samantha.
little trouble girl

samantha. has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Washing Machine.
samantha. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 11:57 PM   #22
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

IntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to all
Washing Machine
Old 05.10.2006, 02:22 AM   #23
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
washing machine big time.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 04:37 AM   #24
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Machine, it got me thru college
Old 05.10.2006, 07:30 AM   #25
andycherry
empty page

andycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's assesandycherry kicks all y'all's asses
washing machine way way way over NYC ghosts & flowers.

xoxo
andy
andycherry is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 08:22 AM   #26
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
it's been so long since we've had a decent sy discussion that i think i'll do a good post now.

for once, i can't really vote on this thread because i don't have either album, however i know many of the songs on them, plus i have bootlegs where they play many of the songs in these albums.

washing machine is considered a return to their more arty and experimental nature, nycg&f in a way relates to that same sense in that their song structures went away from the pop rock ones. wm does have one of the most beloved and simply plain "best ever" sy songs, the diamond sea, which makes it a fan favorite by that and that alone, yet it's charm doesn't end there because many more of those songs are amazing and underrated, and i mean underrated since the band has been discontinued to play them live, which is a shame. in a way, wm is sort of an evolution and sofistication of experiemental jet set trash & no star.

nycg&f is pretty abstract and it shows more of their process (as documented by the first 3 album on the syr series) than their songwriting process. i like side2side, renegade princess, lightnin', nycg&f...as i said before, i've heard just the live version and they seem fantastic to me.

well anyway, that's my opinion.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:22 AM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The Diamond Sea is the single most beautiful skronk ever put on tape , twenty minutes of heaven.

it is what life should sound like.
diamond sea is the world in our minds
the diamond sea is the mirror we all look at ourselves in, with all it's illusions.

The diamond sea is heaven.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth