Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2012, 07:55 PM   #2121
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
purist

haaa haa haaa. don't get me started on "goal line technology" or i'll start foaming at the mouth. the pricks on fox sports are always crying for it and i scream back NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! at the tv.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2012, 01:42 PM   #2122
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure where I stand on that issue. A device for proving whether a ball has crossed the line seems fine and would have minimal impact on the flow of the game but I'm less convinced by arguments for other applications, such as replays being used to determine if a player is offside or handled the ball. Fans moaning about bad refereeing decisions is a fundamental part of the game, for me. But that wears thin if a team are relegated or fail to qualify for a major tournament or lose a final because of a decision that could've easily been overturned by an off-pitch official with a tv monitor. I'm still undecided.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2012, 03:36 PM   #2123
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm not sure where I stand on that issue. A device for proving whether a ball has crossed the line seems fine and would have minimal impact on the flow of the game but I'm less convinced by arguments for other applications, such as replays being used to determine if a player is offside or handled the ball. Fans moaning about bad refereeing decisions is a fundamental part of the game, for me. But that wears thin if a team are relegated or fail to qualify for a major tournament or lose a final because of a decision that could've easily been overturned by an off-pitch official with a tv monitor. I'm still undecided.

i'm cool with extra refs, but why turn what is basically a street game with computers and shit. like, is a buzzer supposed to sound when the ball "officially" enters the goal? anyway, what i'd hate hate hate for it to become is something like american hand-ovoid in which after every play there is a meeting of lawyers who try to interpret the footage of the game so that they can make a public decision before the audience-- fucking preposterous.

anyway, hm, juventus, oh, gotta love'em.
Old 11.23.2012, 04:01 PM   #2124
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I'm for goal line technology. It'd take less than a minute for a decision to be made and it'll make a big difference. Too many games have been ruined by a goal being dis/allowed.

As for extra refs there have been games where a linesman has been pretty much next to the goal post and they've made the wrong decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPYNpo0FFd4

This being a perfect example.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2012, 04:05 PM   #2125
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I'm for goal line technology. It'd take less than a minute for a decision to be made and it'll make a big difference. Too many games have been ruined by a goal being dis/allowed.

As for extra refs there have been games where a linesman has been pretty much next to the goal post and they've made the wrong decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPYNpo0FFd4

This being a perfect example.

problem is, after that, it's gonna be for offsides, fouls, handballs, throw-ins, and if they took off their shirt or not after the goal. once the door opens there is no way to close it and you end up with a fucking disaster.

but yeah i see your point. i do. i just think the potential for harm to the game is much greater than the potential for redress of deficient calls.
Old 11.23.2012, 04:17 PM   #2126
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Spurs Vs West Ham - View from the opposition.

Courtesy of my friend Vinny, and me. Im the one who writes more than 4 sentences for each answer by the way

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2012, 05:35 PM   #2127
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Spurs Vs West Ham - View from the opposition.

Courtesy of my friend Vinny, and me. Im the one who writes more than 4 sentences for each answer by the way

Haha, great piece! Very fair. And I'm glad someone from another side is finally noticing Noble. For me, he's our player of the season so far, arguably even more than Nolan. And yeah, if Big Sam wasn't in charge I don't think we'd be being described as a long ball team any more than most other clubs at the moment. Our defence is pretty solid, though, making us one of the few genuinely difficult teams to beat in the Prem right now.

And couldn't agree more about the press focusing on AVB when the real blow was you losing Modric. And yet I have to say, it isn't just the press or rival fans. Football phone ins are full of Spurs fans complaining about AVB. I just think he's one of those managers whose personality will always wind fans up the moment things aren't going too well.
Old 11.23.2012, 05:39 PM   #2128
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Haha, great piece! Very fair. And I'm glad someone from another side is finally noticing Noble. For me, he's our player of the season so far, arguably even more than Nolan. And yeah, if Big Sam wasn't in charge I don't think we'd be being described as a long ball team any more than most other clubs at the moment. Our defence is pretty solid, though, making us one of the few genuinely difficult teams to beat in the Prem right now.

And couldn't agree more about the press focusing on AVB when the real blow was you losing Modric. And yet I have to say, it isn't just the press or rival fans. Football phone ins are full of Spurs fans complaining about AVB. I just think he's one of those managers whose personality will always wind fans up the moment things aren't going too well.

Thanks. I wanted to make it as fun as i could...
I cant fucking stand 606 too. All Spurs fans sound like squealing ids with no conception of the wider world, slagging AVB off like he's just walked into a jacuzzi with Scarlett Johansson and failed to get a hardon.

Old 11.23.2012, 06:30 PM   #2129
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I hate 606 but can't not listen to it. Did you hear it when they had Johnny Vaughn co host it with Robbie Savage, about a month ago? Even I was on the brink with that. The worst radio ever. And West Ham fans are no better on it. Misty eyed recollections of the 'West Ham Way', etc. Alan Green's the worst though. Totally contradicts himself and then comes off all super defensive when anyone calls him out on it. Danny Baker's the only one I have time for. And the Football Ramble podcast. I listen to most of the podcasts to be fair. I used to like The Game until the insufferable Gab Marcotti took over as host. That man can single handedly set my blood pressure soaring.
Old 11.24.2012, 10:55 AM   #2130
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hot fucking dam gomez finally returns to the bundesliga and scores after 26 seconds. FUCK YES.
Old 11.24.2012, 12:07 PM   #2131
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Just fuck off. Fucking twats.

Old 11.24.2012, 12:17 PM   #2132
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Just fuck off. Fucking twats.

is that for the man u / qpr game or what?

--

meanwhile, dortmund/mainz is shaping up nicely by halftime. sweet lil' match. mmm-mmm-mmm!
Old 11.24.2012, 01:33 PM   #2133
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- how come aston villa and west ham have the same uniforms? CONFUSING.
Old 11.24.2012, 01:35 PM   #2134
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
is that for the man u / qpr game or what?

--

meanwhile, dortmund/mainz is shaping up nicely by halftime. sweet lil' match. mmm-mmm-mmm!

Nah the bloody everton game. Three games we've conceded in the last 10 minutes and caused a draw. Crock of shit.

Roll on Arsenal on Wednesday :s

Old 11.24.2012, 02:29 PM   #2135
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Nah the bloody everton game. Three games we've conceded in the last 10 minutes and caused a draw. Crock of shit.

Roll on Arsenal on Wednesday :s

oh man. sorry.

just watched the arsenal/west ham-- i mean, aston villa game, ha ha, and i can't believe how much arsenal fucking sucks. SUCKS!

i'm trying to figure out why and i can't understand why they suck so much. aston villa should have won. but anyway, looking good for you next week!
Old 11.24.2012, 02:43 PM   #2136
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
On the way back from 5aside on monday nights we listen to stan colleymore on some bonkers phone in. Theres not many calls to be fair, just alot of stan being a prick. It can be hilarious and infuriating at the same time
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2012, 03:01 PM   #2137
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ps- how come aston villa and west ham have the same uniforms? CONFUSING.

Villa had the strip first. The legend goes that one of West Ham's players bet a Villa player he could beat him in a race, which he did. The Villa player had no money so gave him his shirt, which the West Ham player brought back to West Ham with him, where it was seen by the owners, who liked it and decided to copy it. One of those useless bits of information that I'm so glad I at last have a reason to share.
Old 11.24.2012, 04:56 PM   #2138
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
I hate 606 but can't not listen to it. Did you hear it when they had Johnny Vaughn co host it with Robbie Savage, about a month ago? Even I was on the brink with that. The worst radio ever. And West Ham fans are no better on it. Misty eyed recollections of the 'West Ham Way', etc. Alan Green's the worst though. Totally contradicts himself and then comes off all super defensive when anyone calls him out on it. Danny Baker's the only one I have time for. And the Football Ramble podcast. I listen to most of the podcasts to be fair. I used to like The Game until the insufferable Gab Marcotti took over as host. That man can single handedly set my blood pressure soaring.

I actually quite like Johnny Vaughn, he's not the leering laddish idiot that Tim Lovejoy is, i guess because he's actually been through real struggles in his life - he was in prison for a time when he was younger.

As for me, i went to see the mighty Brentford claim a strong 2-0 win over Sheffield United today. £23 for League One football is bloody steep, but i saw a very impressive first half performance and a great goal from Harry Forrester.

Old 11.24.2012, 06:27 PM   #2139
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
£23 is ridiculous! Palace cost less than that!
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2012, 06:31 PM   #2140
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
£23 is ridiculous! Palace cost less than that!

Thats leafy West London for you. I only went cos my friend's a season ticket holder and it was his birthday. Its a nice place to watch a game, and it was a good match so im pretty happy all things considered. Altogether i spent about £35 on that today, but the entertainment was pretty good.

5797104105106 107 108109110117157207607 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth