Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Pretentious intellectual fuckers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.28.2006, 08:15 PM   #61
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i doubt it.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:18 PM   #62
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
keep in mind that this thread was a result of me correcting a grammatical error in one of his posts.
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 08:19 PM   #63
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
he? who is HE?
Old 07.28.2006, 08:19 PM   #64
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Just a random rant. People who quiver in fear at the thought of liking music/art/films that isn't obscure or critically lauded. People who will admit to such things, but only with the disclaimer of them being 'guilty pleasures.' People who wear their artistic taste on their sleeves as some kind of badge of identification. People who will slam Ben Folds Five and in the same breath endorse Be Your Own Pet because the latter is on Infinity Cat and not yet plastered on the radio. People who casually drop their latest film noir viewings and translated novel readings into conversation, for no other reason (despite what they say) than to advertise that they, unlike you, are culturally rounded and capable of complex thought. People who line up like lemmings to watching foreign films at their local independent theater because, well, it's an indie film - by default, it's better than anything out at the multiplex! People who tolerated Drawing Restraint 9 because they lick Bjork's whiny Nordic asshole, but won't acknowledge that Aliens is one of the best films ever made.

One of the most blatant examples of this, in my cuntish opinion, is the "What are you listening to?" thread.

I would cut off my left tit if there were some way to prove that the majority of people post on that thread for any reason other than to self-importantly crow, "Look! Look what I'M listening to! It's a B-side! I bet YOU'VE never heard it! Did you know I was that obscure? Did you know I was into such hardcore experimentalism? Well, I am. And I bet you're not. I bet YOU don't own this album. Am I avant-garde? Am I? Am I?" Why else are you posting on that thread? Do you really give a good goddamn what I'm listening to? Of course not, you're listening to your own music. Do people typically respond to other people's posts on that thread? Of course not, because they're barely even reading them; they are far too concerned with posting their own brand of advertising.

People who don't realize that Sebastian Bach will own someone like Kathleen Hanna any day of the week because he loves, truly LOVES music, lives for the pure simplistic joy of rock and roll, and isn't using it as a vehicle for a political agenda, an image stamp, a competitive artistic edge, a personality billboard.

The name-droppers, media-haters, trendophobes, rabble-rousers, corporate-bashing, extreme-left, if-more-than-15-people-have-heard-of-that-band-I-can't-buy-their-album music connossieurs -

Contrary to what you must convince yourselves of on a daily basis in order to keep your fragile egos intact, it is YOU folks who are the woefully ignorant, not those supposed intellectual inferiors you turn your noses down at. So don your pricetags, kids, for you are the true sell-outs.

The one thing that's infinitely worse than what you describe is the person that takes delight in describing such people and explaining why they're contemptible. I assume it brings people like this some sort of satisfaction to their empty lives.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 08:20 PM   #65
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i am pretty sure debbie does dallas isn't obscure, and that movie is fine by me any old day of the week.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:21 PM   #66
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
he? who is HE?

you.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:21 PM   #67
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
you.
I own a vagina, thanks.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:24 PM   #68
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookid
The one thing that's infinitely worse than what you describe is the person that takes delight in describing such people and explaining why they're contemptible. I assume it brings people like this some sort of satisfaction to their empty lives.

yes it all gets trapped in a paradox. and also becomes a righteous judgement against others. very interesting nonetheless, and well written.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 08:24 PM   #69
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

The point of this thread? Smoke more.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:25 PM   #70
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
lol, stop being so damn cantankerous
Old 07.28.2006, 08:27 PM   #71
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

I am an intellectual because I know what the word "cantankerous" means.
I am an intellectual because I appreciate true cinema and theater: "Debbie Does Dallas" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"
Old 07.28.2006, 08:29 PM   #72
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
I own a vagina, thanks.
\

the use of "he" can be used to address boy or girl if the gender of the one who is being addressed is not known or is to a group. "her" however is not used. nowadays you have to use "his or her" or you will get a earful from a feminist.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:30 PM   #73
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
\

the use of "he" can be used to address boy or girl if the gender of the one who is being addressed is not known or is to a group. "her" however is not used. nowadays you have to use "his or her" or you will get a earful from a feminist.
I am pretty sure everyone has seen enough of my face to figure out that I'm not a he.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:31 PM   #74
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

this thread is odd, are people who have been educated meant to feel guilty about that fact for some reason
Old 07.28.2006, 08:31 PM   #75
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

And you know what that means?
Smoke more.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:31 PM   #76
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
\

Here in canada it's vice versa. We address things as "her" if they're unknown
Old 07.28.2006, 08:31 PM   #77
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookid
Well-written indeed, but entirely moronic.
Pretentious Intellectual Fuckers are a pain in the ass. A valid complaint. Agree or disagree, but I don't see how that makes me more contemptible than them.

And if it does, fuck 'em.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 08:32 PM   #78
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

can,
i havent. and you become very insecure when someone corrects you. that means you want to appear as intelligent as possible, meaning you yourself are having doubts on wheither you are an intellectual or not.
Old 07.28.2006, 08:32 PM   #79
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
keep in mind that this thread was a result of me correcting a grammatical error in one of his posts.
Eh?
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 08:33 PM   #80
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, and I'm not making this up, "he" is apparently politically incorrect. The prefered pronoun is "they." I don't know who decided that, but he needs to get over it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth