Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What band's have aged the best? (physically, not sonicly)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2006, 11:40 PM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
My vote would go to Gang of Four. For a band that's reunited after such a long time, they still look pretty sharp.

Time hasn't worked well for the Pixies (except Kim) but they still rock!
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 11:47 PM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth for sure.
Bob Mould looks better now than he has in his entire life.
David Bowie and Leonard Cohen both still look sharp too.
Marty Willson-Piper of the Church is still a heartthrob for sure.
Paul Weller looks great.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:02 AM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Mick Jagger looks amazing.
Old 04.03.2006, 12:24 AM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Mick Jagger looks amazing.

Yeah, if you don't mind that chewd up & spit out look of his.
I wish that would happen to the rolling stones.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:28 AM   #5
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth all still look super young, i think.
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:28 AM   #6
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
"The best thing that could have happened to the Rolling Stones was if they'd have met Charles Manson in '69 and he could have hacked their heads off with a chainsaw."

-Jim Reid
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:35 AM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
"The best thing that could have happened to the Rolling Stones was if they'd have met Charles Manson in '69 and he could have hacked their heads off with a chainsaw."

-Jim Reid

FUCK YES! I think I found my new sig. Thanks SJIND

As for SY,they do look as if they've gotten younger somehow. Especially Kim.
-George Carlin
Old 04.03.2006, 12:37 AM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

-Jim Reid

You guys are insane. I'm wearing a Stones tongue shirt as we speak.
Old 04.03.2006, 12:42 AM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Well, your free to like them, but I just don't see why people like that group.
-George Carlin
Old 04.03.2006, 01:01 AM   #10
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
I just don't see why people like that group.

You can't be serious.
Old 04.03.2006, 01:01 AM   #11
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
sonic youth looks great, ofcorse!!!!

also.....

Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 01:06 AM   #12
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Krastian:

I'm sorry, but I am being serious. All they do is rip-off of the Beatles & the VU.
-George Carlin
Old 04.03.2006, 01:12 AM   #13
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
The Rolling Stones developed their core sound before VU ever released a record. The Beatles and The Stones came out at almost exactly the same time. I'm not a huge Stones fan, but saying they ripped off the Beatles and VU is silly.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 01:16 AM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Krastian:

I'm sorry, but I am being serious. All they do is rip-off of the Beatles & the VU.

Ha ha ha......that is hilarious. I can't believe you just said that. WRONG. From reading yr posts I honestly thought you were smarter than that. The Beatles and The Stones sound nothing alike after their early days of playing early rock and roll/blues (for the most part.....I mean they've pretty much have always been a straight up rock band minus a few weird songs in the late 60's). The Velvet Undeground???? What planet are you from? The Stones don't sound noisy and fucked up like the VU and I'm pretty sure that Lou Reed and crew's style (clothing, not music) and overall "fuck it" attitude was in someway influenced by The Stones. Crazy man, crazy.
Old 04.03.2006, 01:16 AM   #15
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
The Rolling Stones developed their core sound before VU ever released a record. The Beatles and The Stones came out at almost exactly the same time. I'm not a huge Stones fan, but saying they ripped off the Beatles and VU is silly.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 04.03.2006, 01:24 AM   #16
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

You can't honestly sit there & tell me that after VU released "Loaded", the RS weren't copying every aspect of that album, & in many ways, still are.
& if it weren't for The Beatles, no one would care about the RS. The Beatles laid a trail that the RS obviously copied. & hello, George got the RS their damn 1st recording contract. I'll never forgive George for that.
-George Carlin
Old 04.03.2006, 01:25 AM   #17
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
well, back to the topic, the stones have actually aged well concitering their drug cunsumtion and age. holla!

Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 01:35 AM   #18
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
You can't honestly sit there & tell me that after VU released "Loaded", the RS weren't copying every aspect of that album, & in many ways, still are.
& if it weren't for The Beatles, no one would care about the RS. The Beatles laid a trail that the RS obviously copied. & hello, George got the RS their damn 1st recording contract. I'll never forgive George for that.

Ha ha ha. If anything you could say the VU were "ripping off" The Stones for making a more stripped down rock record. What Stones songs post-Loaded sound like them so much that they are ripping them off? Wild Horses? Brown Sugar? Tumbling Dice? Angie? Happy? Blah........
Old 04.03.2006, 01:51 AM   #19
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I don't know, all of them. I just don't like the RS, that's all.
Nothing against anybodies taste in music.

As for VU, they were more or less evolving into that stripped down rock record. They were not ripping off the RS. They had done that noise/art music already, so they changed it up & did a rock record.

Now, I'm probably wrong, but didn't the RS cover a VU song once?
-George Carlin
Old 04.03.2006, 01:58 AM   #20
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I just don't like the RS, that's all.
Nothing against anybodies taste in music.

That's fine !!! But to say that The Stones ripped off the VU, or more specifically Loaded, is insane. Anyway, music is an ongoing continuum.....people influence each other.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth