Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Oh Courtney! Nirvana/Highest Bidder. WHAT?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2006, 11:29 PM   #1
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
jesus what the hell.
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/31152760

Courtney & Nirvana: Smells Like a Sellout

03/31/2006 12:56 PM, E! Online

Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"--coming soon to a soap ad near you?

So far Courtney Love is ruling that out, but chances are we'll be hearing more of the seminal grunge band's music in unexpected places now that Kurt Cobain's cash-strapped widow has agreed to sell off a 25 percent stake in the Nirvana song catalog in a deal valued at $50 million, per Rolling Stone.

On the other end of the deal is Larry Mestel, the former COO of Virgin Records and current head of Primary Wave Music Publishing.

To preemptively squelch backlash from fans worried about the over-commercialization of a decidedly anticorporate band, Love sought to assure the Nirvana faithful that the music won't simply be licensed to the highest bidder.

"We're going to remain very tasteful, and we're going to [retain] the spirit of Nirvana and take Nirvana places it's never been before," Love told the magazine.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 11:33 PM   #2
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
well.... really, who didn't see this happening. I mean, revolution was used in a nike commercial.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 11:33 PM   #3
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
This is a sad day for music. I fucking hate courtney!
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:01 AM   #4
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
Well, I don't watch tv too much, so I won't have to get annoyed watching some goofy commercial selling their products via Nirvana, but it still will have its effect in a not so good way. I thought that the other Nirvana band members were fighting her in court? So she got all rights to the songs he wrote? That kinda sucks
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:07 AM   #5
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
I thought that the other Nirvana band members were fighting her in court? So she got all rights to the songs he wrote? That kinda sucks

They were fighting her in court, & I think they won the suite. I think that's why "With The Lights Out" was released. If she has any rights to his music, that fucking sucks. She's just gonna sell them to get more heroin.
-George Carlin
Old 04.03.2006, 12:08 AM   #6
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Heroin costs a lot these days.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:12 AM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I wouldn't know, but I'm sure Kurt is fiending for some. (ha ha)

See, I'm not so uptight all the time.
-George Carlin
Old 04.03.2006, 03:03 AM   #8
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Following her husband's 1994 suicide, Love became the primary benefactor of Cobain's estate, which included ownership rights of more than 98 percent of Nirvana's song catalog.

i wonder if kurt cobain owned 98% at the time when he was alive, or courtney got 98% of ownership rights after his death. Both makes me think. Maybe even that kurt was a real capitalist its a well known fact that courtney is crazy sellout anyway
Old 04.03.2006, 03:26 PM   #9
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
like courtney doesnt already have enough money? i guess she had to spring for that extra crack rock this week. i honestly think she had alot to do with the death of kurt. anyone else agree?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 03:29 PM   #10
Lone Flanger
little trouble girl

Lone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's assesLone Flanger kicks all y'all's asses
They can have SLTS though. I hate that song.
Lone Flanger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth