Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Rather Ripped--still digging it!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.10.2006, 11:14 PM   #21
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
There are so many good songs. It'll be easier to say the ones I don't find amazing:

Lights Out, Or.

Rapture and Sleeping Around are inbetween not amazing and amazing.

I feel the exact same way, but everyday they grow on me.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 11:16 PM   #22
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
I feel the exact same way, but everyday they grow on me.
Definitely, Rapture? used to be lower on the list, but it has moved up, so has Sleeping Around.
Old 07.10.2006, 11:20 PM   #23
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Definitely, Rapture? used to be lower on the list, but it has moved up, so has Sleeping Around.

Jeez exact same for me as well. Rapture? grew on me when I finally figured out the Velvet Underground reference. The song always bugged me prior to that revelation because I just wondered the whole time I listened to it.

Old 07.10.2006, 11:29 PM   #24
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
Jeez exact same for me as well. Rapture? grew on me when I finally figured out the Velvet Underground reference. The song always bugged me prior to that revelation because I just wondered the whole time I listened to it.
It grew on me, and I don't know the reference. Care to enlighten me?
Old 07.10.2006, 11:32 PM   #25
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
It grew on me, and I don't know the reference. Care to enlighten me?

The little buildup section near the centre of the song sounds a lot like the Sunday Morning riff by Velvet Underound.

Old 07.11.2006, 09:18 AM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I just got th vinyl! I have been re-rocking the whole album again! JAMS RUN FREE may be the best song they ahve written in ten years,
Old 07.11.2006, 09:36 AM   #27
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't gotten tired of it yet. It just keeps sounding better.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 11:00 AM   #28
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I haven't gotten tired of it yet. It just keeps sounding better.

Same here. I loved it right off the bat, but even moreso with each play. I just put it on now !

Hey gmku, I just got EVOL, Sister and Sonic Nurse this past weekend and I keep putting them on too. Ahh....so nice....so much difference from one to the other......

It's on....you guessed it !!!!

INCINERATE !!!!!!!

So fuckin' hooky....

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 11:03 AM   #29
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
spun it today... digging it more than ever... amazing how much it's grown on me... jams run free is supreme... the whole thing is delightful...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 11:09 AM   #30
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by against_the_grain
Same here. I loved it right off the bat, but even moreso with each play. I just put it on now !

Hey gmku, I just got EVOL, Sister and Sonic Nurse this past weekend and I keep putting them on too. Ahh....so nice....so much difference from one to the other......

It's on....you guessed it !!!!

INCINERATE !!!!!!!

So fuckin' hooky....

Incinerate (times whatever).

Coolest summertime song ever.

And you can't go wrong with that SY back catalog. I still need to get NYCG&F and Experimental. I can't believe I don't have those yet. And I call myself a fan?!

But hey, if you don't have it yet, check out the Corporate Ghost DVD. I love those Goo vids.
Old 07.11.2006, 11:40 AM   #31
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Incinerate (times whatever).

Coolest summertime song ever.

And you can't go wrong with that SY back catalog. I still need to get NYCG&F and Experimental. I can't believe I don't have those yet. And I call myself a fan?!

But hey, if you don't have it yet, check out the Corporate Ghost DVD. I love those Goo vids.

So are the videos all lip synched or are some actually 'live' ?

I must get it now. I don't think I've ever seen a SY video.....I'm so sheltered. Pink Steam is a summertime goody too ! On right now....there's something about that rhythm riff....it's just beautiful !!

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 02:00 PM   #32
gmku
invito al cielo

Lip synched generally. But it's not your average MTV crap. Sonic Youth are artists, and they do the vid thing right, and they also throw in a bunch of surprises.

Trust me, Corporate Ghost ain't your teeny bopper video collection.
Old 07.11.2006, 09:15 PM   #33
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Goddamn you, Daycare Nation!! And your unrelenting support of mediocre records!!! A pox on thee!!

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 09:16 PM   #34
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
But in all seriousness, we get it: you like Rather Ripped. We've all read yr posts and threads and we understand that it is yr opinion that RR is a great album and better than the last few SY albums. And that's cool, it's an okay album. But do you really need to keep creating threads about the same fucking subject over and over again? Give it a rest already! Yr taking up space. We all know yr stance on the new album and guess what? Nobody fucking cares!!!!! SO get a new topic of discussion or just shut up.

Old 07.11.2006, 09:17 PM   #35
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Goddamn you, Daycare Nation!! And your unrelenting support of mediocre records!!! A pox on thee!!

I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you pox comes back to you.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 09:20 PM   #36
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you pox comes back to you.

Damn, my only weakness: childish school yard rhymes! Nooooooooooooo!!!!! Damn you Daycare Nation! DAAAAAAMMMMMNNN YOOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Old 07.11.2006, 09:21 PM   #37
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

Mark my words Daycare Nation, one of these days, the world will be mine!! And you won't be there to stop me!!

Old 07.11.2006, 09:22 PM   #38
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
INCINERATE! INCINERATE!

Old 07.11.2006, 09:39 PM   #39
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
But in all seriousness, we get it: you like Rather Ripped. We've all read yr posts and threads and we understand that it is yr opinion that RR is a great album and better than the last few SY albums. And that's cool, it's an okay album. But do you really need to keep creating threads about the same fucking subject over and over again? Give it a rest already! Yr taking up space. We all know yr stance on the new album and guess what? Nobody fucking cares!!!!! SO get a new topic of discussion or just shut up.
I love the new album too...but I agree...
Old 07.11.2006, 09:43 PM   #40
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I love the new album too...but I agree...

Yeah, but what a waste! You're so chaste! I can't wait! To taste your face!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth