Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.22.2014, 12:52 PM   #5461
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Well there's a coupla things I've thought about re: Balotelli, Firstly there's a reason Milan got rid of him for £16mil, the guy is such a liability it's untrue. And it seems odd they've replaces one manchild with another.

Anyhoo at least the press now have a new player to hound.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2014, 04:21 PM   #5462
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
My first reaction was that Rodgers had lost his mind, and I still think there's an air of desperation about the signing, but I suppose the reality is he had to get someone in, and, at £16m, Balotelli probably represents quite good value compared with other forwards in that price bracket.

they will probably put him on for 5 minutes at a time, hope he scores, and sub him out

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Well there's a coupla things I've thought about re: Balotelli, Firstly there's a reason Milan got rid of him for £16mil, the guy is such a liability it's untrue. And it seems odd they've replaces one manchild with another.

Anyhoo at least the press now have a new player to hound.

people kept talking about suarez bite because that shit is so weird but balotelli's world cup performance was much worse.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2014, 06:40 PM   #5463
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
they will probably put him on for 5 minutes at a time, hope he scores, and sub him out

people kept talking about suarez bite because that shit is so weird but balotelli's world cup performance was much worse.

While clearly performance wise suarez had the better WC showing his bite was a worse shitting the bed than anything that happened or more particularly didnt happen for Italy. The problem woth suarez is because of his talent a lot of people mistakenly overlook his antics in a boys will be boys kind of excuse. Maybe its my bias, but in nfl and nba, especially those basketball players on the national team repping their,country, being the most talented player on your team or in your sport comes with a spotlight and so with significant leadership responsibilities.. in that regard suarez is one of the worst superstar athletes in world history. He squanders all the social capital that his talent builds with his poorsportsmanship and cheating in multiple big games.. while super mario likes to act the fool, its more a kind of shtick, its almost cute

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2014, 03:36 AM   #5464
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Honestly, I'm trying to recall and I can't think of anything Balotelli has done that's worse than what Suarez has done. Whether it be biting, deliberate handballs or ducking and diving like a stuntman in The Transporter.

Old 08.23.2014, 07:52 AM   #5465
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Suarez and Balotelli seem to occupy opposing poles on the madometer scale. Suarez is too competitive for his own good while Balotelli seems like the living embodiment of 'no shits were given'

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2014, 09:27 AM   #5466
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Suarez and Balotelli seem to occupy opposing poles on the madometer scale. Suarez is too competitive for his own good while Balotelli seems like the living embodiment of 'no shits were given'

yes!

Old 08.23.2014, 03:04 PM   #5467
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I must admit, I am quite fond of Super Mario's "Look How Many Fucks I Give" approach because its not cheating, more like the way a caricature of a stoner in an 80s American "feel good sports movie" would be.. The goofball who makes the team fun to be around and is still on the roster because well, dude can play. Suarez is talented and knows it but abuses his talent. Balotelli is talented and knows it and milks it. There is a difference between milking it and abusing it.

Old 08.23.2014, 03:04 PM   #5468
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
yes!

That one was pretty bad, true.

Old 08.24.2014, 05:41 AM   #5469
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Pretty much sums up everything about Balotelli for me

The Mourinho story is just brilliant, easily his best story.

Old 08.24.2014, 10:02 AM   #5470
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

meanwhile, en españa…

http://youtu.be/8pgbDKWbElw
Old 08.24.2014, 04:08 PM   #5471
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That story's hilarious. I keep flip flopping over him going to Liverpool, edging more and more towards it being a bad idea. But is there a better striker for 16m available? I dunno.

Quote:
meanwhile, en españa…

http://youtu.be/8pgbDKWbElw

Haha. Looks to me like a 50/50 scuffle with Godin coming out the loser. Did either of them get a red card? i regularly see worse at corners between lesser known players go unnoticed.

Meanwhile let's just smile at MU fan's ongoing torture. The post match phone ins this evening have been pure comedy gold.
Old 08.24.2014, 04:26 PM   #5472
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh so the prem started already? damn damn damn. i'm having a pretty great lazy sunday that football could have made PERFECT.

beautiful first day of fall weather here. i think these are my last g&ts of the season. adiós g&ts!

story said cronaldo just got a warning from that. that was the spanish supercup or something, not a league match.
Old 08.24.2014, 05:48 PM   #5473
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, the Prem started last week. Man City play Liverpool tomorrow night, which would be worth a watch if you can find a stream or something. Too early to say much about individual teams but Chelsea definitely look strong. I backed them to win the title before the season started and haven't seen anything yet to change my mind.
Old 08.24.2014, 06:28 PM   #5474
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
you may have heard this one recently....

what's the difference between manu and a triangle?

a triangle has three points!

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2014, 02:58 PM   #5475
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Not related to football but anyone who wants to see pure courage in a sportsman should've seen Andy Murray beat Robin Haase in the US Open today. Epic stuff!!
Old 08.27.2014, 04:34 PM   #5476
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I find it's even funnier when you see and hear Mourinho tell the story - you can also really see his affection for the guy reminiscing about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy3I8QzpvfU
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2014, 09:33 AM   #5477
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

just read that bayern is trying to get xabi alonso. what the fuck? what the fuck!!

fucking guardiolo. what the fuck is he doing?

his mind is too baroque for me to comprehend.

is this just while javi martinez recovers? but why doesn't he find a central defender if he plays martinez there?

but why is it always spaniards with him? can't he look elswhere?

he's like the monty python skit: spain spain spain spain spain spain spain with a side of spain
Old 08.28.2014, 12:18 PM   #5478
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

What's wrong with Alonso? He's a great player. Sure he's getting on, but he's still.

Old 08.28.2014, 01:39 PM   #5479
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
What's wrong with Alonso? He's a great player. Sure he's getting on, but he's still.

nothing wrong with him per se. though as a straight substitute for javi martínez he lacks the speed and endurance.

my problem is with guardiola's baroque shit. lahm as midfielder, etc.

the dfl supercup ended dortmund 2 bayern 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V0XIplROGs

--

ps maybe xabi alonso will go where lahm is and lahm back on defense. fingers crossed.
Old 08.28.2014, 06:08 PM   #5480
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Seems a good deal to me. With Martinez, Schweinstieger and Thiago all injured, and with Kroos gone, Alonso offers great short term cover in various positions at a knocked down price and with little chance of him blowing his top whenever he's benched. I can't think of a single negative, tbh.
224264271272273 274 275276277284324374 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth