Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I love her all the time
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.12.2006, 12:37 PM   #1
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Lisening to this fucking awsome tune today....an a question arised that i always wonder but never remember 2 ask....what is that fucking tune at the begining of the song...the distorted bass riffage.. .sounds a lot like iggy pop...can anyone confirm that???? Also - the fucking wailing feedback at the end....omfing lord Orgasmic noise

Jusssstiss IZZZ MitEE is another favorite off bad moon. That detuned guitar riff is jus mental - really dazed doped sorta feeling riff....SATAN IS BORING - this song is so creepy, its almost alive. i rememember eating magic shrooms and lisening to this full blast, and it was a great experience...it was actully around halloween time....And bad moon rising has that sorta moody, halloweeney, forest sorta feel to it..Like reminds me of the Blair witch project. And the booklet art is fascinating.......definately one of my favorite SY albums.
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 12:49 PM   #2
xpressway2yrskull
little trouble girl

xpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's asses
No experience of 'shrooms but a bit of advice for you:
Never drink excessive amounts of alcohol and fall asleep to BMR.

Unless of course you want fucked up dreams with that as the soundtrack.
xpressway2yrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 12:50 PM   #3
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Hahah i love being scared
Old 04.12.2006, 12:55 PM   #4
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
It is indeed Iggy and The Stooges... plundered lo-fi tape recording from the 1st album, the song is "Not Right"...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 01:03 PM   #5
PunkerViolence
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
It is indeed Iggy and The Stooges... plundered lo-fi tape recording from the 1st album, the song is "Not Right"...

aaahh wicked mate! cheers for that...im gona go lisen
Old 04.12.2006, 02:55 PM   #6
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
They also sampled Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music, you can hear it in the transition between brave men run and society is a hole.

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 03:00 PM   #7
PunkerViolence
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance feeeedback
They also sampled Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music, you can hear it in the transition between brave men run and society is a hole.

Cool =|...anything else?
Old 04.12.2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by trance feeeedback

metal machine music remains throughtout society is a hole; there's part where they mix it lower, but if you listen carefully, you can hear it all the way thru to the end.

and the song doesn't sound like that because it's a lo-fi tape. it sounds like that because it's a lo-fi tape going thru a guitar amp with distortion
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 06:10 PM   #9
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Great fucking song I love hearing it live
Old 04.12.2006, 07:55 PM   #10
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperstation
Cool =|...anything else?

http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/sy/

it's even named after you. or at least it was.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 08:03 PM   #11
amyvega
bad moon rising

amyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's asses
hey butthead what's up?

i was going through evan's ipod and i found a cover of i love her all the time by camper van beethoven. haha! you should hear it. if you haven't alredy, i mean.
amyvega is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 08:17 PM   #12
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyvega
hey butthead what's up?

i was going through evan's ipod and i found a cover of i love her all the time by camper van beethoven. haha! you should hear it. if you haven't alredy, i mean.

Hmmm... can you describe what that sounds like Ms. Vega?... I couldn't imagine!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 08:18 PM   #13
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyvega
hey butthead what's up?

Oh yeah it's great, like most Camper Van Beethoven...

If you can find it, 1/09/03 Charlottesville @ Starr Hill is a great show if I do say so myself...(i've seen it at torrent sites for download...it's probably at archive.org too along with many other CVB boots that are reposited there)
I was there...I have seen CVB far more times than SY actually...they did I Love Her All The Time & Tusk that night...
a few nights later they played Irving Plaza in NYC & when David Lowery said they were gonna do a Sonic Youth cover, some heckler shouted out "Sonic Youth sucks," & bassist Victor Krummenacher retorted back, "No, YOU suck."

Their cover sounds like a demented psychedelic bluegrass version of the song...completely original music with the same lyrics.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 08:43 PM   #14
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

Location: sonic toronto (it's way cooler than regular toronto)
hellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nice
echo canyon is just the intro to "get your hands of my desert" by pink floyd with some glass smashing at the end, its actualy really weird, because other than the glas and the needle scratch, its just the exact same track as the pink floyd song

its also used in thurstons cover of "european sun" by the velvet underground, in the bridge

ive been sitting on that for wayyyyy too long

oh and its my 19th birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastuionel
Only there i seen chep like that Cell Phone
hellotwentyfifteen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2006, 12:56 PM   #15
Proud Marie
little trouble girl

Proud Marie ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressway2yrskull
No experience of 'shrooms but a bit of advice for you:
Never drink excessive amounts of alcohol and fall asleep to BMR.

Unless of course you want fucked up dreams with that as the soundtrack.

O man I want to try that now. BMR is a masterpeice
Proud Marie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth