Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY ticket prices
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.20.2010, 07:55 PM   #21
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I was wondering why this might be, are they saving up for retirement? Got their kid's college fees to pay? Buying huge houses in the country? Realised they can fleece their fans more than they thought they could 15 years ago? The cost of touring has increased two fold? The cost of living has increased 100% since 1996?

It's quite possibly none of the above. Instead, it may simply be for the same reason any business increases prices: because they can. And they can because people still buy tickets. If they don't, then prices will come back down.

I don't blame them, either. This is their livelihood and their right. And we're talking about rock concerts here, not necessities like toilet paper or cereal. (Yes, I know that for many of us, seeing SY live IS a necessity. )
Old 10.21.2010, 01:34 AM   #22
aidsward
empty page

aidsward has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Tacos DO come cheap. They're one of the cheapest foods imagineable.
aidsward is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2010, 04:18 AM   #23
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
I remember someone was complaining when they charged 40 bucks for the last McCarren pool show. I was like "are you fucking kidding me?!" Maybe they have to go to England and make all that dough to subsidize all the free shows Thurston Lee and Kim play in NYC (j/k). Seriously how many free shows have they played this year, must be more than a dozen, so how are they "raping" your wallet??

Sorry I dont mean this to come off as snarky or jerky, if you have no job and no money then $10 is a lot, I know, I've been there...
I do have a job and I can afford to pay £ 45 to see them. That's not my point. My point is that their less financially fortunate audience, particularly the younger section of it, might not be able to because they're not financially independent. Besides, I'd rather spend that £ 45 to see 4 bands that could potentially blow my mind, than seeing Sonic Youth right now, unless I had the dough to spare. I'm not suggesting that a band of they're calibre shouldn't charge at least 20 quid, same as bands as influential and established like, say, The Fall, but in order to do that they'd have to tour like a normal band and also play places in the UK that they don't anymore. Also, they don't play free gigs in the UK as Sonic Youth.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth