Old 12.13.2006, 06:43 AM   #61
mrgreen71
empty page

mrgreen71 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
Review from Monday's gig 11/12

http://www.goddeau.com/content/view/3000

I agree with most of this review. Yesterday's show was much better in my opinion. They seemed to be in a much better shape (esp. Thurston) than the day before.
mrgreen71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 06:55 AM   #62
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
was at both shows. Had tickets for the monday gig and yesterday we bribed (got that from dictionary) one of the security dudes to get in.

Both times were amazing but yesterday had something special.
Lee totally fucked up the Catholic Block Intro but it turned out to sound kinda cool in a kinky way. Thurston attacked a cameraman after Teenage Riot Outro and lost his shoe. Expressway with Corsano/Flaherty/Yeh and that guy from Lambs Bread was astonishing, Skip Tracer - Fuck yes.

For me the Monday show got that special Bardo Pond credit, which were amazing but unfortunately not very loud. Sonic Youth were excellent too, but you could feel that they were tired.

All in all, both times were fucking awesome.

I met no Boardies, thatīs kinda sad
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 07:01 AM   #63
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
So it wasn't you Jef that was filming yesterday? There was one guy in front, and one on the left balcony. Didn't ask what it was for.
We could have met up if I read this thread earlier, but my PC crashed so I haven't read this board for a couple of weeks.
Anyway, yesterday (12/12) was pretty cool, Great Great Great setlist. stood at thurston's side, completely in front of the speakers. All was great until this Asian guy came standing next to me, stoned as a turtle. He kept on yelling continuously. I tried to ignore him but it didn't work that well. I'm now deaf in my right ear....
The opening acts weren't that bad. The first band I thought it was just the roadies jamming their asses off. I liked Corsano, didn't like the violin and sax though, but I'm not into the freejazz improv whatever. Would have liked the first two acts to play longer ....
The encore was brilliant though, very deafening soundwall with Corsano and the other two, plus the guitarist of the first band, and perhaps some more behind Thurston (couldn't see that part of the stage)

edit: oh so T. lost his shoe, I wondered what he was doing but couldn't see

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 07:10 AM   #64
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
yep, He (thurston) already wanted to climb back on stage without his shoe but then
someone in crowd gave it back.

Hey, Iīve heard that yelling guy too, he sounded like a dog or something. i stood to the left of him, in the second row.

The guy who was filming (the one that looked like a Biker) said he did it for Sonic Youth but he doesnīt know what they are going to do with the material
Old 12.13.2006, 07:11 AM   #65
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I was standing all the way on the left front row.
Old 12.13.2006, 07:15 AM   #66
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

it could have been that i meet someone of you guys on monday after the show.
i was really drunk, ran around and asked everyone i saw, if she/he is going to marry me.
Old 12.13.2006, 07:18 AM   #67
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
The guy who was filming (the one that looked like a Biker) said he did it for Sonic Youth but he doesnīt know what they are going to do with the material

That was Pierre Michel Zaleski. I think he was mainly there to shoot the Corsano/Flaherty/Yeh performance and he must have just shot the sonic gig as well. I hope to collaborate with him next year for future documenting.

Footage will probably end up in the SY archive like all the stuff I ever taped for them. I will be standby again next year with a new camera and already siked that they'll probably tour Europe again next year

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 07:22 AM   #68
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
the show looks fucking awesome.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 07:23 AM   #69
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreen71
I agree with most of this review. Yesterday's show was much better in my opinion. They seemed to be in a much better shape (esp. Thurston) than the day before.
A lot of people said that. I don't care atleast I saw them live and it rocked which is the most important thing to me.
Old 12.13.2006, 07:39 AM   #70
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
A lot of people said that. I don't care atleast I saw them live and it rocked which is the most important thing to me.
yeah, it was a really good show and the setlist was very good in my opinion.
did you like Bardo Pond ?
Most of the people i asked didnīt enjoy it, i think it was amazing.
and they gave me Vol 4, Vol. 6 and a poster for free, very nice people.
Old 12.13.2006, 08:33 AM   #71
Lot888
empty page

Lot888 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I was rather dissappointed after the first show: combination of SY's setlist and fatigue on the one hand and my bad location (soundwise that is) right in from of Lee's amplifier, on the other hand. All I could hear was Lee's guitar, the drums seemed to be produced miles away and Thurston's guitar never reached my ears; Vocals didn't come through very well either and a few of the classics went up in smoke because of all that, which was an outright pity.
The Second night was so much better: soundwise, setlist! and support acts. Didn't like the support act for the first show. Guitars had something going for them, even though it all missed excitement and I preferred the instrumental parts. Of course, it's always a treat to see SY, but honestly, the second night was so much better. I felt sorry for my friends who only attended the first show.
Lot888 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 09:14 AM   #72
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for reviews and pics.
nice setlists, really nice (espec. skip tracer, candle, expressway).

that's what happened on atp. second show was supposedly better than the first one. it's good to see sy live anyway tho.

can't wait to see sy back in europe next year.

tris, porky, have you recorded it?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 10:19 AM   #73
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:

For me the Monday show got that special Bardo Pond credit, which were amazing but unfortunately not very loud.
bardo pond was amazing... blew me away... (i thought the sound was pretty loud)

Quote:
I met no Boardies, thatīs kinda sad
i was the tall one in the middle with a green shirt...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 10:23 AM   #74
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee

i was the tall one in the middle with a green shirt...
oh yeah,
sure

i was the one with the black shirt
Old 12.13.2006, 11:01 AM   #75
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
i was the one with the black shirt

and drunk
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 11:47 AM   #76
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yep,
Hey, Iīve heard that yelling guy too, he sounded like a dog or something. i stood to the left of him, in the second row.
He was continuously mimicking the guitar licks, like Tuu Tutu tu tuuuu
in my ear. Fortunately it was only during the songs from Rather Ripped, not the old songs. But from now on everytime I will listen to Incinterate I will hear it in my head
Hey, wasn't the new album released today? Will try and get it tomorrow...

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 12:02 PM   #77
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

a friend of mine already bought it. i think iīm going to wait for the vinyl edition
Old 12.13.2006, 02:57 PM   #78
sToon
empty page

sToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud of
Day 2 was better for sure, which doesn't mean day 1 was bad... apparently Thurston and Kim went to Antwerp tuesday to visit a small recordstore with a name that consists of two words, anyone know what store that could be...?
sToon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 03:03 PM   #79
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
hey did they sell shirts? what kind? rather ripped or all? and how much were they?
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 03:07 PM   #80
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

They had the
Rather Ripped Shirt
Xpressway to yr Skull
100%
Nurse in red and pink
The yellow one with the heart on it
and another one, wich i canīt remember right now

for 20€

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth