Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.25.2016, 11:55 AM   #1401
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
the question is what are the reasons for the right wing backlash thats been steadily building?

some of it is displaced class anger and resentment

some of it is a white geronotocracy growing senile, paranoid and self indulgent.

most of it it is psychological dislocation brought about by technology which is misunderstood and directed at "elites"
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 12:08 PM   #1402
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
also, it all comes down to baudrillard.

you have 2 basic narratives of reality being sold to people who can chose which to buy, and they are diverging so much that its becoming impossible for any kind of consensual reality to be agreed upon. the trumpenproletarians will claim it was rigged, and its becoming ever more difficult for their to be an official narrative, which trump, the liar, is exploiting
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 12:18 PM   #1403
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
the question is what are the reasons for the right wing backlash thats been steadily building?

some of it is displaced class anger and resentment

some of it is a white geronotocracy growing senile, paranoid and self indulgent.

most of it it is psychological dislocation brought about by technology which is misunderstood and directed at "elites"
YES. all 3.

Quote:

you have 2 basic narratives of reality being sold to people who can chose which to buy, and they are diverging so much that its becoming impossible for any kind of consensual reality to be agreed upon. the trumpenproletarians will claim it was rigged, and its becoming ever more difficult for their to be an official narrative, which trump, the liar, is exploiting

and yes, this is the right-wing media issue pointed by the article i linked.

sure the so-called "liberal" american media has massive first-world capitalist bias already, but the wingnuts are on a whole new level of fantasyland that defies comprehension by rational minds. this is why for the first time in ages democrats are winning "college educated whites". big intellectual divorce there, dont' know how it will settle.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 01:55 PM   #1404
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.npr.org/2016/08/12/489499...ducated-voters (this is over 2 months old but looks at the education gap)
Old 10.25.2016, 05:16 PM   #1405
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i mean some people have kings as national symbols but a king who actually rules a nation these days we call a dictator.

It's good to be king, if just for a while. To be there in velvet, yeah, to give 'em a smile. It's good to get high and never come down. It's good to be king of your own little town.

Yeah, the world would swing if I were king. Can I help it if I still dream time to time?

It's good to be king and have your own way. Get a feeling of peace at the end of the day. And when your bulldog barks and your canary sings, you're out there with winners, it's good to be king.

Yeah I'll be king when dogs get wings. Can I help it if I still dream time to time?

It's good to be king and have your own world. It helps to make friends, it's good to meet girls: a sweet little queen who can't run away. It's good to be king, whatever it pays.

Excuse me if I have some place in my mind where I go time to time...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 05:40 PM   #1406
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Pretty fucking well said.

And that's the rub, really. Trump is manipulating the public's feeling of helplessness, and exploiting that feeling by adding to it... yes, feeding them a version of realty that gives them the impression that someone out here wants to expose what's really going on. But just by believing it, they're becoming even more detached from reality as it truly is, and more invested in the narratives they're fed.

Trump is, if nothing else, a successful *cekebrity* (not business man, not philanthropist, not politician). He knows how to spin and how tease useful narratives out of shit situations. And I don't trust the American people enough to believe that they'll see that all Trump is offering them is MORE of what he claims he wants to fight. He's betting on people not being able to make that connection.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 05:49 PM   #1407
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ yes but if you read the article i linked youll see that trump is not the creator of that narrative but rather its beneficiary

fox news, breitbart, limbaugh in the 90s... theyre the ones that have been spinning those alt-realities/hyperrealities for decades now

trump is just cashing in on them
Old 10.25.2016, 05:57 PM   #1408
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
At worst, and for all we know, she is guilty of mismanagement of information and perhaps being a goofy old bitty who isn't very tech-savvy.
Everyone needs to shut the fuck up about the goddamn emails. .

Why do they have to shut up? It shows a blatant disregard for basic security. And she wasn't some peon at Home Depot, she was SecState, if anyone should understand security it should have been her. She put Federal Classified material on an unsecure network. It is an example, like her phone, that she doesn't have to follow the rules. What has she ever done except vote for every version of the patriot act?

She set up the private server in order to complete Pay to Play between herself and the Clinton Foundation.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 06:57 PM   #1409
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Pretty fucking well said.

And that's the rub, really. Trump is manipulating the public's feeling of helplessness, and exploiting that feeling by adding to it... yes, feeding them a version of realty that gives them the impression that someone out here wants to expose what's really going on. But just by believing it, they're becoming even more detached from reality as it truly is, and more invested in the narratives they're fed.

Trump is, if nothing else, a successful *cekebrity* (not business man, not philanthropist, not politician). He knows how to spin and how tease useful narratives out of shit situations. And I don't trust the American people enough to believe that they'll see that all Trump is offering them is MORE of what he claims he wants to fight. He's betting on people not being able to make that connection.

how long did you have to think about this post? Im guessing you didn't have to think about it at all.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2016, 07:03 PM   #1410
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
intellectually and politically you guys are just masturbating yr own fantasies and egos at this point. losers with no effect at all. your just another bum fuck book worm nerd reader not doing a damn thing! fuck all you guys!!
Old 10.25.2016, 07:18 PM   #1411
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Why do they have to shut up? It shows a blatant disregard for basic security. And she wasn't some peon at Home Depot, she was SecState, if anyone should understand security it should have been her. She put Federal Classified material on an unsecure network. It is an example, like her phone, that she doesn't have to follow the rules. What has she ever done except vote for every version of the patriot act?

She set up the private server in order to complete Pay to Play between herself and the Clinton Foundation.

Ugh. The Clinton Foundation scare tactics are soooo four months ago. The foundations has been investigated, and again there is no evidence of it being anything other than a fucking charity. And a pretty damn successful one at that. No misappropriation of funds was discovered. It was all just absolute bluster.

And she actually didn't place the emails on an "unsecure" server. They were essentially on a VPN. Extremely private. You've got it all backwards. She had to turn over the emails from the secure private server to public officials during Benghazi. And she did. And what was found? Nothing of any consequence.

Not saying nothing unethical happened in either instance, but the investigations yielded no evidence of anything like that, so .... moving on.

I have a work email address and anpersonal email address like most folks probably do. The professional address is a perk of the job. As a journalist I deal with a lot of secure and private information and communicate on a regular basis with mayors, the offices of state representatives, cops, etc. I have a work-issue phone that I'm allowed to set up my personal email on. And guess what? Sometimes, I accidentally write to my editor with my personal email, or write to my mom and dad with my work email when I'm using the AppleMail client.

People should shut up about it because it's non-news, and has no bearing on HRC's ability to be president. Also because ishe Fucking cooperated with authorities every step of the way, and the Feds cleared her.

Again... moving... on.
Old 10.25.2016, 07:21 PM   #1412
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
intellectually and politically you guys are just masturbating yr own fantasies and egos at this point. losers with no effect at all. your just another bum fuck book worm nerd reader not doing a damn thing! fuck all you guys!!

All your posts eventually include jerking off and taking shits.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 10.25.2016, 07:21 PM   #1413
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
how long did you have to think about this post? Im guessing you didn't have to think about it at all.

Hey that's great.
Old 10.25.2016, 07:29 PM   #1414
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
All your posts eventually include jerking off and taking shits.

that's funny but, im not trolling. im for real!! please, post more of yr scum bag shit. 2 years from now you'll still hate the system.

lost cause here. go back to collecting various Bob Dylan bootlegs and concerts and jerking off to obscure female cute performers who satisfy yr old school conservative values of how music should be. pervert lib tard!
Old 10.25.2016, 07:32 PM   #1415
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
^^ yes but if you read the article i linked youll see that trump is not the creator of that narrative but rather its beneficiary

fox news, breitbart, limbaugh in the 90s... theyre the ones that have been spinning those alt-realities/hyperrealities for decades now

trump is just cashing in on them

I'm not giving the guy an author credit. I'm just saying his recent over reliance on the "rigged election" accusations are playing into fears and insecurities that he knows damn well are there. Naw, he's not the architect of the greater narrative. That began long ago as you said.

But it's still sad that he's finding any foothold at all with this tactic. "Everyman Donald Trump" here to pull the curtain back on the corrupt system... for us! ... People buy that -- why, I couldn't begin to say -- and again it boggles the mind how willing people are to accept this guy's promises. Do none of these untrusting, disaffected anti-government voters not wonder why on earth they should trust what THIS political hopeful is saying?

It's almost like half the nation had no real idea of who Trump was prior to his bid. Like they think... "hmm, wealthy, successful, powerful" and that's the extent of their mental scheme for Le Donald. Did none of these people live through the '80s and '90s?
Old 10.25.2016, 07:36 PM   #1416
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
that's funny but, im not trolling. im for real!! please, post more of yr scum bag shit. 2 years from now you'll still hate the system.

lost cause here. go back to collecting Bob Dylan bootlegs and concerts and jerking off to obscure female cute performers who satisfy yr old school conservative values of how music should be. l

I genuinely don't believe you have any clue who you're taking to or what you're accusing them of. Not trusting the government? Scum bag shit? Musical conservatism? You've lost your own thread.

What if there was a forum that was ALL trolls? Just running around in a field, nipping at each other's heels? Wouldn't that be nice? I'll bet there is one actually. You could go there!
Old 10.25.2016, 07:40 PM   #1417
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
I genuinely don't believe you have any clue who you're taking to or what you're accusing them of. Not trusting the government? Scum bag shit? Musical conservatism? You've lost your own thread.

What if there was a forum that was ALL trolls? Just running around in a field, nipping at each other's heels? Wouldn't that be nice? I'll bet there is one actually. You could go there!

da fuck!!! what are you talking about? troll wha who what!?!?!
Old 10.25.2016, 07:47 PM   #1418
pepper_green
Banned

man, you guys are sickly crazy. like the right hand talking to the left and agreeing on everything and nothing going around in circles debating about nothing. one big circle jerk for the last three pages.

all fingers on keyboards all ego involved.

pretty well said dude! high five!!! yeah bro, well said.
Old 10.25.2016, 08:17 PM   #1419
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
man, you guys are sickly crazy. like the right hand talking to the left and agreeing on everything and nothing going around in circles debating about nothing. one big circle jerk for the last three pages.

all fingers on keyboards all ego involved.

pretty well said dude! high five!!! yeah bro, well said.

Old 10.25.2016, 08:21 PM   #1420
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Can it be done without FL? ...Yeah, what the hell.

61686970 71 72737481121171 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth