Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page the Nirvana post-mortem sell-out begins or continues
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.23.2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
from Pitchfork. You think that courtney love will finally alow for the extra footage from year punk broke to be released? the stupid syphilitic whore.

Last year, when Courtney Love sold a 25% share of her stake in the Nirvana publishing catalog to music publisher Larry Mestel, a guy who would help her with licensing matters, she told Rolling Stone, "We're going to remain very tasteful, and we're going to [retain] the spirit of Nirvana and take Nirvana places it's never been before."
Well, we sure hope Kurt Cobain was a baseball fan, because Nirvana's "Breed" has turned up on the soundtrack to 2K Sports' Major League Baseball 2K7 video game, due out February 27. The song will also appear in the television commercial for the game. Apparently, this is the first time a Nirvana song has been licensed for an ad.
But the Nirvana song isn't the only intersting thing about the MLB 2K7 music. Following in the footsteps of their Sub Pop-sound tracked hockey game, quality hip-hop-based basketball one and the Matador-friendly MLB 2K6, the 2K folks have assembled a stellar collection of tunes for MLB 2K7, including songs by the Stooges, Pixies, the Specials, Les Savy Fav, the Thermals, Death From Above 1979, the Walkmen, Tapes 'n Tapes, Bishop Allen, and Wolfmother.
Old 02.23.2007, 01:05 PM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
stupid fucking bitch!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh boy I smell trouble.
Old 02.23.2007, 02:21 PM   #4
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
from Pitchfork. You think that courtney love will finally alow for the extra footage from year punk broke to be released? the stupid syphilitic whore.

Last year, when Courtney Love sold a 25% share of her stake in the Nirvana publishing catalog to music publisher Larry Mestel, a guy who would help her with licensing matters, she told Rolling Stone, "We're going to remain very tasteful, and we're going to [retain] the spirit of Nirvana and take Nirvana places it's never been before."
Well, we sure hope Kurt Cobain was a baseball fan, because Nirvana's "Breed" has turned up on the soundtrack to 2K Sports' Major League Baseball 2K7 video game, due out February 27. The song will also appear in the television commercial for the game. Apparently, this is the first time a Nirvana song has been licensed for an ad.
But the Nirvana song isn't the only intersting thing about the MLB 2K7 music. Following in the footsteps of their Sub Pop-sound tracked hockey game, quality hip-hop-based basketball one and the Matador-friendly MLB 2K6, the 2K folks have assembled a stellar collection of tunes for MLB 2K7, including songs by the Stooges, Pixies, the Specials, Les Savy Fav, the Thermals, Death From Above 1979, the Walkmen, Tapes 'n Tapes, Bishop Allen, and Wolfmother.

That's because Courtney believes in geurilla advertising and feels that you should distribute music in any means neccessary. Why retain the spirits of an artist through a record label? Haven't they released enough albums after Kurt's death? Well, I guess she just took the opportunity she had. It's pretty rediculous to license a song to an MLB game though, since there are plenty of other methods of unconventional distribution that will hit the crowds just as much.
Old 02.23.2007, 02:46 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
inhuman, she is a worthless cunt waste of human life, stupid junkie druga ddled bitch whoring herself and her dead husband whom she murdered the fucking bitch

the stupid cunt blew all her money on drugs and living large and needs more money and she is a stupid fuck and she will not allow sonic youth to release Year Punk Broke on DVD which is LONG overdue because she wants money from them and they don;t have that much and she is a fucking cancer upon music and a pox on her and I hope she dies and that her daughter is taken care of by a loving nanny, which is the best you can hope for.
Old 02.23.2007, 02:58 PM   #6
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not supporting her in anyway Rob. It's just the coincidence that I read a 13-page statement she wrote about music piracy. I think she's a terrible person.
Old 02.23.2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I know inhumans. None of that was aimed at you
Can you tell i feel very strongly about this? especially my beloved year punk broke 1991 of which I own three VHS just in case my VCR eats one?

curioous though and maybe some of you here with more knowledge about publishing rights and so on can help me,.

when someone such as cunt-knee Luv sells "25%" of the licensing rights, does that mean she sold off specifically a quarter of the songs, and if so how are those songs determined? Or does it mean that she has sold off like a corporation selling stock, ????
I am confused. stupid fucking lawyers.
Old 02.23.2007, 08:42 PM   #8
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the man is dead, get over it.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Mildred Pierce
little trouble girl

Mildred Pierce ain't too shabby
Cobain was no basketball or baseball or any sport fan, Nirvana music doesnt belong in adds, though Bobby Dylan said in the 60s that he would never let his songs be used in adds, offcourse Dylan appeared in a ladies underwear add a view years ago. True to yourself, I think that is what you should call it...

http://www.myspace.com/judyandthecrackheads
Mildred Pierce is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 12:10 AM   #10
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
not that i have an opinion or nothing, but in the link is a series of four pictures of Courtney going back to December

http://goldenfiddle.com/node/6830

that is the new face of Capitalism
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 12:21 AM   #11
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
fuckin' cracked-out hamface. i am no beauty, but jesus.
Old 02.24.2007, 12:24 AM   #12
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
fuckin' cracked-out hamface. i am no beauty, but jesus.
well if you ain't no beauty then why am i with you
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 12:28 AM   #13
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
well if you ain't no beauty then why am i with you

um...you want to some day drown me in the bathtub and get rich selling
off my snoopy collection on ebay? i mean, i always assumed that was
why.
Old 02.24.2007, 01:47 AM   #14
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Let's not forget the "Dead Kennedys" sans' Jello were going to sell the rights to "Holiday in Cambodia" to a Nike commerical, alas that didn't end up happening but they still sold "Police Truck" to the first Tony Hawk video game and "Kill the Poor" for the soundtrack of "SLC Punk" But you know what it comes to show, the older something gets the less worth its worth, hell they sold Audrey Hepburn's image to a fucking jeans commerical, forget artist's work even thier own faces become just another product.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 02:59 AM   #15
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Breed on 2K7 fucking rules.

These sports games actually have some pretty good tunes on them......you really jam to them once you get into the game.
Old 02.24.2007, 03:09 AM   #16
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
its her thats stopping 'The Year Punk Broke' getting released? Damn now i have a reason to hate her.

I always wondered what has taken so long with that DVD
Old 02.24.2007, 03:28 AM   #17
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
thats nice.

but the root of what we are discussing here isnt wether or not breed is a good song fun to listen to during a sports video game....

what does this say to potential fans about (1)...nirvana's music...and (2) the kind of individual kurt cobain was?

can you answer this?
Potential fans? I have no idea. Anybody playing the game and who has heard Nirvana or love the band will surely love the song being in the game.

If one wants to know what kind of person Kurt was then they should listen to his music, do some research, or see his personality in Live Tonight or TYPB.
Old 02.24.2007, 03:33 AM   #18
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I get mad at the new Nike commercial that uses Mozart's Requiem.

But Nirvana is PERFECT for a sports video game.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 08:12 AM   #19
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
the man is dead, get over it.
I love you.
Old 02.24.2007, 09:44 AM   #20
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
fuck it.

theres notthing you can really do about this kind of thing can you?
unfortunately mere mortals like us are powerless against the like of Mrs Love.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth