Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2018, 01:22 PM   #9101
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha

im in the US and i never do

i watch german football instead— bayern just spanked monchengladbach 5-1, and they’re 8 hours ahead of my time zone.

can’t really get behind the stupid MLS with its stupid rules. doesn’t feel serious. like: no relegation or promotion. like: incomprehensible “conferences” that don’t make any sense. like: banning member ownership. like: no academies or youth teams. like: idiotic recruiting systems. like: waiting to hire people out of college when they’re too old. like: the draft system. like: trying to make it more like the other american sports, which robs the beautiful game of its character. so it doesn’t appeal to me at all.

this is why the best american player, christian pulisic, plays in dortmund. shit here’s just not serious.

plus i wouldn’t even know where to watch, lol. maybe i’d need a cable channel? no idea.

there are fans though. and rivalries and everything, like seattle vs portland—the fans go nuts.

i used to go watch dc united games at the stadium when i lived in dc, but i left the area and that ended for me... now i think i’d need to go to utah or something. lol. ah shit, i miss going to the stadium. don’t care for the league itself though.

and since there are no lower leagues or anything, there isn’t even a small local team i could go watch. pretty dismal.

new mexico does have a minor league baseball team. unfortunately i’m not into that sport, lol. it’s like watching golf or something.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2018, 04:38 AM   #9102
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'll come back to you later, don't have much time this morning.
All I'm saying for now is that this afternoon it's PSV - Ajax. This is always the match of the year, but today if PSV wins they will be the champions for the year.
And I actually live in Eindhoven (and only like 10 minutes from the stadium), but I'll be travelling to somewhere near Amsterdam today by train. When I come back in the evening and I reach the Eindhoven train station it will either be the biggest party of the year, or like a funeral.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2018, 10:25 AM   #9103
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
amazing schalke victory over dortmund in today’s revierderby (“revier” cuz they’re both from the same industrial ruhr valley). or mybe amazing dortmund defeat cuz they themselves sucked? the schalke goals were great btw, the first one knocked the camera behind the net and made for a great shot ha ha ha. the 2nd was a free kick by naldo so fast the keeper just saw it fly by like lightning.

anyway the new dortmund coach (peter stoger, ex-cologne) seems to me in trouble. why can’t they win with him? i don’t know.

worst thing it looks like batshuayi has an injured ankle (i’m writing this while they treat him). he’s crying like it’s broken.

with this result schalke leaps ahead to 2nd place on the table. where they haven’t been in ages.

the new schalke coach is great—young unknown guy basically.

last year’s derby started with dortmund beating them 4-0 and halftime and schalke came back to tie 4-4.

schalke stadium going bananas right now. looks like nobody leaving.

====

SO: biggest party of the year or funeral?
OH! you must be getting shitfaced in the streets now. congrats!! xD
Old 04.16.2018, 04:56 PM   #9104
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Watched West Ham 1-1 Stoke

The point was valuable but the performance was a joke. Fact is we got lucky tonight.

I've defended Moyes up till now but, I'm sorry, playing 5 at the back at home against Stoke just isn't good enough. We were set us up like we were playing fucking Brazil!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2018, 03:53 AM   #9105
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Your post could basically be changed to say Everton instead. Grim.

It's also incredible how quick people change their minds. Joe Hart does a couple of good saves, all of a sudden seemingly everyone has forgotten how he's been this season and he's contender to go the wold cup. Last night flipped in back another 180.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2018, 05:35 AM   #9106
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
SO: biggest party of the year or funeral?
OH! you must be getting shitfaced in the streets now. congrats!! xD

I managed to escape the festivities, both nights I was in a different city. Sunday I was near Amsterdam, Monday I went to the bottom of the south, as far away as possible . God grief. I had to walk from my house through the city center yesterday afternoon to the train station. After 10 seconds I was already completely fed up with the loud noise everywhere and drunken shouting people. I'm not a party person, never was. I did not take any pictures of it in the afternoon (search on YT if you want to see, there should be plenty by now), but here are two of how the market square looked like on Monday night at 1AM (or Tuesday morning whatever) when I returned home.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7om682ugie...17_01.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxc89q9p7y...17_02.jpg?dl=0

posting pix via dropbox doesn't really work it seems, but when you click on them it should

Old 04.17.2018, 07:15 AM   #9107
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I managed to escape the festivities, both nights I was in a different city. Sunday I was near Amsterdam, Monday I went to the bottom of the south, as far away as possible . God grief. I had to walk from my house through the city center yesterday afternoon to the train station. After 10 seconds I was already completely fed up with the loud noise everywhere and drunken shouting people. I'm not a party person, never was. I did not take any pictures of it in the afternoon (search on YT if you want to see, there should be plenty by now), but here are two of how the market square looked like on Monday night at 1AM (or Tuesday morning whatever) when I returned home.

posting pix via dropbox doesn't really work it seems, but when you click on them it should

i remove the shit after the jpg extension. let’ see...

nope lol
Old 04.17.2018, 07:36 AM   #9108
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Your post could basically be changed to say Everton instead. Grim.

It's also incredible how quick people change their minds. Joe Hart does a couple of good saves, all of a sudden seemingly everyone has forgotten how he's been this season and he's contender to go the wold cup. Last night flipped in back another 180.

Hart must've now killed whatever chance he had of going to the WC.

West Ham's run in to the end of the season is horrible: playing Arsenal; Man City; Leicester and Man U before the final game against your lot. Allardyce would love to put the boot in on us in that final game. I really can see us getting zero points from now till the end of the season and all the teams below us have far better fixtures.

Squeaky bum time, I think.
Old 04.17.2018, 08:21 AM   #9109
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so demonyo what ever happened with the protests against the russian general who owns your club. did they fizzle out?
Old 04.17.2018, 09:27 AM   #9110
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Hart must've now killed whatever chance he had of going to the WC.
lol. I had to read this three times to understand. I thought you meant toilet.

nevermind, I have lack of sleep

Old 04.17.2018, 02:03 PM   #9111
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
so demonyo what ever happened with the protests against the russian general who owns your club. did they fizzle out?

It was called off because of arguments between different fan factions (remember the Life of Brian clip I linked?)

The day it was planned was the day the fans invaded the pitch and surrounded the directors' box. So it sort of happened but not in any official sense.
Old 04.17.2018, 02:06 PM   #9112
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
lol. I had to read this three times to understand. I thought you meant toilet.

Well he stank the place out last night, that's for sure.
Old 04.17.2018, 02:20 PM   #9113
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
It was called off because of arguments between different fan factions (remember the Life of Brian clip I linked?)

The day it was planned was the day the fans invaded the pitch and surrounded the directors' box. So it sort of happened but not in any official sense.
yeah sure, that was all over the news, but... that was it? no followup and nothing after?

you must be beyond disappointment, and into bitter despair...

my sincere condolences. is there any other team you could follow with some enjoyment? say something in the championship where you could attend games? maybe outside london? like.. where you live?

i’m terrible at masochism. i’m a huge quitter—oh yeah. i’ll dump a bitch, lol.
Old 04.17.2018, 03:25 PM   #9114
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
i’m a huge quitter—oh yeah. i’ll dump a bitch.

I never really chose her to begin with. West Ham are more like an embarrassing auntie to me, than anything else. You can't really dump her but at the same time you wish she wouldn't keep going out in public without her teeth in.

And as for supporting a team in the championship, that's exactly where West Ham's heading at this rate.

But a side of me definitely embraces the shittiness of it all. It comes with a certain humility and, crucially, a self deprecating sense of humour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfy05y5Ukw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_r6l_XYphY (click on 00:5 and 01:28)
Old 04.17.2018, 03:37 PM   #9115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I never really chose her to begin with. West Ham are more like an embarrassing auntie to me, than anything else. You can't really dump her but at the same time you wish she wouldn't keep going out in public without her teeth in.

And as for supporting a team in the championship, that's exactly where West Ham's heading at this rate.

But a side of me definitely embraces the shittiness of it all. It comes with a certain humility and, crucially, a self deprecating sense of humour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfy05y5Ukw
oh haaa haaa haaaaa haaa— daaaaamn!

damn damn damn. i guess embracing the inevitable is a good thing to learn in life ha ha ha ha.

i look at football teams more or less the way i look at bands because i’m not historically attached to what is available to me these days. “i like this music”. “i like that music”. that sort of thing. not a whole lot of identity in it for me— more of an aesthetic thing. the unbearable lightness of being, i guess!
Old 04.17.2018, 03:46 PM   #9116
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh haaa haaa haaaaa haaa— daaaaamn!

damn damn damn. i guess embracing the inevitable is a good thing to learn in life ha ha ha ha.

i look at football teams more or less the way i look at bands because i’m not historically attached to what is available to me these days. “i like this music”. “i like that music”. that sort of thing. not a whole lot of identity in it for me— more of an aesthetic thing. the unbearable lightness of being, i guess!

Yeah, that's fair enough. No way would I support West Ham if I hadn't grown up there, but at the same time I've always liked teams from big cities that've had to exist in the shadow of their bigger rivals ... so Man City over Man Utd, Everton over Liverpool, etc. So it's obviously in me to champion the underdog (not that Man City are exactly underdogs to Man U anymore).
Old 04.17.2018, 03:56 PM   #9117
demonrail666
invito al cielo

To understund the defeatist mentality at the core of west Ham, look at their anthem, 'Bubbles'

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

And what do they sing at Man U?

'Glory Glory Man Utd'

Says it all.
Old 04.17.2018, 04:00 PM   #9118
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oooh! the underdog network! that’s awesome. well sure, whenever possible, death to real, ha ha ha.

btw, if you like underdogs, schalke, the german specialist in failure (always 4th place or whatever) is on 2nd place right now and playing really nice. dortmund suffering at the moment— chelsea just asked them 50 million euros to keep batshuayi, who got injured in the weekend. poor dortmund! i hope they come back from this.

SO, world cup, is there gonna be a fantasy league or what.
Old 04.17.2018, 07:09 PM   #9119
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
oooh! the underdog network! that’s awesome. well sure, whenever possible, death to real, ha ha ha.

I do like underdogs but that's not saying I dislike the bigger clubs (I love Barcelona, after all). So I don't have a problem with Real. I didn't like them when Jose was there but that was ultimately about him, not them. I never had an issue with them before that, or after, except that I'm rarely that wowed by how they play now, so when they win the big trophies I can't get that excited. The underdog thing aside, I like teams that play the game the way I like watching it played (which is just a subjective preference for a particular style of play). So right now I'm loving Man City and Barcelona regardless of their status or even if they end up slipping up on occasions. I'll always go with genius over efficiency, even if efficiency ends up on top.

Quote:
btw, if you like underdogs, schalke, the german specialist in failure (always 4th place or whatever)

I don't know much about Schalke but it's not just the lack of success but being overshadowed by a bigger team from the same area.

Quote:
SO, world cup, is there gonna be a fantasy league or what.

I'm up for it but I'm not sure how many else here are.
Old 04.18.2018, 12:02 AM   #9120
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
The Bernabéu is gonna be an anti-Vidal cauldron. [...]

Forget I said anything. Guy's injured, out for the rest of the season.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
406446453454455 456 457458459466506556 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth