Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee tonite 2/1/ at Tonic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2007, 05:42 PM   #1
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah he must've jyust been added to the lineup, he wasn't there yesterday. I guess I'm going to both sets tonite after all...

Scott Amendola Band
$12
With Nels Cline (guitar), Jenny Scheinman (violin), Jeff Parker (guitar), Scott Amendola (drums) & John Shifflet (bass). Drummer Scott Amendola is best known for touring the world with The Charlie Hunter Quartet and for recording three albums with Hunter’s quartet for Blue Note records. Cry is Amendola’s second effort as a leader. Drawing from stylistic influences such as African music, jazz, blues, spirituals, rock, and the avant garde, Scott’s music ranges from hard-hitting grooves to lush ballads. Amendola was nominated for a Grammy with the band T.J. Kirk.
10pm in subTonic: The Otherway
Free
in subTonicDJs Nobo Daddy 23, Sir Boudoir Films by Lary 7 Death Disco/Cold & Slavic Wave/ Oh My Goth
10pm Groundhog Eve Spectacular: Nels Cline, Carlos Giffoni, Alan Licht & Lee Ranaldo
$10
With Alan Licht (guitar), Nels Cline (guitar), Lee Ranaldo (guitar) & Carlos Giffoni (synthesizer).
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2007, 10:07 AM   #2
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking classic night at Tonic, totally unexpected! The Scott Amendola set was really amazing, there were some killer playing going back and forth between Nels, Jennie Scheinmen (violin) and Jeff Parker (guitar) They played nearly 90 minutes, really fine progressive jazz fusion. The good vibes flowed and Tonic didn't clear the house between sets (which they do once in awhile)so I didn't have to pay twice, so I promptly invested that extra cash into vodka which certainly helped me enjoy the tense and dense set that followed.

As the musicians all walked on stage together, I heard Lee say something like "I hope I don't blow you guys all away" and everyone busted out laughing. As you can imagine, the 3 guitars and synth were kind of brutal, and cleared out the residual curious fairly quick, there were only 20 or so people left in the audience when they were done. I thought the synth acted as the lead instrument and everythin else was kind of subservient to it, just because it was so fucking loud. Lee did a lot with his weird box and messing with the guitar cord, and he walked around the space at one point with the bells. Nels and Alan were just grabbing pieces of my cerebellum and SQUEEZING.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 07:34 PM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for review tesla!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth