Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Clearing The Eye - Isis DVD : comments?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2006, 01:18 PM   #1
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Did anyone get this?
I'm quite interested, but it's 27 euros in stores and I have no credit card for an internet order, so I was wondering if any of you kind boarders can tell me if it's worth buying.
Unfortunately my favourite isis album is the latest, and those songs are not featured in the dvd (but panopticon was really good too...).
Well, I'll probably get it anyway, but if you have any comments to this release share them here.
On a side note, did anyone get Paik's DVD too?
I don't feel like opening another thread for that, assuming isis fans know/like paik too....bah.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 01:13 PM   #2
Pires
empty page

Pires is a jewel in the roughPires is a jewel in the roughPires is a jewel in the rough
I don't know paik...who are they?
Anyway, I love Isis and I bought Clearing the Eye for 20€ here in Portugal. If you are a fan, no matter what album you like more, you're going to love it.
Pires is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 01:46 PM   #3
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Hey Pires! I meant to bump this thread, I bought both dvds... Yes, Clearing the Eye is simply amazing, I really love it, the higher the volume the better it gets... paik are a sort of "post rock" band, but their records (at least from the 2nd album on) are quite strange... www.beyonderrecords.com if you want to check them out. Their dvd has BAD image quality, but sound is good and it's a surreal experience seeing them play live, the guitarist looks like he's just there standing and not doing much, but the sounds that come out of his guitar are amazing and mesmerizing... I think it's more a "fans only" release than "clearing the eye", but whorth a view... I had a favorable euro-dollar change, so I bought it and did not regret doing it.
Old 02.15.2007, 01:50 PM   #4
nicfit
invito al cielo

Honestly I have no idea why i said that isis fans probably know paik too, they are two quite different bands...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth