neg rep me back. I could care less. It doesn't affect me whatsoever lol.

Why do you assume I'm jealous?

She's pretty hot, but not hot enough for me to act like I like her music...

I'm just blown away that people are discussing avril on here lol...

That said. At least she's finally stopped fronting that she's a punk rocker...
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 03:55 PM   #22
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ I was just coming in to chime in on the discussion....

Seriously critiquing her music.....of course I don't mean to criticize anyone here....just that I did not expect it in this forum.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 04:19 PM   #23
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Yeah really, you can neg rep me back. I could care less. It doesn't affect me whatsoever lol.

I don't give a fuck about rep (I see it only when I check my subscribed threads in the "your settings" section), I just wonder why you do actually take time to neg rep people.

Quote:
Why do you assume I'm jealous?

Saying you're jealous because you look worse then her half naked doesn't sound like something worth discussing. It was just a facetious remark to give some kind of meaning to your posts in this thread.(and you didn't even bad rep me for that).

Quote:
She's pretty hot, but not hot enough for me to act like I like her music...

Are you sayin' that in some cases you act like you like someone's music just because she/he is hot? Weird.

Quote:
I'm just blown away that people are discussing avril on here lol...
It's not even the first time, lol.

Quote:
That said. At least she's finally stopped fronting that she's a punk rocker...
She be flippin' the birds in this video too, how's that about punkness!?! (hope someone will get that I'm kidding again).

Glice, I don't like that MCR song, sounds a bit too "old" somehow (reminds me of too much stuff at the same time, Monks included), and yes, there's nothing "particularly offensive" in this Avril vid in terms of product placement...I guess I just noticed it more than usual due to my "tv abstinence" in the last couple months or so...but how can you call this "subtle"?

haha, ok, it's avril stuff, like the perfumes (but after the sony vaio, which is weirdly facing a wall, showing its big logo, sony lcd tv with 3d glasses' set, put for no reason into a shot even if it's turned off, sony ericsson phone with hd camera (front+back), and his boyfriend's marc jacobs' shirt).... but subtle?
nooo....
Am I being oversensitive here?
I may well be.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 04:36 PM   #24
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nicfit again.

Abbey Dawn is her line, and who gives a fuck about the Sony product plugs? This is Avril Lavigne we're talking about. Plus, it's not exactly unrealistic, if I shot a video in my room I'd be plugging an HP laptop, numerous Faygo flavors, a GE tv, Nintendo, Sega, Sony PS2, an RCA VCR, etc. That's just the world we live in.

I'm so ready for the new album to drop. Avril rules. End of story. If you don't agree, get out of this thread and go lick a goat anus somewhere.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 04:42 PM   #25
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Plus, it's not exactly unrealistic..[snippetin']..That's just the world we live in.

true dat, but then why "censor" the ford logo on the taxi ?
It's all marketing/target audience etc.
BTW, I don't mean to hijack the thread talking about the product placement strategies in modern pop music videos, I'm being too sensitive on the matter, studying ads and stuff, haha.
Still haven't decided how much I like this song, the lalalalas still put me off a bit...something else would have worked better..but I can't figure out what, yet, so I'll give the whole thing the benefit of the doubt for now (if that does actually mean something in this case)...
Old 02.01.2011, 04:46 PM   #26
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
She should've just pig squealed.
Old 02.01.2011, 04:51 PM   #27
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
I don't give a fuck about rep (I see it only when I check my subscribed threads in the "your settings" section), I just wonder why you do actually take time to neg rep people.

Saying you're jealous because you look worse then her half naked doesn't sound like something worth discussing. It was just a facetious remark to give some kind of meaning to your posts in this thread.(and you didn't even bad rep me for that).

Are you sayin' that in some cases you act like you like someone's music just because she/he is hot? Weird.

It's not even the first time, lol.

She be flippin' the birds in this video too, how's that about punkness!?! (hope someone will get that I'm kidding again).

Glice, I don't like that MCR song, sounds a bit too "old" somehow (reminds me of too much stuff at the same time, Monks included), and yes, there's nothing "particularly offensive" in this Avril vid in terms of product placement...I guess I just noticed it more than usual due to my "tv abstinence" in the last couple months or so...but how can you call this "subtle"?

haha, ok, it's avril stuff, like the perfumes (but after the sony vaio, which is weirdly facing a wall, showing its big logo, sony lcd tv with 3d glasses' set, put for no reason into a shot even if it's turned off, sony ericsson phone with hd camera (front+back), and his boyfriend's marc jacobs' shirt).... but subtle?
nooo....
Am I being oversensitive here?
I may well be.

I don't care about rep either, that's why I give out neg rep. It makes me laugh when ppl get all butt-hurt about it. If I gave you positive rep, would you have posted it too? lol.

Other than that I have too much going on to deal with in the real world to worry about a post by post reply and board "fights".

Even though you are probably not upset and neither am I.

If you don't like my music that's fine man, but I guess I'm just getting annoyed with a specific few who seem to like to make cheap shots at what I'm doing and bringing it up for no reason.

Why does any broke artist choose to create? Because they love what they do. I'm sick of negative people who probably have 10 therapists talking shit about my music, and then talking about Avril fucking Lavigne hahahaha.
Old 02.01.2011, 04:53 PM   #28
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

[quote=nicfit]

quote]

No, but I'm sure others here are guilty of it. Or masterbated to her music videos enough that yall actually started liking her music.
Old 02.01.2011, 04:56 PM   #29
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo is too complicated to appreciate Avril Lavigne.
Old 02.01.2011, 04:58 PM   #30
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

I suppose so...

Maybe it's not even the hook, but her shallow message.
Old 02.01.2011, 04:59 PM   #31
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Old 02.01.2011, 05:03 PM   #32
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Old 02.01.2011, 05:07 PM   #33
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Old 02.01.2011, 06:33 PM   #34
nicfit
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't care about rep either, that's why I give out neg rep. It makes me laugh when ppl get all butt-hurt about it. If I gave you positive rep, would you have posted it too? lol.
Probably not, coz that would have made way more sense.

*restofasuperlongpostcomingviapmcozidontwanttoruin thisthreadfurther*

no, wait, fuck it I changed my mind, here it is.
please take the following with a grain of salt (everyone of you who will take the time to read).

Quote:
Other than that I have too much going on to deal with in the real world to worry about a post by post reply and board "fights".

Even though you are probably not upset and neither am I.

I'm not upset, I just find your behavior pretty peculiar (see rest of this post).

Quote:
If you don't like my music that's fine man, but I guess I'm just getting annoyed with a specific few who seem to like to make cheap shots at what I'm doing and bringing it up for no reason.
I'm not interested in a "board fight", I'd just like you to think about something:

In this thread I (and anybody else, for what it's worth) didn't even mention ONCE something about the quality of your music or my (their) enjoyment or lack of it for your music.

And theese are "cheap shots", by the way:
Quote:
1st of all: Auto-tune.

2nd: Really guys? Jesus Christ...

and are points brought up for no reason, too.

Quote:
Why does any broke artist choose to create? Because they love what they do. I'm sick of negative people who probably have 10 therapists talking shit about my music, and then talking about Avril fucking Lavigne hahahaha.
Now, if you just replied to my "sarcastic question" about the video with honesty (something like "we did it coz it's fun, and fuck you if you don't like this") I'd have replied: "we like her songs coz they're fun, and fuck you if you don't like them" and "she uses autotune coz she fuckin feels like doing so". End of story.

But no...
Instead of replying, neg rep (again, if someone doesn't get it, I'm not saying this because I care about rep, but because that means DDD actually did read my question in that post), and when you come back you feel the need to ask about that "jealous" thinghy, like it was something important..

Someone say something against one of your posts->you start a sort of interior trip about people's appreciation for you/your artistic output.

I might be wrong, but it's a pattern seen numerous times, and rarely with some "grip" to the real state of things, imo.

A pattern which ends with another post with you claiming you don't care about what people thinks, but you still feel the need to add something like:

"I'm sick of negative people who probably have 10 therapists talking shit about my music, and then talking about Avril fucking Lavigne hahahaha."

which shows that you care enough to let us know that some negative people has been talking shit about your music and now they're here talking about Avril Lavigne, like it's some sort of blasphemy talking about her music, after having talked shit about yours somewhere down the line. (which is not my case, btw, I think I said only good things about your music, since when you asked for suggestion on mixing some demos back in the days)

I don't mean this as a "mean" post (and I've probably put even too much effort in this), but hell, dude, I'd think about this whole thing, I think I'm not the only one who noticed that infamous pattern..

Oh, and there's this too:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
No, but I'm sure others here are guilty of it. Or masterbated to her music videos enough that yall actually started liking her music.

Is it really that hard to fathom that it's possible for human beings to like her music just because it's good pop music?
Oh, right, I forgot, "here" there are negative people etc...it's impossible for them not to be crazy perverts...
BTW
Quote:
Or masterbated to her music videos enough that yall actually started liking her music.

"yall"= like, 3 people in this whole thread.
With everyneurotic as honorary member.
Old 02.01.2011, 07:58 PM   #35
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Ughhh, this is exactly the kind of thing I don't have the time and energy for.

I could post by post argue back with valid points...this would go on forever.

Let's just stfu shall we?
Old 02.01.2011, 08:28 PM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think, for me, the weird thing with Avril is that she's got a much, much better voice than nearly every other vocalist I can think of - with people like Namchylek, Galas and orthodox opera sorts excluded. She also (unlike late-Carey or early-Aguilera) produces (arguably) great (pop) songs. What grates with me is that she's treated as if a pop artists shouldn't do what she does. What, exactly, is wrong with co-opting (pop) punk techniques for a popular audience? Do we criticise Blondie after the fact for being popular (or stealing reggae ideas)? VU/ Stooges/ Ramones for being on adverts? B182 for not singing about fucking dogs any more?

Don't like her music - that's fine; what I find odd is criticising a pop artist for being a pop artist and doing pop artist things. Gaga doesn't seem to rile SYG the way Lavigne does - is this because people aren't talking about her as much, or because she goes no-where near the SYG sensibility? Ok, she's stitched into the vulgar end of the 'pop system', but I don't think any post-pubescents believe she's 'authentic' in the way 'we' believe Black Flag [who, personally, I've never liked] to be.

None of this has anything to do with the music, by the by. I'm getting to love the vintage synths on it. SSOOOOOOOOO excited for the new album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 08:31 PM   #37
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:

Let's talk about how remarkable Avril Lavigne's first 2 albums are instead.

Let Go is my personal favorite. Avril was so young, and refreshing at this point in her career. Complicated and Sk8r Boi took over the nation, and her grungey tomboy pop diva gimmick worked wonderfully. My favorite song by her is the 3rd single, Losing Grip, however. There are many, many hidden gems on this album, making it a frequent mustplay for me:

I'm With You - Avril's remarkable voice really shines on this track. Her performance is heartfelt, and the lyrics are touching.

Mobile - Extremely catchy, could have been a single.

Unwanted - Another favorite. This is a powerful track, possibly the "heaviest" on the album. Avril's voice shines once again, the hook is great, and the lyrics are very relatable.

Tomorrow - Beautiful tune. Makes me tear up at times. I play this one to death. Avril's voice is great. DeadDiscoDildo can suck it.

Anything But Ordinary - The lyrics are kind of stale at times, but who gives a fuck. Very catchy, nice melody driven by Avril's voice. I really like the production on this track.

Things I'll Never Say - The chorus to this one is so neat. Reminds me of Caterpillar by The Cure.... sorta, not really. Glice would probably do a better job at explaining it than I would. Very neat tune though, and it's quite different from anything she's ever done since.

Too Much To Ask - Sad song. Gets me emotionally, but not as hard as Tomorrow does. Catchy chorus.

Naked - Pretty standard tune. This one is cool because it makes you imagine Avril Lavigne naked, both literally and figuratively.

Why - Very unlike something that I'd enjoy. But this song is easily one of my favorites on the album. Very bare-bones production for a pop track. Chorus is great. Makes me feel like cuddling.

I pretty much love the entire album form start to finish. Even tracks that aren't necessarily my favorites like Sk8r Boi, and Nobody's Fool flow well with the album, at least.

-----

I have to prepare for the company I'm about to have. Expect an in-depth song review of Under My Skin soon. Hopefully Glice beats me to it, I remember that being his favorite.

Anyway, until then...

FUCK OFF H8R BOIZ!!!!!
Old 02.02.2011, 03:36 AM   #38
nicfit
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ughhh, this is exactly the kind of thing I don't have the time and energy for.

I could post by post argue back with valid points...this would go on forever.

Whatever man.
"shut up" are the first two words of my very first post in reply to yours, btw.
Old 02.02.2011, 06:56 AM   #39
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think a nanana is a bit more 'look, I'm saying nanana'; lalala is a bit more romantic, methinks. I'm trying to think of other good lalalas now - struggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 07:33 AM   #40
nicfit
invito al cielo

lalalala, loads of lalala.

lalala but not exactly the same thing...
another good lalala pop song
even metallica lalalaed.

I think nananana is more "brattish" somehow (blin182, even p!nk, g'n'r too?)

and there's da da da too, understimated.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth