Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The UK has become the most unappealing country to me
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.02.2006, 04:30 PM   #21
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Hey, that's where I'm headed! I am hoping to go to a community college or something near Seattle. What university did you apply to?

Evergreen Stage College in olympia. Its just under Seattle and above Portland. I'm planning to move to portland after i graduate (if i get in, and go).
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 04:42 PM   #22
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, drinking meth injected semen rots your teeth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Is the semen the excuse for the bad teeth?

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 04:43 PM   #23
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
You should tell me how it goes, screamingskull. I am looking to go to that very same university, as I have friends in Tacoma and I left my heart in Seattle.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 04:43 PM   #24
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
I british and I have great teeth!, of course i did have braces for 3 years.
Old 12.02.2006, 04:45 PM   #25
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
You should tell me how it goes, screamingskull. I am looking to go to that very same university, as I have friends in Tacoma and I left my heart in Seattle.

what i dont want to happen is that i will get in then be to chicken to go. I will be leaving my whole life, everything. The alternative isn't that much better though. I will probabily start a thread about it if i get in or even if i don't.
Old 12.02.2006, 04:45 PM   #26
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I left my brother in seattle. Well, he left himself there. I hated the gloominess there, so you should fit right in, being from England!

Old 12.02.2006, 04:47 PM   #27
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
You don't find a six-month winter and a brutally hot, humid, mosquito-infested summer gloomy as well, CHOUT?
Seattle has better weather than we have here by a longshot if you ask me.
Then again, I love temps in the 50s and overcast skies at all times, so take that for what you will.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 04:49 PM   #28
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
I left my brother in seattle. Well, he left himself there. I hated the gloominess there, so you should fit right in, being from England!

You and your bro should hook me up with some living space man- I will be fucking poor and homeless. Seattle ain't gloomy.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 04:53 PM   #29
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Seattle's good but Portland's better.

Portland oregon, set against the stark beauty of mount Hood, straddling the williamette river and dotted with fir trees and rose gardens, Portland is constantly pulsing to the juddering beat of the hundreds of young, slick guitar slingers that have called the place home.
Portland had always punched above its weight in the indie music scene. Courtney Love, Frank Black, Steven Malkmus, Elliott Smith, Sleater-Kinney and The Dandy Warhols all hail form its low rise streets. Yet these muscians are just a tiny fraction of the portland music scene. On august 24th for instance - just an average thursday night - entertainment mag Williamette week listed over 100 band playing in a total of 60 venues.
Why should this city generate and attract so many hopefuls when few people outside the US have heard of it? The band The Gossip - Originally from Arkansas - moved there four years ago "Partly we went there because it's so cheap, you can live in portland for like $350 rent a month, But once you're there, there are so many people you age- its a really young town- doing so many creative things and all going out and watching each other play that it became hard to imagine living anywhere else".
"It's partly the natural beauty, the forest is right there, the ocean has a wild and vicious beauty, the rivers are swift and dangerous, so that's pretty inspiring, But its also the people round here have a low tolerance for posturing, so everyone is doing really creative stuff as a result" said Viva Voce's Kevin Robinson.
Portland have a strong loyalty to the scene. Indeep, the dandy warhols used the money they earned from their vodafone advert to buy a quater city block in portland, building film and music studios, as well as a club to throw parties in. This desire to avoid LA and New York reflects the city's emotional disconnect from large tranches of the US. There's even a half serious separatist movement - the casacdians - who want oregon and washington to secede from the union and set up as an independent country with british columbia.
The desire for independence is partly fulled by portland and neighbouring Eugene's politica. The two have always been at the heart of the surprisingly strong but rarely reported American Hippy movement. Indeep, Eugene was recently described as "the town VW camper vans go to die". Portland smells less of Patchouli oil, but it does offer a vision of how america could be if the whole country had turned left instead of right in the 1980's.
Theres a cheap, clean and efficient public transport system built on demolished freeways; strict urban planning controls to prevent ugly skyscrapers; abortion is legal, as is assisted suicide for the terminally ill, and the city is leading the campaign for oregon to legalise gay marriage. Portlanders are so sexually tolerant, you'll find rainbow flags in every part of the city. On top of its liberal politics, theres a thriving local arts scene supported by a healthy counted culture media including two radical weeklies, three arts mags and a bar mag.
While the global retail chains do exist - Starbucks, saks fifth avenue, borders, tiffany and all the rest of the megamarts have a presence in the blocks around pioneer courthouse square - portlanders have a deepseated love for local businesses. Mom and Pop grocery stores, bookshops, coffee shops and diners vastly outnumber the branded behemoths.
Most Portlanders, however, are proudest of one thing - the city has more breweries than anywhere else in the world - 33 at the last count, and a new one seems to open every year.
Old 12.02.2006, 04:56 PM   #30
CHOUT
invito al cielo

Quote:
You and your bro should hook me up with some living space man- I will be fucking poor and homeless. Seattle ain't gloomy.
Primarily winter is I should say, but it does rain alot. I was there staying with my bro for a month, and it was gloomy EVERY day until the day I left...never felt so depressed in my life. Isn't Seattle the suicide capitol of the US?

Old 12.02.2006, 04:57 PM   #31
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
Isn't Seattle the suicide capitol of the US?

i bet north dakota is.
Old 12.02.2006, 04:58 PM   #32
CHOUT
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
You don't find a six-month winter and a brutally hot, humid, mosquito-infested summer gloomy as well, CHOUT?
Seattle has better weather than we have here by a longshot if you ask me.
Then again, I love temps in the 50s and overcast skies at all times, so take that for what you will.
I like sunlight. I like heat. I stay in in the winter.

Old 12.02.2006, 04:59 PM   #33
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The sun is an accursed orb whose mission in life is to hurt me.
Old 12.02.2006, 05:02 PM   #34
CHOUT
invito al cielo

Haha. I imagined you writing that in a dimly candle-lit room on black ink and black paper.

I should say I like the gloominess in Autumn...

Old 12.02.2006, 05:04 PM   #35
screamingskull
invito al cielo

you guys are pathetic, are you emotions completely based on the weather?

Old 12.02.2006, 05:07 PM   #36
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

We get radical extremes in weather here.
Meteorologists move to this area because of its dynamic uncertainty.
There is altogether too much weather talk in Mn.
I am OK with things how they are now, but I like it cold and dreary.
I mentioned winter in my earlier post because that seems to be what people complain about regarding our weather here. Personally, I think the summers are much worse, especially in the last decade.
In summer, my mood is definitely controlled by the weather, because I get cranky and irritable in hot, humid weather.

If I lived in an area that had less extreme swings, I probably wouldn't think about the weather very much at all.
Where we live, it dictates what you can wear, how long it will take you to get anywhere, how bad your utility bills will be, and a whole host of other factors.
Old 12.02.2006, 06:17 PM   #37
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
No shit?

I hope you're fucking kidding. Every country is terrible. Australia and the UK are just filled with far too many twats for their own good.
Old 12.02.2006, 06:19 PM   #38
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

If that was so true you wouldn't borrow so many colloquialisms from the UK.
Old 12.02.2006, 06:20 PM   #39
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
If that was so true you wouldn't borrow so many colloquialisms from the UK.

Oh, can the shit, Clone. Did I say anything about the way they talk? Fuck you. I can hate the British if I want and no one can tell me otherwise.
Old 12.02.2006, 06:22 PM   #40
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

"I hate you fuckers, but I love the way you talk!"

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth