Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page what are you reading?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.22.2020, 11:44 AM   #5821
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by xusomigo
very unusual list

Imagine the students who signed up for Sun Ra's course!
Old 01.22.2020, 12:53 PM   #5822
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Imagine the ones that signed up for this guy:

Professor Borges: A Course on English Literature

just got this for xmas, but yet to crack into it
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2020, 03:37 PM   #5823
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Imagine the ones that signed up for this guy:

Professor Borges: A Course on English Literature

just got this for xmas, but yet to crack into it

that would be one DENSE reading list I am sure!
Old 01.22.2020, 05:12 PM   #5824
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
that would be one DENSE reading list I am sure!
he never forced anyone to read anything!

anyway check out his BIBLIOTECA PERSONAL for his book reviews/recommendations.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2020, 01:13 PM   #5825
EmmaQ
empty page

EmmaQ has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Susan Choi "Trust Exercise". Really good novel. I love this author very much. She is a great woman and writer!
EmmaQ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2020, 09:17 AM   #5826
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaQ
Susan Choi "Trust Exercise". Really good novel. I love this author very much. She is a great woman and writer!
i really hope you're for real and not a copywriter fishing for SEO links

so, anyway, what’s this book about?
Old 02.04.2020, 04:56 PM   #5827
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Finished Alexander Hislop's The Two Babylons, from 1916, in which h exhaustively details the way that the Roman Catholic Church has framed old babylonian pagan beliefs as a christian religion, all while doing every NON-christian thing available. https://rxttbooks.blogspot.com/2020/...hant-down.html
Old 02.04.2020, 04:58 PM   #5828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Finished Alexander Hislop's The Two Babylons, from 1916, in which h exhaustively details the way that the Roman Catholic Church has framed old babylonian pagan beliefs as a christian religion, all while doing every NON-christian thing available. https://rxttbooks.blogspot.com/2020/...hant-down.html
“ The worst one is the Roman Catholic Church.”

hold on—you’ve never heard of southern baptists?

just saying

ok will continue the review

bar mitzvah

the holy roman empire was a germanic/ central european business, appointed themselves “protectors” of the church first with charlemagne

the papal states were a different story

i love the rage, boricua jesus. i dont know this hisop, maybe he was legit or maybe he just wanted a piece of the religious pie, but your personal righteous indignation is the real deal.
Old 02.04.2020, 05:31 PM   #5829
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
“ The worst one is the Roman Catholic Church.”

hold on—you’ve never heard of southern baptists?

l.

Southern Baptists have been in it to win it for just over 200 years. The Roman Catholic Church has been doing their evil for 1600 years.

thanks for clarification!
Old 02.04.2020, 05:38 PM   #5830
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Southern Baptists have been in it to win it for just over 200 years. The Roman Catholic Church has been doing their evil for 1600 years.

thanks for clarification!
historically already in 300 there were splinters and religious wars, “heresies” (arrianism), etc. not sure when the eastern churches split. habte used to know this shit from primary sources. it has never been a single thing. not sure when “catholic” proper began.

anyway though, we live in the present. i think protestantism’s good intentions also unleashed many deep atrocities that were worse. there’s a sort of obligatory moderation in being mainstream, and “personal interpretation” became a free for all. consider evangelicals in charge of u.s. nukes.... onwards christian soldiers (yikes).

funny story (not funny): i went to catholic school and the child molesters turned out to be the fucking civilian teachers! at least 2 were found out. also, some cub scouts asshole. the priests were ok.

i dodged those bullets but heard the gossip.

ANYWAY. keep fighting the good fight.
Old 02.04.2020, 06:17 PM   #5831
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
read The Bad Popes, it's hilarious. One of em was hanging, drunken, out of the window of his palace, excommunicating the fuck out of everybody while they were shooting arrows at him. Good times!!

https://www.amazon.com/bad-Popes-R-C.../dp/0880291168
Old 02.05.2020, 09:57 AM   #5832
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
historically already in 300 there were splinters and religious wars, “heresies” (arrianism), etc. not sure when the eastern churches split. habte used to know this shit from primary sources. it has never been a single thing. not sure when “catholic” proper began.

anyway though, we live in the present. i think protestantism’s good intentions also unleashed many deep atrocities that were worse. there’s a sort of obligatory moderation in being mainstream, and “personal interpretation” became a free for all. consider evangelicals in charge of u.s. nukes.... onwards christian soldiers (yikes).

funny story (not funny): i went to catholic school and the child molesters turned out to be the fucking civilian teachers! at least 2 were found out. also, some cub scouts asshole. the priests were ok.

i dodged those bullets but heard the gossip.

all you say is true, but not part of what the book covered,

Mr. Hislop was deeply offended by the 1865 Papal decree that Mary, wife of Joseph and mother of lil baby jeebus, was born and died a Virgin, and was born FROM a virgin, ideas wholly drawn from paganism and not part of the Bible in any way. He saw where that type of shit leads.
Old 02.05.2020, 09:58 AM   #5833
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:

to me protestantism was an attempt to go back to early christian days, but once churches are set up, and priests start collecting mad cash from the people, corruption always sets in.
Old 02.05.2020, 10:12 AM   #5834
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
all you say is true, but not part of what the book covered,

Mr. Hislop was deeply offended by the 1865 Papal decree that Mary, wife of Joseph and mother of lil baby jeebus, was born and died a Virgin, and was born FROM a virgin, ideas wholly drawn from paganism and not part of the Bible in any way. He saw where that type of shit leads.
ah, right. that was originally worked out by james frazier’s golden bough, yeah

but as opposed to protestants i think it’s cool as fuck that when the splinter jews set up their own monotheism in rome, rome squeezed the pantheon back into it in the form of saints and virgins and the bleeding sacred heart and all manner of gold robes and special effects and statues and shit. rome conquered judea, judea conquered rome, then they had a baby, lol.

monotheism is fucking boring! hahaha.

Quote:
to me protestantism was an attempt to go back to early christian days, but once churches are set up, and priests start collecting mad cash from the people, corruption always sets in.

yeha, when you look at the history of renaissance philosophy and the justifications each church found for splintering you realize how grotesque things got. i have an idea therefore i have a church. which is good for “freedom” i guess, but makes for some terrible religions.

this is how over the centuries we end up with the gospel of money or whatever the fuck some people believe in this country. “being rich means god loves you” basically. lololol.

Old 02.05.2020, 12:24 PM   #5835
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the ultimate con-game is telling people that you can guarantee somehow that, after they die, their non-verifiable, non-evidential, non-corporeal "soul" will get to go to a place of everlasting happiness.

No one will ever contradict you, because no one truly knows what happens upon death. No one will ever come back and ask for their money back, CUZ THEY R DEAD. ll the while, the con-artist/religion takes your money, provides you with nothing more than a social club every "sabbath", and the feeling that you are not tied to the evils you perpetrate, because the priest told you that he is certain you are one of the chosen few and that God has forgiven you.

billions of people are being lied to so that 4,000 priests/nuns/"pastors"/monks/bishops can rape children, rape women, birth bastards, force abortions, and hold the collective "salvation" of the human race in their hand as a bargaining chip. http://bishop-accountability.org/pri...astName-F.html

fuck this shit makes me so ANGRY!!!
Old 02.05.2020, 02:12 PM   #5836
ilduclo
invito al cielo

Read some more funny western religious tripe, Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God by Jonathan Edwards. The Calvinists had some great death bed behavior, they’d hang around the dying asking about whether God had revealed if they were among the saved. Real great folk in Early America....
Old 02.05.2020, 10:10 PM   #5837
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ah yeah the big myth of the soul. if there’s one after death it probably disintegrates in bardo.

whatever we call “soul” i consider a temporary aggregate arising from shifting phenomena—here today, gone tomorrow, never the same.

i believe in the no-self. meaning that the self is temporary and mutable, not essential.

i mean, it’s practical to have a self for social life (with a passport and a birth certificate and all), but beyond that, if i may say so, i do not wanna fucking live forever, i just wanna compost—the true meaning of reincarnation is the worm lol.
Old 02.12.2020, 03:24 PM   #5838
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

finished Chris Wilson's novel/satire MISCHIEF http://rxttbooks.blogspot.com/2020/0...e-for-our.html
Old 02.16.2020, 02:16 PM   #5839
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
A script of Royall Tyler's play "The Contrast" - intending to write an exam for the lecture "Early Performance Culture in America" soon. It's... rough to say the least.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2020, 02:26 PM   #5840
ilduclo
invito al cielo

about 2/3 thru this

well written and engaging, but not as in depth nor insightful as I'd hoped for, but still valuable history

https://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/b...o20517118.html
242282289290291 292 293294295 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth