Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.16.2015, 07:41 PM   #38681
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
been tired and down right fatigue, complete lethargic. having a hard time keeping up with conversations and get lost in a group. mostly just feel like going to sleep and sometimes I do esp if this socializing takes place outside sitting down. no one bats an eye besides the harmless joke and teasing here and there. it might be the weather. but just maybe stress or not really caring about anything anyone talks about.

great place to post this huh?! its not a facade or a statement. I just really tired.

also too old to get mad anymore and lash out. been taking advantage of lately by friends. mostly money. I give people lots of money that would help me out in life. hundreds of dollars that I work hard for to give for car problems rent problems and not get anything in return. like just ignored. etc...
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2015, 02:55 PM   #38682
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
So I had my third Dj gig the other day. It was met with almost universal acclaim. But I had this guy explain to me how spoiled Djs these days are and how back in the day he'd carry around two cases full of CDs and yadda yadda yadda.

Then there was this other guy who told me that I should play more "dancable" stuff and asked me why I'm mostly playing B-sides. I told him that there are more than enough events that happily oblige to this same-old floorfiller mentality.

I partly created this event because I was frustrated with the way most goth-events around here treat their musical repertoire. Frequenting them, one could think all of those bands only ever released one or two songs. No wild cards, no innovation in their setlists. It's not that I didn't play any classics, but it's also one of my trademarks to try new things and give some well-deserved love to overlooked gems.

But I'm really glad that several people commended me for doing exactly that. I certainly put a lot of time and effort into it and it's always nice to actually see it get some credit.

congrats for all that.

but i'm also curious about the videos you played!

cmon, you got us involved. now tell.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2015, 03:40 PM   #38683
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
congrats for all that.

but i'm also curious about the videos you played!

cmon, you got us involved. now tell.

Yes. I initially wanted to use the Cocteau version of Beauty and the Beast as my first feature film. But I then opted for the 1921 Swedish film Körkarlen aka The Phantom Carriage.

I used the Cabinet of Jan Svankmajer by the Brothers Quay in its entirety. People were spellbound. I also used clips of Young Frankenstein, thanks again for reminding me of that. I've downloaded a lot of the things that have been recommended to me, but haven't gotten around to use some of them yet. Lucifer Rising by Kenneth Anger was also initially slated to be shown, but I encountered some problems with the running time.

But I have plenty of clips I can show the next time around now. That definitely saves me a lot of time. My next gig will most likely take place in July or August. The Color of Pomgranates is a definite lock for my next list.

I thank everyone for participating and want you guys to know that I've bookmarked our past conversation, so I can always come back and take a look-see. Tarkovsky's Stalker is a hot contender for next time's feature film.

I'm currently working on a list of all the clips I've used. There was a lot of old-timey stock footage courtesy of the British Pathé and the Kino Library in there. I also used some animated shorts like Mark Osborne's MORE. I'll put the list up as soon as I've finished it.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2015, 05:15 PM   #38684
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yes. I initially wanted to use the Cocteau version of Beauty and the Beast as my first feature film. But I then opted for the 1921 Swedish film Körkarlen aka The Phantom Carriage.

I used the Cabinet of Jan Svankmajer by the Brothers Quay in its entirety. People were spellbound. I also used clips of Young Frankenstein, thanks again for reminding me of that. I've downloaded a lot of the things that have been recommended to me, but haven't gotten around to use some of them yet. Lucifer Rising by Kenneth Anger was also initially slated to be shown, but I encountered some problems with the running time.

But I have plenty of clips I can show the next time around now. That definitely saves me a lot of time. My next gig will most likely take place in July or August. The Color of Pomgranates is a definite lock for my next list.

I thank everyone for participating and want you guys to know that I've bookmarked our past conversation, so I can always come back and take a look-see. Tarkovsky's Stalker is a hot contender for next time's feature film.

I'm currently working on a list of all the clips I've used. There was a lot of old-timey stock footage courtesy of the British Pathé and the Kino Library in there. I also used some animated shorts like Mark Osborne's MORE. I'll put the list up as soon as I've finished it.

How about Man With A Movie Camera?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2015, 07:03 PM   #38685
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
How about Man With A Movie Camera?

It certainly would make for some nice visuals. I'll consider it. Appreciate your input.

Old 05.18.2015, 01:52 PM   #38686
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wow i had never heard of the phantom carriage-- i'll have to check that out! also the color of pomegranates. wow!

as for vertov-- he probably would have found your goth gigs romantic and highly counterrevolutionary ha ha ha-- he wanted to turn citizens into machines
Old 05.18.2015, 02:08 PM   #38687
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
wow i had never heard of the phantom carriage-- i'll have to check that out! also the color of pomegranates. wow!

as for vertov-- he probably would have found your goth gigs romantic and highly counterrevolutionary ha ha ha-- he wanted to turn citizens into machines

Aww man, that film is fucking hard work.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2015, 02:16 PM   #38688
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Aww man, that film is fucking hard work.

which one? i think i don't understand what you mean by "hard work"-- hard to watch or a great achievement?

oh wait the color of pomegranates-- i see the boldface now. read the wikipedia entry on it and i don't expect it to entertain me but i'm ultra curious.
Old 05.18.2015, 02:44 PM   #38689
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:

Interestingly enough though, his work has a very experimental and free vibe to it. Something that is also echoed in Russian photography around and after the October revolution. Aleksandr Rodchenko comes to mind. His angles were exceptional.

Old 05.18.2015, 03:02 PM   #38690
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh wait the color of pomegranates-- i see the boldface now. read the wikipedia entry on it and i don't expect it to entertain me but i'm ultra curious.

I'm only gonna use a fragment of it though.

Old 05.18.2015, 03:05 PM   #38691
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Interestingly enough though, his work has a very experimental and free vibe to it. Something that is also echoed in Russian photography around and after the October revolution. Aleksandr Rodchenko comes to mind. His angles were exceptional.

hell yes, he was as experimental as they come, fantastic visuals, but ideologically he was committed diametrically elsewhere-- the movie itself condemns things like lipstick, if i recall. it's been a few years since i last saw it but with him it's all about being a good worker for the revolution.

if you use him he'll start turning in his grave ha ha ha. use him! :P
Old 05.18.2015, 03:21 PM   #38692
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:
hell yes, he was as experimental as they come, fantastic visuals, but ideologically he was committed diametrically elsewhere-- the movie itself condemns things like lipstick, if i recall. it's been a few years since i last saw it but with him it's all about being a good worker for the revolution.

Yeah, like many of his contemporaries. This dichotomy of artistic freedom and extreme ideological views is fascinating to say the least. I love the visual techniques of the movie, but you're right that it might not be all too fitting for such an event.

Oh and you really should check The Phantom Carriage out. It is a very impressive feat for its time. Visually it is quite similar to many German Expressionist films of that time, but without all the over the top facial expressions and camera-mugging. In fact, the acting is quite restrained and remarkably true to life. And the overlay effects that were used to make the actors appear ghostly must have been a lot of work back then. They are still beautiful to look at today.

Old 05.18.2015, 03:26 PM   #38693
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
My coworker's phone must be connected to every social medium out there. It buzzes every 30 seconds. What the hell. it's like Chinese water torture.

I found this phone buzz sound effect online. I'm going to start retaliating pretty soon.
Old 05.18.2015, 03:42 PM   #38694
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

wasnt alexander rodchenko Worf's son on Star Trek?
Old 05.18.2015, 03:44 PM   #38695
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

ha ha-- i can't remember though it sounds familiar. i was talking about vertov though.
Old 05.18.2015, 03:44 PM   #38696
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, I need some help over here. I'm going crazy.
Old 05.18.2015, 03:48 PM   #38697
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Hey, I need some help over here. I'm going crazy.

is this a new job? who is the neighbor?
Old 05.18.2015, 03:49 PM   #38698
gmku
invito al cielo

Same old job, new neighbor. I don't want to be too stinky about it, though, because she's a good worker. But goddamn that phone noise! And goddamn the cubicle life. Maybe I need to retire and go work at Walmart.
Old 05.18.2015, 03:55 PM   #38699
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Same old job, new neighbor. I don't want to be too stinky about it, though, because she's a good worker. But goddamn that phone noise! And goddamn the cubicle life. Maybe I need to retire and go work at Walmart.

just adopt a really folksy and friendly manner while you make deadly threats

well no just introduce this new coworker to the office culture of keeping the fucking noise down.

really i don't know. i'm a cranky fucker. i'd act crazy an dyell CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THAT GODDAMN NOISE.

i almost shot a neighbor's dog several times due to noise. i only stopped because it was a nice dog with an asshole owner. shooting the owner would have been the thing to do, but i don't like the prospect of jail time.
Old 05.18.2015, 03:57 PM   #38700
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Had to google Worf's son. Ha ha. It's Rozhenko, but I do have to admit their names sound similar. One wonders if one of the writers of The Next Generation was really into experimental Soviet photographers.

1435183518851925193219331934 1935 193619371938194519852035 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth