Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Okay, who owns an Electro Harmonix Q-tron?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2006, 11:16 PM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
I wanna make sure i have all the facts about this thing before I buy it. Like, what is the difference between the Q-tron and the Q-tron +? Can you put batteries inside it? And does the regular Q-tron have a function that wahs the sound as you pick the string, like detects when you attack the string?
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 11:53 PM   #2
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Ehx's description of the Q-Tron +

The ultimate envelope follower
Same as the original Q-Tron but with added Effects Loop and Attack Response Switch. The Effects Loop lets you place an additional effect between the Q-Tron+'s preamp and filter section without changing the envelope drive. The added Response Switch lets the player choose between a slow, smooth, vowel-like attack and the fast, snaked response of the original Q-Tron.

Both the Q-tron and the Q-tron+ are envelope follower pedals, so they both respond to your attack, that is what an envelope control does.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 01:02 AM   #3
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

DoubleNickels ain't too shabby
I am actually selling my old Qtron.

There is no battery. You have a wallwart for the power supply.

The way it works is like this. Think of volume as a person. The effect is a door. The louder you get, the more a person pushes on the door. The more the person pushes, the door opens bigger. The more volume sent, the bigger the effect is.

But yeah. If you don't know what the Q+ does, odds are you don't actually need it.
Old 07.05.2006, 01:13 AM   #4
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
EHX has lots of sound samples on their page.

It would be fun to have one, but I doubt I'd use it much.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 02:26 AM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah dude, drug music.
Old 07.05.2006, 02:39 AM   #6
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
oh I pretty much know the effect it makes. It reproduces the Mutron III envelope filter sound
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth