Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Single thread: Flower/Halloween 12"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.04.2010, 09:38 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I had seen this single only one time at the same trip to maintown where I saw also Made In Usa first time. I didnīt buy it also and felt a little harm afterwards. Then I heard Flower about two years ago from Youtube, It was live version. I realised I have had it on the cassette from Roskilde Gig. I thought then it was not very good song as the most of the sonic single songs arenīt (that are not in the albums). I hadnīt ever heard Sonic version of Halloween, but I thought it was also dull song because Mudhoney made so boring version of it.

Last weekend there were that big record happening in my hometown. And that 12 " was there. At first I wasnīt going to buy it, because it was quite expensive (25 euros, maybe itīt about 30 dollars). But there were not so much albums for sale that I was interested in, so it was my last buying. What a suprise when I put it to my record player!!! It is just great, that etheric Sonic style that is heard a lot in Bad Moon Rising and EVOL!!! Definitely best Sonic single!!! Now the only Sonic vinyl release that I want is Kill Yr Idols!

By the way I found also the first us pressing of Raw Power! There is a black-andwhite pictures of Iggys face in the paper bag (same as in the cover, but itīs enlargement). And the vinyl is in very good condition!!! I had it before only in cassette.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2010, 09:54 PM   #2
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
i found this at a shop in fort worth, texas on a trip to visit my in-laws, had had to sneak it upstairs to our room before they saw the nudie cover. almost bought john and yoko two virgins nudie cover there that day. apparantly two nudie covers is too much in one day. excellent if all too brief bad-moon era sonic drone chants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I had seen this single only one time at the same trip to maintown where I saw also Made In Usa first time. I didnīt buy it also and felt a little harm afterwards. Then I heard Flower about two years ago from Youtube, It was live version. I realised I have had it on the cassette from Roskilde Gig. I thought then it was not very good song as the most of the sonic single songs arenīt (that are not in the albums). I hadnīt ever heard Sonic version of Halloween, but I thought it was also dull song because Mudhoney made so boring version of it.

Last weekend there were that big record happening in my hometown. And that 12 " was there. At first I wasnīt going to buy it, because it was quite expensive (25 euros, maybe itīt about 30 dollars). But there were not so much albums for sale that I was interested in, so it was my last buying. What a suprise when I put it to my record player!!! It is just great, that etheric Sonic style that is heard a lot in Bad Moon Rising and EVOL!!! Definitely best Sonic single!!! Now the only Sonic vinyl release that I want is Kill Yr Idols!

By the way I found also the first us pressing of Raw Power! There is a black-andwhite pictures of Iggys face in the paper bag (same as in the cover, but itīs enlargement). And the vinyl is in very good condition!!! I had it before only in cassette.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth