Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page My radio show sucked!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2007, 11:37 AM   #21
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
So, your station has a rotation, eh? That is too bad.

Parts & Labor and Wooden Wand are in the rotation, so it's not as bad as other stations where the rotation is chock fulla stuff that can only be liked by people under 22 years of age (and that is not a knock on everyone under 22). Somebody tell your MD that the Mooney Suzuki are a fucking joke!

How much do you hafta pick from rotation, and how much do you get to pick on your own?

Thank goodness KDVS is freeform. I probably wouldn't have gritted out a year on the air there...now it's been 14 years.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 01:59 PM   #22
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I've only had one show so far, and that was with a trainer, so I had to stick to the format. And since I'm on 10-mid Sunday, I figure I might be able to get away with veering off course. I don't intend to follow the format very strictly, maybe not at all, unless my hand gets slapped, maybe not even then. What are they gonna do, fire me? (well, they could, but it's not like I'm getting paid).
Old 06.18.2007, 08:16 AM   #23
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Well, last night's show was a little more free form. I brought in some LPs and used the turntables.

http://www.kruiradio.org/dj-bios/?dj=391
Old 07.01.2007, 08:47 PM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

Format be damned, tonight it's all album sides!!!
Old 07.01.2007, 08:53 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Format be damned, tonight it's all album sides!!!

stick it to the man!!!!!!!!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2007, 10:14 PM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

Well, they stuck it to me first, tonight. Apparently I didn't get the memo about the union being completely locked up tonight because of the "holiday" schedule. So my records and I wasted 30 minutes and a gallon of gas going out tonight for nothing.
Old 07.02.2007, 03:46 AM   #27
sarramkrop

Quote:
Well, they stuck it to me first, tonight. Apparently I didn't get the memo about the union being completely locked up tonight because of the "holiday" schedule. So my records and I wasted 30 minutes and a gallon of gas going out tonight for nothing.

Well, at least the mould on all those Rolling Stones records took a bit of fresh air, considering that they don't get played often enough.

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 11:22 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
NO, not really--just wanted to get your attention. Tonight was my first show. See.. http://www.kruiradio.org/dj-bios/?dj=391

It was actually quite the blast.

and here I was about to congratulate you on your accomplishment of pulling off a sucky gig, when you fooled me and it was a success...

successful gigs are always nice, but it is always the ones that go wrong that teach you the most about how successful a performer you are or aren't. when things go wrong and you have to pull things together out of yr ass practically, and it definitely went shitty, and yet people didn't fully boo your ass off the stage, these are the moments that teach you the experience of "showmanship" which sets apart the talented musician/artist/DJ from the popular performer of the same music, art or records....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 11:37 PM   #29
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Well, at least the mould on all those Rolling Stones records took a bit of fresh air, considering that they don't get played often enough.

That was so funny I almost forgot to laugh...

Actually I didn't have any of the Rolfing Rocks with me. I had Battles, I think, and Jefferson Airplane, Roland Kirk, John Coltrane, Velvet Underground. Classics, I guess you could say--aside from Battles, that isn't 20 years old yet.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth