Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The "I miss D. Boon Thread"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.18.2009, 12:13 AM   #1
yr
little trouble girl

yr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's asses
just because I do.
yr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 12:24 AM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I wasn't aware of who he was before he died so I can't say the same. Great musician, though.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 01:08 AM   #3
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
where can I hear his music?
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 01:09 AM   #4
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
http://www.myspace.com/theminutemen
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 08:46 AM   #5
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I interviewed Watt and Boon at the Living Room in Providence RIX in 1985 and asked D. if they ever played The Anchor live. Sure enough, at the Channel in Boston the next day I recognized they were playing "The Anchor" and I look up and there is D. Boon smiling at me.

fucking salad days
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 11:05 AM   #6
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
I feel you. D. Boon was the man. It's heartbreaking to see Mike Watt speak about his death on the 'we jam econo' dvd. Minutemen forever and ever.
Old 09.18.2009, 12:48 PM   #7
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I feel the same about D as I do Otis Redding, Jimi Hendrix, Big L, Kurt Cobain.. ect.
All of those people made really beautiful art. and they all left us with much more potential to keep making brilliant shit!
D especially though dude..
"It's kind of like having a hole where a heart used to be" mike watt
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 12:51 PM   #8
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone ever read this??

But your new album is gonna be pretty completely personal, I guess, based on -
Yeah, this one is. But it's a bizarre thing. I don't understand it really. Shit, young people who never even saw the Minutemen have told me that they've had dreams of D. Boon telling them to pick up a guitar and play.
Really!? Wow! Would you say he was the single biggest influence in your life?
Oh yeah. Big time. I'm not a born entertainer. But he was so intent on trying his best and hardest. And at the same time, he didn't have any of the image of what was acceptable back then. A lot of concerts are like Nuremberg rallies, where everyone on stage are good-looking guys, and everyone in the crowd looks like the same guy, but he totally turned it upside down. He was an artist too - he could paint. A lot of people saw him and thought, "Oh he's just this big guy," but he was a very sensitive man. He got me into reading nonfiction, history and all kinds of things.
And how old was he?
When he died?
Yeah.

heavy shit
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 07:36 PM   #9
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
maximum raspect for boon everytime
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
on jackass
Old 09.18.2009, 08:03 PM   #11
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Can't say I miss his since he died two and a half years before I was born, but shit would certainly be a lot better if he were alive.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 02:05 AM   #12
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
I was listening to the Minutemen a lot this week and it made me sad that D. Boon had to pass away so early.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2012, 11:52 AM   #13
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Q: Is "Joe McCarthy's Ghost" the best song ever?
A: Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsqxd0cLDUE
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth