Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page 7-10-06 @ the forum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.12.2006, 09:59 AM   #21
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
So many rock shows DO run late, at least they used to. But I'd always get to the venue, mill about but get in just as soon as they opened the gates. I've always been and 'ontime' sorta fella....and it shocks me when I see people coming into the concert place...surprised the band is playing when their ticket clearly says 8PM showtime and it's 8:25 and these golly laggers are thinking the band was suppposed to wait for them !!! ?

Hey, if the ticket says 7:30...I'm in there by 7:15 or before !

People don't place enough emphasis on time, it's rude to be late and those that are just have to suffer. Seems this is what happened to the original poster.

He missed it.

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 02:30 PM   #22
matt reeder
little trouble girl

matt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn@ke
Check Dime...

----\\----

I don't know why Sonic Youth is opening for pj, really...THEY should be opening for SY.

fuck pj.

They would if it were logistically possible. Pearl Jam gives props to their elders, and if it weren't a question of mainstream popularity, Sonic Youth would be headlining this tour.

However, I expect to see a bunch of SY tags in different Pearl Jam songs as this tour continues. Ed is fond of tagging "Androgynous Mind" onto the end of "Daughter", for instance.

What did you expect?
matt reeder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 05:11 PM   #23
scaat
empty page

scaat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
holy crap... they must have not gotten much of the sound system because I heard nothing when trying to enter the building. I was there at 7:15, hit will call and got to the security screener line about 7:45... took about another 30 mins to get through that line and into the building so yeah, I guess I just missed em.

I was not baked and I'm not a troll, by the way... my main goal was getting there in time, guess i shoulda been there at 6...

In all fairness...*sigh* PJ wasn't too bad live. As bad as the sound was and much as I can't stand 90% of the fans... their drummer is tite. thats the only props I can give them and still sleep at night.
scaat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 09:07 PM   #24
TFR
empty page

TFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really nice
I am a PJ fan and I have PJ to thank for my love of SY. I have been to 20 PJ shows I am very sorry to say this is typical of most PJ fans. The attention they give to the opening band is very poor. I can proudly say I have never missed a minute of any PJ opener and am now a fan of quite few of their openers over the years.

I really hate to hear the reaction ito SY because I would love to see the 2 greatest bands play on the same stage (haven't seen them together since 2000). But like I said, it is my experience that most people would rather stand outside and drink. Ungrateful bastards.
TFR is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 09:13 PM   #25
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFR
I am a PJ fan and I have PJ to thank for my love of SY. I have been to 20 PJ shows I am very sorry to say this is typical of most PJ fans. The attention they give to the opening band is very poor. I can proudly say I have never missed a minute of any PJ opener and am now a fan of quite few of their openers over the years.

I really hate to hear the reaction ito SY because I would love to see the 2 greatest bands play on the same stage (haven't seen them together since 2000). But like I said, it is my experience that most people would rather stand outside and drink. Ungrateful bastards.
Hell yeah man....I've only managed to go to 2. Were you at Merriweather in 2000? What a show! I still love them and the new album rocks me baby!
Old 07.12.2006, 10:39 PM   #26
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
I saw PJ on September 13, 2005 in Hamilton on their Canadian tour, it was amazing. I wasn't really into their opening band though (it was Sleater-Kinney). Can't wait til next month when I see SY at the Kool Haus in Toronto!
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 06:26 AM   #27
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
60 $ for 5 songs? enough indeed. but you see pj as well, hehe
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 04:56 PM   #28
TFR
empty page

TFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Some of you paid like $60 to see them play 5 songs in a shitty environment, with a sell out grunge band, as openers, and for the record- SY is NOT an opening act! And they ended up playing 9 songs on Kimmel for free.

Sell-out "grunge" band? You couldn't be more wrong.

PJ absolutely HATES that label (as do I). PJ, as far as attitude, is one of the most punk bands around. They are right up there with SY. Playing larger venues is the only way to not alienate their true fans, something they would never do (see ticketmaster dispute, 1994, as well as the 1995 tour).

Please educate yourself before you go spouting off nonsense.
TFR is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 05:01 PM   #29
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFR
Sell-out "grunge" band? You couldn't be more wrong.
I personally think "Electronica Gangsta Rap" would be way more wrong. But this genre stuff is all relative, so I could be off.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 11:32 AM   #30
huoxito
little trouble girl

huoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nice
I totally agree with TCR. Pearl Jam was never a sell- out grunge band...
Since ten they have always showed their worry about making sicere music. They never gave a fuck to mtv and all the mainstream stuff. have you ever stopped to count how many videos they have on mtv?

Their album are all work of art since vitalogy.

All the world is a stage.
huoxito is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 11:48 AM   #31
matt reeder
little trouble girl

matt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Some of you paid like $60 to see them play 5 songs in a shitty environment, with a sell out grunge band, as openers, and for the record- SY is NOT an opening act! And they ended up playing 9 songs on Kimmel for free.

Come on...a "sell-out grunge band"? Grunge is nothing but a label (and one Pearl Jam doesn't really fit all that well), and "sell-out", well...name another band that charges 2/3 to 1/2 what they could charge, gets some of the best bands in the world to open for them, and then routinely plays for 150 minutes, mixing up setlists every night.
matt reeder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth