Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Calling Out Of Context - ICA, London, 14 November 2009 - 22 November 2009
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.12.2009, 02:53 PM   #1
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Calling Out Of Context is a new festival of experimental music and sound. For nine days our main gallery becomes a performance space; the upper gallery a working recording studio; and the theatre hosts gigs, workshops and discussions. The festival features more than 40 performers and groups, revealing the vitality and relevance of the sonic avant-garde.

The festival concludes with a weekend symposium dedicated to the British avant-garde musician and activist Cornelius Cardew. All of the participants in Calling Out Of Context push at the boundaries of sound, but importantly they also use it to inspire ideas and actions.

9! / Seb Rochford & Pamelia Kurstin / Steve Noble & Alex Ward
AGF / Mira Calix
Artists' Film Club: Lucile Desamory
Chocolate Monk / Gravetemple & Aaron Dilloway
Jan St Werner and Stefan Streich
Jan St Werner: A Series of Actions
Lucky Dragons
Mark Fisher
Play for Today: Cornelius Cardew Conference
Plus Minus Ensemble & Kammer Klang / James Beckett
Recording Studio
Rhys Chatham (performing Guitar Trio)
Rhys Chatham and David Toop
Robin Watkins
Teppich
The Red Krayola / Rude Pravo / Petit Mal
Ultra-red: The Cardew Object

http://www.ica.org.uk/Calling%20Out%...text+22290.twl
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. I should probably make it to that. I almost certainly won't, but I really should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth