Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page describe your childhood/teen years
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.08.2006, 03:35 PM   #41
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
Mines long, no one will probably read it, but I don't give a fuck, that shit was theraputic.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2006, 03:36 PM   #42
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
mines long too, i know no one will/has read it
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2006, 03:42 PM   #43
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
style, i went ahead and read your little bio.
sounds like you had some rough days, but hey, im sure you learned a lot from your experiences.
and congrats on getting your shit straight...
many people would lose hope with a 1.8 gpa.
im glad you got your business degree
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2006, 03:48 PM   #44
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Style
Mines long, no one will probably read it, but I don't give a fuck, that shit was theraputic.

I read it.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2006, 03:53 PM   #45
nw83
empty page

nw83 ain't too shabbynw83 ain't too shabby
I can't remember much about my childhood; only disconnected fragments of memory, which come to me during bus or train journeys, etc. The whole period is like an harmonious blur, an impressionist portrait of a proper childhood. I can't even remember the faces of my former friends (except one... except one).

Weirdly, I can't remember ever thinking during my childhood: properly thinking with clarity (about what I was doing). I floated through childhood without touching it. I acted on some vague instinct - if I was curious or it felt right, I would do it. I stayed awake until 2am playing videogames and eating very, very fizzy sweets (when I had my GCSEs the next day); I threw my brand new bike down a hill as an 'experiment', to see what would happen (the handlebar twisted to one side, and it was impossible to repair - so, I told my parents it was stolen); I snapped a brand new 30cm ruler into two as soon as I bought it (I couldn't stop myself), only because it had the legendary label: 'shatterproof', and I needed it for a test a few hours later. To me, none of this seemed even remotely strange. I didn't think (it was fucking great).

However, I do remember my best friend clearly.

Me and my best friend were very ill-suited, but I lived on the fringes of my hometown and he was the only person around, my age (when I was old enough to travel further to see other friends, I'd already made this vague commitment to be his 'best friend' - I couldn't abandon him). Now, I think he must have been bullied at his previous school (he moved to near me at 8) - and he saw this as a form of extra attention, and so he made it his purpose, for the rest of his life, to be as annoying as possible (so he was disliked, and thus bullied); he was a pantomime villain.

I didn't acknowledge his failings and glorified his average qualities, because he reflected on me (he was my best friend!). I laughed at his jokes, decided his inane comments were profound, and his overexcitement and love of petty vandalism was The Spirit Of Life (in retrospect, I suspect it was a form of dementia). I tried eagerly to be interested in things which interested him (cars and motorbikes). It was very one-sided. I didn’t want to admit he was an idiot (he was my best friend!).

If I'd had a more suitable friend, one who shared my interests (or what are my interests now, and could have been my interests then, with encouragement), I really could have grown and done something. Instead, I wasted my time trying to impress him (I didn't even like him… but I didn't know it at the time... I didn't think) by stealing road signs, etc, and I ruined my education.

I'm glad that he doesn't live near me now. If I saw him, I'd probably shout wildly about how much I hate working in a box-factory and punch him in his big moon-face (I've got to blame someone). Because now I think about things (such as: where did it all go wrong?) too much!
nw83 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:48 AM   #46
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Greatest time ever......everything is fucked now. Time warp?
Old 07.09.2006, 09:53 AM   #47
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

swimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
I went to catholic school from K-12. My young life was pretty rough. In high school I ended up at a boarding school. Escaping from the real world with music was such a saving grace. I usually kept to myself. In fact, I still do to some extent.
11/19/88 Hollywood, CA; 08/017/90 Hollywood, CA; 09/26/92 Castaic Lake, CA; 07/23/00 Los Angeles, CA; 07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/28/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/20/07 Los Angeles, CA

Television: chewing gum for the eyes. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
swimsuitissue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 10:26 AM   #48
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Sesame Street, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Nirvana.
Old 07.09.2006, 10:34 AM   #49
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sesame Street, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Nirvana.

Holy Shit, that was me for the first 5 years of my life until I got a catapult. Ninja Turtles fuckin rule
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth